Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

And More posted:

6 uses of rear end :monocle:

Man, I'd be stretched to come up with 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Other options are THAI RESTAURANT and LUIGI'S PIZZA.

This seems like the street to be if you want a meal.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
King Kong is just perplexed that the helicopter was suddenly replaced by a helicopter-sized woman.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I think I had this textbook.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The zigzag should really be reversed so the flames would make a Z in the foliage.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

kdrudy posted:

Then it would be a Zorro movie, duh.

No movie is above imitation.

Yes.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

It's nice to see more new giant monster IPs.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I don't particularly care for the typeset. I also think the text may be too brightly colored. What if you made it paler, to match the yellow of the half-halo? Alternatively, you could leave the text as it is and try upping the saturation of the rest of the poster.

Edit: here's a very rough example of what I meant.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 11, 2017

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I really, genuinely like this. It's terrible. It's goofy. It goes all in on the Imaginext/Fisher Price aesthetic.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The worst part about the typeset is that the hard angles on the N and the middle line of the E make the letters look like surgical blades, but that's the other story named Blade Runner!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ravenkult posted:

how about now

every other deckard should be teal instead of purple to go with the chessboard motif

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Waffleman_ posted:

Dreamworks presents the story of one frog who's about to have the adventure of a lifetime in :frogout:

tagline: It's not easy being green.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I really love the flock of birds between Kong and the Earth.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I never realized Rob Ford was packing heat. I guess that's on me for not following Canadian politics more closely.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Have their been any movies that use this kind of graphical glitch as a source of horror?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Waffleman_ posted:

They're making a movie out of Ready Player One?!

Not only that, Spielberg is directing it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Detective No. 27 posted:

Book to movie chat:
I saw someone post this to my Facebook a while ago and I couldn't roll my eyes hard enough:

That's an astonishingly clean cut.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

54.6 million kilometers from the nearest ethnic.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It looks like a Night at the Museum focused exclusively on the gift shop.

Those are some gorgeous floor tiles, though.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Powaqoatse posted:

The few episodes I've seen make Sheldon seem like a total douchebag and I guess the others are only "friends" with him because they're socially maladjusted idiots too.

I haven't watched any of the BBT since the first or second season a decade ago, but from what I remember Sheldon was a genuinely tolerant and giving person when he wasn't held back by his mental condition.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

It's so many paragraphs of nothing being said.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 22, 2017

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

C3P-O at the leather club.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Allen Wren posted:

"x-411 supermetal bodywork" "we're not even bothering to come up with a dumb name for our science fiction alloy, it's supermetal"

Believe it or not, "supermetal" is actually a reference to the Go Nagai giant robot cartoons of the early '70s.

Absolutely agree with you about the design for these robots being trash, though.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Nah, there were plenty of other cool mechs (that had a collective screen time of ten or so seconds in a flashback).

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

"Ugh, I'm soaking wet, my legs are frozen, and I'm fresh out of meth. This trip sucks."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I have no idea what the word "drab" means, but like hell if I'm going to let someone criticize my brand.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I guess that's why the poster doesn't show her neck.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ruddiger posted:

Posted my shelves in the blu thread, but wanted people's opinions on this. Hanging posters on book shelves, better or worse than hanging it flush against the ceiling?

Proper poster etiquette aside, what shelves are those?
I have a ton of books and DVDs in boxes from a recent move and have been looking for good shelving.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
What are the odds the dog dies?
This seems like the perfect film to have the boy's dog die.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm basing that entirely on the fact that they have an easy cop-out, if it wasn't obvious.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Proteus Jones posted:

The real crime is anyone that would even *think* ketchup is acceptable for soft pretzels.

It's mustard, it just looks like ketchup because it's under a green tinted light.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Marketing is a black art that no one truly understands.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gonz posted:

Don't you dare say anything negative about Robot Jox.

I was seven years old when that came out and it was straight fire.

Edit:

"Robot Jox, but against aliens" was a trashy 1997 German/Filipino film called Robo Warriors. It is complete trash and I highly recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paw4h_cF7_8

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yep, he's black Robocop, and his dad is Dr. Miles Dyson (also, possibly, Martian Manhunter).

Dr. Dyson, who purposely made his human son into a machine; not to be confused with Dr. Daystrom, who accidentally made his machine human.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Apokalips is the blasted future earth marked with the Omega symbol from the Knightmare, as well as the carpet of skulls that Superman sees in MOS.

More than that, Apokalips is the setting of Snyder's other sci-fi film, 300.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I wonder if the fact that the "bad" droid's head is only half as large as BB-8's is meant to signify a lack of something, or a missing part. Maybe the First Order physically removed that part of the droid that permitted disobedience?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

My first thought after seeing this was that Canabalt was getting the movie-of-the-game treatment.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

These are works of art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Wendell posted:

Rampage on NES was a total waste of a rental back in the day.

Rampage is a perfect example of a rad as hell idea that just isn't particularly fun to play.