Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Tardcore posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, hold up, there are people that don't like Hard Candy?

Yeah its awful. Infuriating is a great way to describe it, and the one-two punch of this and Juno made me really dislike Ellen Paige forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Purple is the best color. Preferably eggplant

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That's kind of an ugly tux. It looks like something someone would wear to say "Hey, look at my ugly ironic tux! Aren't tuxes dumb?!"

This is a joke post right?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nope. It's an ugly tux, and tuxes are kind of dumb.

That Tux rules, sorry dude.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Jay Dub posted:

"From the people who made major motion pictures comes... a major motion picture."

This is what threw me to; what the hell?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

TheJoker138 posted:

The movie looks kind of great from the clips they've released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO0RPZcHDe4

So James Franco is playing a serious RiFF RaFF basically

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Except its starring Nicolas Cage :colbert:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
haha Ricky is in Would You Rather. I didn't know he ever made it out of Trailer Park Boys

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Look like ten posts above yours.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I actually like those a lot better than most fan-made posters. Peter Pan and Alice and Wonderland being my favorites

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Stallone is: Jimmy BoBo

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

scary ghost dog posted:

These are all GIS results so most of them are probably fan posters. The first one is definitely a theatrical poster though.

This one is pretty great

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Lizard Combatant posted:

Poor Sandra Bullock, she must be really hoping Gravity will turn her career around.

Didn't she just win an Oscar?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bugblatter posted:

Yeah the doc is surprisingly well put together. If you're involved with the industry you won't really learn anything, but it does a good job of explaining the issues to a lay person or a film buff. Also most the interviews are with DPs and technicians, the director's names are just what they use to sell the film (And they do interview directors like Nolan who have stuck with film, so it's not one sided at all).

Best part was Keanu calling Rodriguez on his praise of the screening at Skywalker Ranch. His "are you loving kidding me" face is great. Like others have said, he's a good host and actually fairly knowledgeable about the subject.

Whats hilarious about the doc is how poorly each interview is shot. Lighting is bad, cameras moving around without cutting away, its very strange.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bugblatter posted:

Haha, yeah. On a similar note, there was documentary about the major members of the ASC that came out a couple years ago which was shot clean and professionally, but in a manner that was a bit flat and generic, and midway through the interview with Roger Deakins he starts critiquing their set up and has them switch lenses and move the camera.

That sounds awesome. Is there a YouTube link to that scene?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Terminal Entropy posted:

But the movie is focused on him, so it makes sense that he is front and center on the poster then, the bluing is just a hack design aesthetic to go with that matches the suit jacket and dresses. Otherwise the Ironman 3 poster that was just being talked about is racist for having Don Cheadle be to the side rather than front and center with Robert Downey Jr..

He appears to be because of that cover. Not because of the actual content of the story.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I don't think that matters at all.

LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING

"J.R.R. Tolkien fans will be thrilled!"

Really inspires hope in the movie. Actually, I'm pretty sure the Dragonlance movie had a review to the effect of Dragonlance fans would be excited for it. They were wrong and it was them trying to find some possible way to not say, "This movie really sucks."

Wait, there is a dragon lance movie?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Young Freud posted:

No, this is the Gilliam-iest shot from the screencaps I've found...

I'm also pretty sure it comes before that screencap you mention.

Wait is that Conan O'Brien?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Giving away the twist in the tagline. Nice

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Calico Heart posted:

I'm sorry is it just me or is this a really awkward photoshop? His head looks so big... And his jacket? Am I going crazy?

You are going crazy, its a fine poster.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
The first one was surprisingly entertaining even after all the bad things i heard about it.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

mr. mephistopheles posted:

It's pretty pathetic when an agency doing work for major Hollywood movies won't even pay artists a fair amount for their work.

Nobody has a budget anymore :(

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I didn't know this was the bad opinions thread

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Katherine Keener is an actress I never think about as a favorite but always enjoy her work in movies.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
ugh after how bad God Bless America was I don't know if I can give him another chance.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vintersorg posted:

WHAT?

That movie is incredible.

I disagree, its revenge fulfillment fantasy without any commentary on the people itself, just "I don't like these people I would like to kill them." The main characters are just as insufferable as the people they want to kill. Total Pass.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vagabundo posted:

And then there's this guy from Training Day.

Cliff Curtis often plays Arabs or Latinos in Hollywood films and TV shows. He's actually Maori, which makes him Polynesian.

For some reason I though that was Jay Chandrasekhar

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

feedmyleg posted:

It's really not prominent depending on the lighting and makeup. I never noticed it in 7 seasons of 30 Rock, at least, had to be pointed out to me.

You can see it in the first season, before they started getting rid of it.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Man he's been puttin in work lately.

edit - he looks positively gaunt in that trailer.

bows1 fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 24, 2014

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Dark Souls worth playing?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

MacheteZombie posted:

Is it wrong for me to be delighted because Casper Van Dien is in this?

One of boys in the trailer is rocking a dope wolf shirt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyMcI6222IY

Ugh I hope that scene isn't in the movie. The acting and effects were terrible.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
A lot of people in this thread are hilariously unaware of image rights. I shot a commercial a couple years ago before I was aware of this, and it happened to have the Empire State Building in the background of it; not even featured just in 15 frames of one second. We heard from their team immediately.

People own the rights to images, buildings, faces etc. you can't just use them Willy nilly and expect it to be cool. I can see how that poster could take a year to get approved. The art didn't take that long, the legal process did.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Warner Music still uses that dope logo.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vegetable posted:

It doesn't really matter why he retired the character. The embarrassing thing is he has to drag it back out at all because he's done nothing else of note since then.

(I rather liked him in Les Mis)

I liked him in Sweeney Todd too

But yeah his appearance on Kimmel was cringe worthy

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Saw the original in a midnight showing of the 35mm. It was great

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah, and they didn't get the rights to any of Hendrix's music so it was useless (apparently, I didn't see it).

The Marc Maron interview with the director mentioned they never even tried to get the rights to the music because it wasn't the point. Although I haven't seen it so I can't comment

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Palpek posted:

Some cool posters have been

Ahh this is my friends movie! Never thought I'd see it here. Chadd is a great dude

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Dr. Killjoy posted:

The bigger question is how'd they approve a dude smoking on promotional material for an American show?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
The brink was god awful. The comedy was straight out of the 90's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vintersorg posted:

Wow, checkout Inspector Gadget over here!! It's like it's just a lovely teaser.

Wow, graphic designers use shutterstock.

Wow!!!

Yeah I mean, its literally the point of Shutterstock is to do that.