Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I need to find a higher resolution copy so I can study whatever the gently caress happened to Aaron Paul's face in greater detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Harlock posted:

Guessing it filmed in 2013 and sat on a shelf until someone bought the distribution rights

Yeah, so much in the new releases piles I'm seeing is shelved stuff that suddenly is getting air because the schedules are empty.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s ‘just’ voice work, but he’s great in Bojack too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

flashy_mcflash posted:

I got a review screener of this and it's fuckin wild. Big Snakes on a Plane energy, with no snakes. Denise Richards and Thomas Jane are barely in it.

Yeah it’s never a great sign that the top line on the poster has two ‘with’s and an ‘and’.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

PriorMarcus posted:

Is anyone in the UK able to recommend a good framing company?

https://www.saltmarshe.com/ the company I used to go to merged with these guys when the owner was originally going to retire. Had a bunch of custom stuff done and his work was always exemplary. Not cheap by a long shot, but this kind of work never is.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Saint Freak posted:

When I was a kid my local mom and pop rental place had this poster from A Fish Called Wanda.

I was absolutely fascinated with the idea of this movie about a 6 foot tall anthropomorphic fish lady that apparently commits crimes. I was a few years too young to rent an R-rated movie, but I wondered about it every time I went there. I would catch it years later on TV and boy was the child in me disappointed.

That totally needs to be remade for The Shape of Water.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

End of Watch might’ve been passable if it wasn’t completely hindered by its forced and pointless gimmick. But given that’s the only reason people talk about it (back when it was out, I’ve not heard it mentioned for years) it probably wouldn’t have been made without that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's lots that can be talked about but I'm just going to say CHORD OVERSTREET, which I've decided to pronounce with the H and not like the musical pronunciation.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It is indeed.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Every time I see that image it takes me about 3 or 4 people to work out decisively if it's the real one or the gag one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In fairness, the $500m made by that movie were from people unaware how loving bad it was going to be.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

BonoMan posted:

That'd be a cool slipcover over the regular cover that's just the OG poster.

Yeah that would work great.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Criterion have just always been wildly inconsistent with their designs. Some are fantastic, some are just unjustifiable.

The Dazed and Confused packaging has cutouts on it so that comes to mind given the topic, but jeez why can't one of my favorite movies ever get artwork that just isn't complete rear end. From VHS to Blu-Ray, it gets screwed over time and time again.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It doesn't matter how long I stare at this, I cannot say for certain whether that is Linda Hamilton or not.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t want to see this movie, I want to see whatever Tommy Flanagan is looking at that’s so shocking it appears to have dislocated his jaw.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Taintrunner posted:

Oh hey, it's another ex-WWE guy!

And I’ve got some bad news for him.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The worst thing about Mr. Vengeance is they threw away the translation of Chinjeolhan geumjassi and just called it Lady Vengeance to tie in with the first movie.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

“Kind Hearted Ms. Geum-ja” is Lady Vengeance’s ‘real’ title. Just seems an odd thing to do to a film that doesn’t need to be renamed to get the niche market to be interested. It’s not a huge deal of course, it’s just always struck me as a bit cheap, especially as the titles are kinda polar opposites.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That thread is full of extremely bland and boring choices for sure.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah the trailer for the Arquette movie looks cool. I’m gonna guess a big part of it is going to be *that* match, should be a wild ride.

And I like poster dumps. That Tenet poster is pretty weak (especially after they changed the ident due to the bike shop with a really similar motif) but yeah I’m hyped for it too, when i eventually get to watch it at home anyway.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

I don't know, that cast sounds like they could make just about anything work, honestly.

Spoken like someone who never saw Dirty Grandpa. (Luckily i didn’t either but I saw the last 10 or so minutes once and that was more than enough).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This is like the result of a dream where you realize your movie comes out tomorrow, you've totally forgotten to make a poster and you've got like an hour and a copy of MSPaint.exe

(For Love or Money, a documentary about poker. This isn't a placeholder or something, the movie is out and this is the poster).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

kdrudy posted:

When he gets around to a hosed up Gilmore Girls reboot movie he'll let his brother keep his old role and be real, but until then, it's creatures.

Kirk will have 100 arms, the only way he’s capable of doing as many jobs as he’s accumulated during the show’s run.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

marshmallow creep posted:

Never saw the movie. Don't give a poo poo about it. I want this on a wall.

Poster definitely better than the movie in this case.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That sucks, I wonder how Thomas Lennon got involved in that. Zahler can do one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Light Gun Man posted:

Joe Bob Briggs did it on Shudder, probably the best way to watch it.

So what's the deal with this guy now? The last time I paid attention it was all about how he was giving dodgy opinions in super dodgy outlets... but now I'm not seeing any mention, but nor am I seeing any apologies or anything like that. Did people just stop caring?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

On the Bristol scale, sure.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Origami Dali posted:

I really want somebody in Sarasota to go watch this thing and report back. Guaranteed you won't have any problem social distancing in that movie.

I’m actually going to be on that side of the state this weekend but not sure I can make it. Told some friends who I think are in the area at the moment though, if they go it might double their opening weekend takings.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The MSJ posted:

I guess Netflix making multiracial Vanessa Hudgens their default Christmas actress is progress.

I meant to watch them all this year in an act of self hatred, but based on what I’ve seen they basically just hire a casting director who takes a script that is all white straight people and diversifies it with zero real thought. I watched one set in small town Alaska that must’ve had the entire African American population of the entire state in it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I haven't bought any screen prints in a good few years, I loved them but it's such an expensive game to be in. Also still remembering the time I cut my finger open on the edge of a tube my first ever order came in and got blood on the canvas, d'oh. Luckily the frame hides that bit.

Alas, all my stuff whether in frames or in poster tubes is several thousand miles away from me right now. Severe lack of wall space in my current house means that probably won't change for a while either :(

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzIHyF7UWY4

Someone added the clips to a Cumtown discussion about his recent work, and it's all you need to know.

(Content warning because it's CT so they probably throw around words you can't use on here with abandon).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sorry for linking to my own tweet, but there's a reason I've had this thing pinned for so long

https://twitter.com/ChadMuskehound/status/888802795217985537

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've never heard the name Tamar before, so presumed it was her husband (the Simon bit didn't hurt). Turns out I'm wrong!

quote:

A perfectly dreadful film whose chief selling point is that it's the first starring role for Bangles lead singer Susanna Hoffs and that the director is none other than Mom, Tamar Simon Hoffs.

Anyway, I've never looked at a poster and had that film entered in my Cult and Trash section of Plex so fast, thanks for posting!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Same.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Anyone who likes Bogosian should definitely check out Talk Radio. Never gets talked about, but just a great performance from him.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm going to have to check my blu-ray when I get home, because the front cover I'm seeing online is a similar version to the one on that poster (way less emphasis on Rami). I could've sworn my copy has the poster from the film, which might not sell it to those who haven't seen it, but makes a ton of sense if you have. Love that film. https://www.blu-ray.com/Short-Term-12/238919/

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is that a promotional Shin Ultraman vape pen?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gripweed posted:

It's the movies version of the Beta Capsule, the device the human host uses to transform into Ultraman. This is what it looked like in the original series

Ha! Thanks for the explanation

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Baron von Eevl posted:

The article says the house was sold in 1994, is this even Pesci's decor? Is this the seller really trying to play up that he used to live there 30 years ago?

In fairness, one day I plan to own the 'Flight of the Navigator' house in my city, and my choice of decor will not be subtle as to what it was used for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

marshmallow creep posted:

Wanna hang and watch movies with Joe Pesci

Like buying a DVD that doesn't let you turn the commentary track off.