Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Rigel posted:

Sumo is gonna start in a few hours, yall! Kenning, I think its time for you to let us know who we drafted?

Draft incoming...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Draft in! It's 2 per for y/o, 3 per for s/k (since Kaisei is kyujo), and 1 per for the maegashira. Looking like a fun basho!

Kanthulu

Y/O: Tochinoshin
S/K: Ichinojo/
M1-5: Asanoyama
M6-10: Kotoshogiku
M11+: Chiyomaru

Kenning

Y/O: Takayasu
S/K: Mitakeumi
M1-5: Hokutofuji
M6-10: Abi
M11+: Arawashi

Martytoof

Y/O: Takayasu
S/K: Takakeisho
M1-5: Ryuden
M6-10: Shohozan
M11+: Aoiyama

ratmosphere

Y/O: Kisenosato
S/K: Ichinojo
M1-5: Yoshikaze
M6-10: Takanoiwa
M11+: Chiyoshoma

Rigel

Y/O: Goeido
M1-5: Nishikigi
M6-10: Ikioi
M11+: Meisei

Sivad

Y/O: Tochinoshin
M1-5: Tochiozan
M6-10: Kagayaki
M11+: Onosho

Vargatron

Y/O: Kisenosato
S/K: Ichinojo
M1-5: Myogiryu
M6-10: Sadanoumi
M11+: Endo

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Well.... all right, I can live with that.

Go Go Goeido!!!!

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Chiyomaru is looking terrible. I want to trade him as soon as possible. Which Rikishi are available for trading?

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
I suppose no one has Okinoumi so I want to trade my Chiyomaru for him.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Day 2

Are we watching the end of the Kisenosato era?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
There was never a Kisenosato era. It’s still the Hakuho era

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
This could be anyone's basho. Even Takakeisho is on fire.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

even takayasu was like “drat, I won that??

Also Kisenosato needs to retire :(

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Kaisei is returning on Day 3

Rigel fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 13, 2018

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Sorry for missing Day 1 standings! Here's day 2.

Kanthulhu posted:

I suppose no one has Okinoumi so I want to trade my Chiyomaru for him.

Trade registered for Day 2. Also I'm going to swap out Arawashi, who is looking awful, for Daiamami, who at least looks okay.

code:
Kanthulu	6
Kenning		4
Martytoof	7
ratmosphere	4
Rigel		4
sivad		7
Vargatron	5
The current wire is:

Vargatron
Martytoof
sivad
Rigel
ratmosphere
Kanthulu
Kenning

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
Thread title more correct than I thought

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

:rip:               kise              

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Poor Kise :(

Day 3 standings:

code:
Kanthulu	8
Kenning		11
Martytoof	10
ratmosphere	5
Rigel		5
sivad		10
Vargatron	8
I added the kinboshi for Miyogiryu, which I forgot to add yesterday. Looking messy up top!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is "mystery injury" kyujo even an option for him at this point? I have to imagine his leash is ridiculously short.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
He was given tons of leeway when he was kyujo for a year straight and he did decently in the last tournament so I imagine there will be no calls for retirement. I could be wrong but getting double digit wins even if it’s slightly below average for what a Yokozuna is supposed to do probably washed away a lot of worries

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This is the first time in 87 years that a Yokozuna started 0-4, not counting a fusen loss

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

On Kisenosato.

This really puts the sumo association in a tricky position. They either have to ask Kisenosato to retire or tell him to pull out with some made up injury.

They've created this mess in the first place by allowing him to sit out for so long creating a precedent that he doesn't have to perform at a Yokozuna level to remain a Yokozuna. At some point it's just too much. He looks like he would have trouble in Juryo.

His sumo is also just terrible. There's no plan, no strategy, he's slow and lethargic. This could get way uglier.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Kisenosato is kyujo

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
His face when the judges were explaining the reversal was so crushing.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

A quick summary of today's bouts:

:psyboom:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

God drat that was an interesting day of sumo.

They should all be so fun.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'd like to trade the Kyujo Kisenosato for Tochinoshin if possible. Or literally anybody else in the Y/O ranks that's competing.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Watching Day 5, I kept thinking "does ANYONE wanna win this drat basho?" I'm gonna need another 5 days before I start to believe in the rank and file wrestlers.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Could actually see back to back basho with no special prizes awarded at this rate, although Takakeisho and Tochiozan are looking decent

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Rigel posted:

Watching Day 5, I kept thinking "does ANYONE wanna win this drat basho?" I'm gonna need another 5 days before I start to believe in the rank and file wrestlers.

This is Abi's tournament.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
Takakeisho got this.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I thought about doing a trade, but almost my whole team is bad, so I'm giving up this basho to keep my place on the wire next time

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

Last couple days have had some really entertaining bouts... but I want a little more order in the sumo universe. Too crazy.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I think I’m leaning the other way. Can I just say how much I LOVE that we’re over halfway through and it’s still such a wide open race?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

If you haven't been watching Juryo do yourself a favor and look up Enho bouts from this Basho. He's an absolute legend.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OneLoveLulit/status/1063314006079791104

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Yeah I really hope he's able to be successful when he gets to makuuchi.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Hey everybody! Sorry for being flaky on updating you on fantasy, I lost the save on my spreadsheet and had to re-enter all the bouts in through nakabi, but here we are finally!

Vargatron posted:

I'd like to trade the Kyujo Kisenosato for Tochinoshin if possible. Or literally anybody else in the Y/O ranks that's competing.

Trade registered and applied the day it was made. The Y/O ranks are a mess, so I just gave you Tochi.

Standings on nakabi!

code:

Kanthulu	18
Kenning		27
Martytoof	25
ratmosphere	16
Rigel		21
sivad		26
Vargatron	18

We're gonna start getting KK and MK in soon, should be fun. Takakeisho looks like the most consistent, powerful riskishi right now, which is great. I'm loving this basho. Also, Abi is definitely still in the yusho arasoi. Let's see it happen!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Kind of a boring day, by comparison to the last few.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Rather slap-happy day today.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I thought the Shohozan win was pretty good, and Mitakeumi vs. Ryuden was sort of strange and fun to watch.

Day 9 standings!

code:
Kanthulu	21
Kenning		28
Martytoof	31
ratmosphere	20
Rigel		23
sivad		27
Vargatron	20
At this point Takakeisho would have to gently caress up pretty bad to not get at least one special prize. Onosho also looking super dialed in, I could see him getting one as well if he racks up a few more wins and keeps looking dominant.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Is Tochinoshin injured? He hasn't looked great at any point this basho.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Kenning posted:

At this point Takakeisho would have to gently caress up pretty bad to not get at least one special prize. Onosho also looking super dialed in, I could see him getting one as well if he racks up a few more wins and keeps looking dominant.

Onosho is doing well but he's way under ranked, so he should be doing well.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I haven’t seen todays bouts yet so this isn’t a spoiler. Takakeisho is 8-1 since yesterday and he’s faced every single Sanyaku wrestler except Takayasu. There’s a pretty realistic chance he ends up with 14 wins and the Yusho which would put his win total over the last three basho at 33 with a Yusho and that’s traditionally what you need for Ozeki promotion.

Has anyone ever been promoted from Komosubi straight to Ozeki? Would he even be eligible for promotion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Short answer: not in the modern era
Slightly longer answer: you have to be sekiwake to be considered for promotion to ozeki

If he gets a strong yusho and follows it up in January he'd be considered