Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«130 »
Shiroc
May 16, 2009

That one was his yusho fish, right? I feel like I've seen it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

It’s a tai (sea bream). They use it in celebrations because “tai” is in “omedetai” (congratulations). If it’s some big thing like becoming yokozuna they’ll have two of them

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

I have some news, sumo goons.

My wife works at a family photo studio in Tokyo that sometimes has celebrities as customers. This week Toyonoshima came in. If you recently started watching sumo you might not know him since he’s been plagued with injuries since 2016 and is in makushita. Anyway, apparently he is a nice guy and tells a lot of jokes. His wife is a pain in the rear end though and was telling everyone at the studio “He’s a famous rikishi! Don’t you know him?!” When my wife’s coworker told Mrs. Toyonoshima that my wife likes sumo, Mrs. Toyonoshima practically forced her to get a picture with him. Also I saw pictures from the shoot and there was a cute one of Toyonoshima, wife, and daughter in matching yukata. That’s my story thank you

Martytoof
Feb 25, 2003

I'm out of my head
of my heart
and my mind

That is, in fact, a good story.

I don't think any rikishi have ever come through my office. In fact I'd say it's probably a certainty.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Here's a nice article about Tochinoshin's promotion and the context around it that I didn't know all of as a somewhat new sumo watcher: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports...t/#.WxLiNS-ZOu4

«130 »