Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Desperado Bones posted:

Okay. This is a Christian movie, I guess set in the times of Christ, right? I say this because there are crosses up there in the main poster,and that's loving creepy.It means there's people dying in slow and painful agony up there.

That's probably the Golgotha and it's probably Jesus up there dying.

Also was Judah taken to be sacrificed? Because that's the vibe I was getting from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Judah the biblical person doesn't have anything to do with this poster I think, other than being in the bible and being the source of the name of the tribe of Judah and later the Kingdom of Judah.

No, I mean Judah the lamb in the movie. They got this lamb and threw him in a box and carted him off.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Alhazred posted:

Halle Berry's tits is starring in a new movie:

"From the Director of
BLUE CRUSH and
INTO THE BLUE

DARKBLUE"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I really like this poster, except the blurb at the top is throwing it off a bit for me.

echoplex posted:

Jesus christ, how are you even allowed to operate a computer

He's 19/20.

It freaked me out at first too.

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 15, 2012

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Noxville posted:

The cover of the new UK Blu-Ray of Repo Man is appalling. Really bad job, Masters of Cinema. Really, really bad job.

When they first showed it I assumed placeholder art but it comes out on Monday and it's still like this on their site and on Amazon.

I kind of like it. Matches the hosed-up aesthetic of the film.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That's a really wide train cabin.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

bobkatt013 posted:

Mirror Mirror looks like a movie that Eric Robert's should be in

That actually raises a very good question; have Julia and Eric Roberts ever been in the same movie?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Triumphant posted:

That poster should have been thrown in the garbage.

They should follow this poster up with someone taking out the garbage.

On garbage day.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, once you see that you realize the face and neck of the shirt are from a very different picture than the lower body and arms and it becomes VERY obvious.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Jedit posted:

Still better than the trailer for Cabin in the Woods. "You think you know the story" ... well, yes, I do, since your trailer gives away the big twist in the movie, you loving morons. I hate it when they do that.

It's almost like you think that you know the story of the movie.

I'm actually pretty psyched for Cabin, it's been getting great advanced word and I liked Cloverfield so :toot:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
And Kodak, I believe!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Which itself reminds me of :nws:this:nws: Dali/Halsman photo, which was imitated in this poster and literally pasted into this one.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Wait, what's Joey Fat One doing in this? Is Family Feud not payin' the bills these days?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Yeah, almost all of the fan made ones on here are really loving awful.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

They all did, all famous Australians have been at one point or another

I'm giggling imagining Brian Johnson on a soap opera.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Popelmon posted:

I love the dubs of 80's action movies, especially Die Hard was amazing.

I'm still confused that some movies are renamed in Germany. Taken was called 96 Hours which is just...weird.

Isn't the German name for Die Hard something like "A Tough Nut To Crack?"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Jedit posted:

That's about six weeks back, I'd forgotten it. I have to say though, Vera Farmiga's dress pattern is really unfortunate in that position:

I don't know, you're stretching that a bit.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mister Chief posted:

Worst tagline ever?

I've seen this movie and, from what I remember, Yul Brynner only shows up in archived footage from Westworld.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

kiimo posted:

Oh Paulie. Oh guy from Enter the Dragon and Mitchell. You romance me so.

vvvv Never saw one. Same goes for Halloween.

I thought that was Brian Doyle Murray at first.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Peanut President posted:

Does Nicole Kidman's character have a broken back in this movie or what?

I don't think so, but apparently she real-deal straight up pees on Zach Effron in this movie.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Easter Bunny isn't a fable at all.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also I'm pretty sure a wooden carriage falls off a cliff and explodes.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dillbag posted:

I really don't know what to think about this. It kind of looks like one of those hand-painted Ghanian rice sack posters.

I hated this poster for the first 3 or 4 seconds I was looking at it and then it all clicked and suddenly I loved it. I'm not sure what happened, but one moment I hated it and the next I thought it was perfect.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Young Freud posted:

I've always wondered how the score for The Thing sounds very much like the score for The Andromeda Strain, despite Ennio Morricone not working on the latter.

Also the funny thing about The Thing's score is, despite it not being a John Carpenter composed score, it's the most John Carpenter sounding score that Morricone ever did.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

joedevola posted:

Decent art for an awful movie

Wait, was there actually a Death Star in Pumaman? Because I really don't remember a Death Star.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cavauro posted:

They are supposed to look like out-of-touch, unnatural looking Siegfried and Roy types for the plot of the film.

I think Carell is the only one doing a Siegfriend and Roy type, I think Carrey is doing more of a Chris Angel kind of role and Buscemi is probably more the old-time tuxedo wearing kind of magician.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Robert Denby posted:

Found a not-bad fan poster:

EDIT: Um... actually that's pretty amazing.
v v v v v

This pisses me off because they misspelled "Tobolowsky."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
With Fred Willard in a starring role, I can only imagine what they mean by 'naughty and nice.'

:razz:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Wait...correct me if I'm wrong, but reflected images don't actually appear to be 3D in real life, right?

That scene is going to look so weird!

Well, yeah of course they do. Close one eye, look at something in the mirror. Move 3" to one side. The image changed slightly.

The problem is flattening at a distance. If you're standing 4' from a mirror and looking at a reflection of something that's 10' behind you, it will appear to be 18' away.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I would love to see this. Charismatic villains are the best kind of villains.

Smith's got pretty tight image control, I really doubt he'd do anything where he's not practically angelic. I remember hearing a rumor that Tarantino wanted him for the lead in Django Unchained but he refused.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Slim Killington posted:

I'm worried about this, but for different reasons than you I think. The novel is a telling of how numerous countries dealt with the growing problem and it provided what was, at the time, a unique take on the genre: zombie apocalypse in a different country. That I think is the most interesting thing about the novel, experiencing what's happening in Russia and Israel and China and so on. I feel that the movie is going to be almost entirely centered around the United States and Brad Pitt's family there, with the other countries relegated to "updates" via news clips and things to that effect. That will entirely miss the concept of the novel, and I'm banking on that happening.

From what I know about the film (which is, admittedly little) I don't think much of it takes place in the States at all. I think he's supposed to be overseas with his family when the outbreak occurs.

What I found most interesting about the book was less of the actual outbreak and more the reconstruction. The idea that we are a country of mid-level managers and majority of people with any practical skills for rebuilding the country are tradesmen immigrants was nice.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Darthemed posted:

A Charles Band Production

Charles Band is the unsung king of lovely movies. Everyone always goes with Troma or Corman but no, Charles Band is like the 100% guaranteed seal of poo poo. The relationship Full Moon has with their followers and fans is an emotionally abusive one.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It looks like The Fifth Element as depicted in South Park.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lobok posted:

One reason why this rules: Bond/Connery wearing flippers and making it work. Who else in fifty years has ever pulled off flippers in a movie's ad campaign? Who else has even tried?

If you try to make fun of the flippers OR the pink background he'll shoot you with a harpoon. He's loaded, who knows what he's capable of!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ariza posted:

And now from the award winning director of an episode of Who's the Boss and Walker, Texas Ranger comes a new classic!

and for good measure, check out the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cc9mcQwpKY

That's not even a trailer, that's just about 2 minutes of the movie. It sets up absolutely nothing other than that it's the kid's birthday and dad is weird.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Codependent Poster posted:

Bad joke incoming.

The 'Hungary' joke is what got me.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Strange Matter posted:

Mystery Men is one of my favorite movies, and I like how I can pick out the scenes where most of those character poses were taken from; however I don't remember the Blue Raja having horribly deformed Elephantiasis hands.

I feel like that might be his cuff and the back of his right hand, and not his left-hand knuckles like it looks.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Robert Denby posted:

Anyways, these are everywhere in Manhattan:

Isn't there a $x00 fine for honking throughout most of Manhattan?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Skwirl posted:

Have you ever been to Manhattan?

Back in 2006 when I was living there, there were signs up everywhere like this:

Googling it now, apparently they gave up on that back in January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also Bradley Cooper in a movie he will regret being in.