Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn this takes me back to my childhood, I used to love watching Walt Disney in his office chatting about animation and interacting with Mickey or Donald (especially Donald).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

edit: fixed the image leaching

Sold. Where do I buy my tickets and why can't I do it right now?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shanty posted:

That's like the definition of fairy tales in a way that a bunch of Draculas laying Frankenstein eggs or whatever the gently caress was going on in that movie isn't.

Wasn't the premise of Van Helsing that Dracula felt no emotion whatsoever, and him not feeling any emotion made him really angry and sad?

That movie is one of the funniest comedies I have ever seen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm pretty sure that was Kryten from Red Dwarf, dude, not Frankenstein.

I mean, it wouldn't make any goddamn sense otherwise.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Farbtoner posted:

Even better: they jump a ravine with a carriage just like a car going off a ramp

The important thing is that the carriage is drawn by Transylvanian horses, which nothing can outrun. Things go wrong when some werewolves then outrun the Transylvanian horses.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Max22 posted:

Maybe this poster would be better if we replaced all the faces:

Until I saw the gun in Walken's hand, I was hoping beyond hope they were playing three old stand-up comedians. I thought that would have been pretty neat!

Maybe Walken is a prop-comic? :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Robert Denby posted:

Oh good god:

It just gets worse as you go from left to right, holy poo poo.

Seriously, what is that?!

Oh okay, so when I saw the trailer for this film and thought,"Nothing could make this movie look any worse," I was clearly wrong, because the poster accomplished that quite nicely.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

I find baseball about as interesting as the history of accounting in Finland but this really makes me want to see the movie. It's just plain great and eye catching.

I find baseball to be one of the most boring, interminable and miserable to watch sports on the planet but holy poo poo if I don't love me a good baseball movie. :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Is this the prequel to Movie 43?

Yep, which is itself a prequel to Summer of Sam.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I can only hope you mean to the NBA, not the Looney Tunes.

I think he means that Bill Murray can pass between realities with relative ease.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I appreciated the attempt to bridge between the modern era and the old Donner films in Superman Returns, but felt that the movie suffered as a result (especially Lex Luthor). That said, the scene where Superman makes his big public return slowly lowering the rescued jumbo jet into the middle of a baseball game was so perfect that I'll often watch the whole movie just to see that scene again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ez posted:

Hey, I bought Almighty Thor completely aware of what I was getting into and I got more than my :10bux: worth of unintentional comedy.

Woah woah woah... Kevin Nash AND Richard Grieco? Since this is the year 1991 I am super-excited about this!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Red Bones posted:

No comment.

Based on the thumbnail, I thought this was an odd new Studio Ghibli film. Then I enlarged it :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dissapointed Owl posted:

How can anyone not love the intense exchange of glances between Mugatu and Todd after the foamy latte incident?

I'm indifferent to the movie, but I love that scene so much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Matlock posted:

I still don't get everyone's obsession with pretending the vampire angle was any kind of secret in From Dusk Till Dawn. Our area didn't even have internet until 1997, and distribution of mags like Fangoria was nil, but 12-year-old-me was in a car driving to the nearest theater to see it on a cold January Saturday (the day after release!) with a few friends and a weird Bosnian guy that were all hyped at it being a vampire movie.

I had no idea. Me and my friends went along eager to see a movie by two directors we really liked, and we really enjoyed "both" films - but I couldn't help but be disappointed by the sudden shift to a vampire film out of nowhere. Sure the last half of the movie is an absolute blast, but I was REALLY enjoying the set-up of the first half of the film.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Didn't this movie only actually get released because Chris Hemsworth became something of a big name?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Barometer posted:

The Royal Tenenbaums and the Life Aquatic are two of my favorite movies so I am always ready to watch an Anderson flick.

Yeah, the excellent cast is a bonus but what gets me to buy a ticket is Wes Anderson's name. Moonrise Kingdom was fantastic, probably only Royal Tannenbaums edges it out as my favorite of his live-action films. The Fantastic Mr. Fox is just something beautifully unique though, that I can't really compare to his other films.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Madkal posted:

Possible further titles:

John Carpenter's Planet of the Apes 2000

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God :allears:

Mister Chief posted:

sort of a follow up to Wet Hot American Summer.

Oh my God :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

morestuff posted:

There's a clip, too. It didn't do much for me, but I'm hoping for the best.

That works for me, I was sold from the terrible beanbag insult and the shared love of fiction.