Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Desperado Bones posted:

And finally:

And according to the site where I found this:

It actually does a great job in making me ignore the movie. The poster is too 'epic action' generic for me.
I like the "poster within a poster" part, but the weapon behind the back is pretty overused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

I'm kind of wondering which poster you're looking at, because the bow is not behind her back.
You're right, I'm not going to debate semantics, but it still looks like these.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Isn't it just Panem watching the Games? That's hardly the world.

Also, I can't help but see the red olive branches of the Battle Royale logo on the ground in front of her.
Here we go again! :P

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Jedit posted:

Would you mind telling me where you think a quiver should be carried or a bow held when not in use?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

I know some people have soured on minimalist posters, but here are these. They came up in the Office Space fan page feed on Facebook.

Why would this not be a stapler?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

mousku posted:

So I work in a DVD rental shop and Cass has absolutely one of the worst covers there. The people renting this must have googled the movie beforehand because I refuse to believe anyone would rent this based on the cover only.

Cass, no!! The leading angry mobs thing has got to stop!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

I don't see what's good about this poster. It looks like a bad Photoshop job, granted, it's not the usual bad Photoshop job, but it's still bad. Filter upon filter with no sense of layout.
I like it because it looks like Corman's House of Usher.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

mousku posted:

While we're on the topic of fonts...

What is going on with this one? It looks like comic sans and really breaks the mood.
Technically it is a comic book though.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Nilbop posted:

There is nothing wrong with this poster. Every constituent just says

"Guys, we're gonna have an adventure."
If he didn't have the machete, it could be the start of a very romantic interlude.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Women are quite literally objects!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Habermann posted:

Much like a blowfish inflates itself to scare away predators, the cover to "Legend of the Sea" does a wonderful job scaring off adults and children alike (Though studies have shown that the sight of Rob Schneider's name is actually a stronger deterrent than a set of sharpened spines).

I personally love the lossy compression on the main character of the film, compared to the crisp secondary characters he shares the box with. The only other thing as pixelated as him seems to be the background.
Haha the scariest part is definitely the ROB SCHNEIDER

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Mustached5thGrader posted:

As a Christian, I can say that there has NEVER been a watchable "Faith-based" film. The worst being Fireproof. A lot of good that did, seeing as how my wife cheated on me and left me :smith:
What about faith-included? I liked Secret Sunshine and Amazing Grace, although faith is only a part of the story. Higher Ground looks pretty decent (haven't seen it yet though). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8y7edoPgX8

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Awwww!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

Look at this person being 100% right.

edit-
For content, I saw this on blu-ray.com and laughed at how silly Malkovich looks:

I thought that was Hugh Laurie for a second.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

And the cover for The President's Last Bang looks so god drat sleek.

Is the plot of the movie as dirty as the title and poster imply?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Darthemed posted:

This was a fairly bad movie, but the poster does a nice job of hiding that fact.

And here's the cover it got for VHS release.

It's a Pyun!
It would be nice if they ever put it on DVD.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Speaking of which, I really like this

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I love that tagline. The orcs are back? I didn't even know they left!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

"The script is stuffed with fantastic, acerbic one-liners which hang teasingly around the brain for days."

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

echoplex posted:

Who is the idiot on the left of the poster? I don't do comics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawkeye_%28comics%29

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Liam is now fully poseable!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Red posted:

This is awesome. I wanna make a custom wallpaper of my favorite films. How! Where?!
I signed up to that site but they haven't emailed me yet.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

That is awesome. Such attention to detail.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

victorious posted:

Yeah I used my films list, and just cropped a bunch of screenshots together in paint.net. Like I said, I had time to kill :)

E: Oh, and I need more people to follow, so if you're on the site, add me (Same username as here).
I followed you and the people who are following you. Jonathan (whoever you are) - interesting "Worst films ever" list. I have only seen two of them (Thin Red Line and Kung Pow) and I like them both. :D

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

swordfish707 posted:

For comparison, Benny and Joon. Quirky and wacky back when it was fresh, and well done, too.
It wasn't 100% fresh, considering he was using comedy routines from the 1920s. :colbert:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Benne posted:

Anyway, back to movie posters. Or TV posters, in this case, because the posters for the new season of Game Of Thrones are fan-loving-tastic.

:siren: POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD :siren:
Link the first poster.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Flippycunt posted:

What on earth is the pattern on his shirt? Fortune cookies?
Toenail clippings.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

kiimo posted:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Colin Farrell is good at pretending to be a country singer in Crazy Heart!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but is this a sequel to Sukiyaki Western Django or something because I know Tarantino had a part in that movie. Or is Django just a general term?
Django is an early and well-known spaghetti western that spawned numerous unofficial "sequels." Sukiyaki Western Django is a loose remake of Fistful of Dollars, and the title of the film is just a pun. Django Unchained has nothing to do with any of that stuff, much like Inglourious Basterds has nothing to do with Inglorious Bastards.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Great movie, horrible poster

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

echoplex posted:

I want him dead.
Careful, he might quietly judge you.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Crackbone posted:

He means the trope of the villain getting caught, and it turns out getting captured was a vital part of his plan (whereupon he hacks the gibson/makes a masterful escape). Bonus trope points if the good guy's leader pitches a hissy fit saying "he did this RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES", or if the good guys were dumb enough to put some vital macguffin in the same building as the supervillian.
Like Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, and Skyfall?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

rawillkill posted:

I know it's not a poster but we keep posting the Hunger Games stuff in this thread

So have some of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4e-qJdEAXo

Hopefully their promotional posters will be just as good as Catching Fire...
I don't get why Peeta is allowed to be alive.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

kiimo posted:

He isn't photoshopped. For posterity...

Pete Rosenthal can handle it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9d09JLBVRc

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

keep your hands off eizouken! is maybe the best anime ever made but, i very sincerely doubt that a movie can recapture that magic given that its owed to the sublime synergy of animation being both the medium and the subject

https://youtu.be/zWt1ftO_uYo

https://youtu.be/J3WbkC-D8kU

https://youtu.be/PddceZ_V124
I like that guy's other films, looks like it's available for streaming on crunchyroll.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

My new favorite twitter account

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

westborn posted:

(Apparently that was the actual design for the generic items at "Ralphs" at the time, not made up for Repo Man)
NICE

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

There's also a coffee table book The Art of Mondo if you want to look at them all without paying top dollar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

))><((