Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«122 »
Kenning
Jan 10, 2009

I really want to post goatse. I wish I had 10bux

Ikioi is the other sekitori who's a famously good karaoke singer, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Its their way to detain, their way to disgrace - their knees in your balls and their fists in your face.

Kenning posted:

Ikioi is the other sekitori who's a famously good karaoke singer, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75sd3LtWyCc

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

*AUTISM INSTENSIFIES*

Q: Why is that very large man singing a love song to his iron?

A: Japan

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Dudes a legend. That video has been around a while though, so probably a repost.

Yeah Ikioi does amazing enka. The most classically trained out of all of them for sure. Harumafuji is/was also pretty talented, and Kakuryu surprised everyone with a very nice bass voice in the Hakkiyoi video.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Its their way to detain, their way to disgrace - their knees in your balls and their fists in your face.

Fryhtaning posted:

Dudes a legend. That video has been around a while though, so probably a repost.

Yeah Ikioi does amazing enka. The most classically trained out of all of them for sure. Harumafuji is/was also pretty talented, and Kakuryu surprised everyone with a very nice bass voice in the Hakkiyoi video.

Shamelessly nicked from Sumo Forum. I was actually trying to find a video on a jungyo bus where Hakuho starts singing on the bus mic before handing over to Ikioi - if anyone's seen this, please post!

Lol, I watched the Hakkiyoi video today while searching for the above. Oh Lady Gaga...

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

So, I don't know if anyone in this thread would be familiar with a manga artist called Gengoroh Tagame. He's pretty well known as one of only a few manga creators in Japan who is both openly gay and writes explicity for a gay male audience - most often erotica, but recently also some family dramas. One of his most recent books is 'My Brother's Husband', about a man who must confront his own prejudices when Mike, his estranged and recently deceased twin brother's Canadian husband, comes to pay his respects to the family:

The book has turned out to be unexpectedly popular, enough so that NHK has commissioned a three-part live adaptation to air next month:

You may ask why I'm posting this in the sumo thread. If so, you may want to take a closer look at Mike there.

Baruto

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Huh, that's pretty cool! I've seen that manga mentioned somewhere recently, but had no context for it.

Here he is with Gengoroh Tagame, the mangaka:

https://twitter.com/Baruto_official...994472212070400

I hadn't really known that much about Baruto (beyond his sumo career), but doing some reading, he seems like a super chill dude.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

He's also fought in MMA and done fairly well in it, beating a few experienced fighters before getting way overmatched against a guy who was a top 5 heavyweight for about a decade. He could probably be a legit professional, except that he would have to drop to 265 lbs.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Baruto has a giggly teddy bear personality so holy poo poo is that a perfect casting. That rocks.

Didn't recognize him at all until you said to take the closer look - just about fell out of my chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Got some juicy (if you’re a weirdo traditionalist) first hand gossip for y’all. My wife was at the next station over doing whatever and saw Kisenosato. Apparently he was wearing *SHOCK* A HOODY. NOT VERY YOKOZUNA LIKE!

He was with his wife and kid. Asked that people not take pics, had bodyguards with him.

«122 »