Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

downtimejesus
Apr 24, 2007

Fryhtaning posted:

Well deserved! And just like I had a hunch on, this is the first time in history there have been 6 ozeki. Just got that much harder for one to stand out enough to become yokozuna...
Considering the 6 ozeki are pretty much on par with each other, is it theoretically possible that there won't be another yokozuna since any of the ozeki can beat the others on any given day? For consideration for promotion you need to go at least 13-2 in a tournament from what I'm gathering and how possible is that even going to be to do consistently when there are six ozeki?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

downtimejesus
Apr 24, 2007

Dr.Radical posted:

Seeing all the matches in at least juryo and makuuchi would definitely get somebody more interested though and you might even come out with some new favorites. Just get some tickets and go man!
Yeah, this is what I did when I was in Japan in 2008, one of my co-workers was like, let's go watch sumo and I pretty much had no idea. It was really fun.