Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
These are my settings...

quote:

[window]
width=1920
height=1080
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

It currently opens up in a 1024x768 window. I haven't touched the game in a week or two, it USED to work properly and now it's just ignoring the file as if there is another one somewhere over-riding it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
So I want to start doing this again next week. Who's in?

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 13, 2012

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

I certainly hope you don't hook up with Henry Moore. He's actually too big for some women to handle, though most are incredibly satisfied.

EvilJoven posted:

Me. I'm in.

Mobius1B7R
Jan 27, 2008

EvilJoven posted:

I'm in Tuesday and or Wednesday.............or anytime past 10 EST.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Tues or Weds works well for me.

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

Every day except Thursday works horribly for me. Sry dudes :(

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Come ooooon Tuesday :rolldice:

Nothing else to do, don't have to be up in the morning, I might actually be able to play a full night for the first time in forever! :toot:

Squido
May 21, 2005
Ask me about being a paedophile.
I'd love to get in a game or two, I am pretty terrible but I can sort of take off.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Tuesday it is! We might also do something Thursday.

For next weekend, I'm thinking of doing something different. I'm going to download Aces High sign up for the free trial and see just how it is. I know the graphics are old and poo poo but I don't care, I want to try something new.

If anyone cares to join me, the download is under 250MB.

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

I certainly hope you don't hook up with Henry Moore. He's actually too big for some women to handle, though most are incredibly satisfied.
I have a thing from 4-6pm pst, but if you guys are still playing when I get home I'll jump in.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Don't forget, IL-2 tonight. Start thinking about what you want to fly and where.

If possible can we get another host to take over when I need to head off so PST players can get some time in?

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
I just re-installed, never played multi before. What time EST will people probably be around?

Mobius1B7R
Jan 27, 2008

EvilJoven posted:

Don't forget, IL-2 tonight. Start thinking about what you want to fly and where.

If possible can we get another host to take over when I need to head off so PST players can get some time in?

I can host since I will be on a little late tonight. I'll be on at 9ish EST. Although I don't know how to use DCG so that might present an issue!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Check the second post, I just stuck some info about Lowengrin's DCG in there.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Joven replace the P40E with the P39 I want to pewpew without my engine getting shot out plus it performs best at the altitudes we fly at.

wargames fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 18, 2012

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Any interest in a game tonight? Last night I was with the lady.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN
I assume by "lady" you mean BF-109 replica cockpit.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
I might be around but I am terribly new at multiplayer.

EDIT: Saw CoH on the "other games we play" list. Anyone have Men of War?

LogisticEarth fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 19, 2012

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Thanks to goon Foodahn for hooking me up with this game.

Took me about 30 minutes to figure out taking off in a tailwheel (hint:the tail isn't on the ground when you rotate) but I started to get the hang of it pretty quickly after that. After playing FSX for a while, I'm really excited about the fact that prop pitch actually does things in this game. Someone invite me to the steam group!

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
So is there ANYWHERE I can find a working b-17 mod? it's my favorite aircraft of all time. I am sad to see that the HSFX will not work on 4.11, unless I am mistaken?

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...

rocket_man38 posted:

So is there ANYWHERE I can find a working b-17 mod? it's my favorite aircraft of all time. I am sad to see that the HSFX will not work on 4.11, unless I am mistaken?

Allegedly they're working on an update for HSFX compatible with 4.11. No word on when it's coming out...probably not for a few months.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Rubber Slug posted:

I assume by "lady" you mean BF-109 replica cockpit.

Of course I didn't mean that.
It's and SBD-5 replica, thank you very much. :colbert:

It didn't matter because my OS died horribly Wednesday night. Fortunately my CK2 game was complete. I think I would have gone apeshit if I lost that thing in the last century.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

dayman posted:

Allegedly they're working on an update for HSFX compatible with 4.11. No word on when it's coming out...probably not for a few months.

Is there a way I can rollback my game to 4.10?

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...

rocket_man38 posted:

Is there a way I can rollback my game to 4.10?

Reinstall clean and bring it up to 4.10.1.

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So I bought this and look forward to trying Multiplayer, but, is the campaign not even worth trying?

The reason I asked is I loaded up the first US mission (Wake Island) one and no matter what I try, my drat copilot just breezes out of sight like he has 14 engines on him. I can't keep up no matter what I try. And then he yells at me :(

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
The AI is programmed to be perfect at engine management, unfortunately.

The best bit of advice for playing single player is setting your Rank as the highest it can be (bottom of the drop down list) before you start a campaign. That way you will be flight leader and your wingmen will follow you and keep speed with you. The campaigns can be pretty fun if you check out Lowengrin's DCG, read EvilJoven's second post in the thread about how to get that set up nicely.

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

pixelbaron posted:

The AI is programmed to be perfect at engine management, unfortunately.

Unless I'm mistaken, 4.11 changed the AI so that they aren't perfect unless they're an Ace or something.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
If Lowengrin's skill settings are the same as the in game settings, any level below Rookie or maybe average will mop the floor with anyone who hasn't been playing for years. They're crack shots now.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
New patch came out today

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=413927&postcount=1

code:

- Ki-45 pilot and gunner skin changes
- Pe-8 and TB-7 gondola gunner head fix
- SM.79 gunsight toggle bombsight view fix
- Pe-8 now leaves crater when crashed into the ground
- Il-4 flaps operation lever animated correctly
- Pe-8 and TB-7 engine panel view glitch fixed
- M-105 series oil and water temperature limits changed
- Cant.Z506 can now take off with loaded plane
- Re.2000 can now carry 2x100kg bombs and Hungarian markings
- Player can now see a message dialog when joining a home base that has no planes left
- QMB now works with pair take off
- Early/late torpedo versions caused problems in the loadout list
- Fixed Java error when changing plane in FMB
- Fixed IK-3 navigation lights
- Static Fw 190A-4 1.42ata added
- Blow up flaps for F6F and F4U added
- Void skins for Cant.Z506 Mosquito XVIII and Fw 190A-4FR added
- Change of MG17 lamps in Fw 190A-4 to A-6
- Player's bomb delay value in arming screen now stays unchanged when viewing other planes
- Wingman no longer explodes at the end of taxiing in Crimea Red Scramble QMB mission
- I-250 shows proper RAF, RAAF and RN marking
- Fixed missing SM.79 pilot's head that caused plane to freeze in air
- Ki-45 aileron animation now correct
- New Ki-45 skins by Hayate
- Italian Autoblinda can now elevate the gun
- IK-3 changed to allied side
- Mosquito Mk.XVIII is no longer pink when no ammo is selected
- Changed .50 cal belt from APIT - AP - HE - AP to APIT - AP - API - AP
- AI in Mosquito Mk.XVIII will now attack ground targets
- Jet planes can now take off without burning their engines
- Pe-8 and TB-7 are normal to taxi now
- A few fixes in German localisation
- Bug with Il-4 being partially invulnerable fixed
- Army briefing now always fully visible
- P-39 no longer has permanent fuel pressure warning light
- Beaufighter now shows bullet holes in cockpit
- Fixed Beaufighter cockpit throttle section
- TBD gunner no longer grows an extra head when first one is lost
- G.50 compass shows more correct numbers
- Glitch with Ar 234 external gunsight from in cockpit view fixed
- Cowl flaps on TB-7 are now animated correctly
- Bf 110G-2 wing roots no longer invisible from cockpit
- Fixed wrong night gauge textures in Re.2000 and G.50
- Removed jet flame engine damage graphics for piston engines
- Seafire radiator now animated
- Fix in Ar 234 cockpit
- Hs 129 pitch control lamps swapped
- Fixes of Il-4 cockpit texture
- Fixes in plane and loadout names in Russian localisation
- Stationary planes somewhat less resistant to explosions
- Changes in FM of Pe-8 and TB-7
- Changes Pe-8 and TB-7 turret ammo count
- Active water injection no longer increases engine temperature
- Jet oil temperature is calculated differently
- Tuning of overheat parameters for a number of planes
- Changes to German electric fuze parameters
- Changed test runway spawning method to that of carriers
- Dead pilot's head does no longer move
- Spin shooting algorithm refined
- Changes to F4U and F6F FM for more correct take off behaviour
- Sunset and night lighting changes
- Removed some fuel consumption rates
- Changed canopy of Fw 190A-8 Mistel external model to match cockpit model
- Fixed clipping issues with Ki-27 & Ki-43-I tube sights
- Fixed Avia B-534 gunsight when seat is raised
- Small 6DoF related fixes in F6F-3, P-38, Ki-61 & Bf-109E cockpits
- Showing test runway map icons when realistic navigation is on
- Added generic spawn plane as stationary plane
- Changed AI so that last plane in formation performs maneuvers for checking blind spots
- Tweaks to AI shooting
- AI maneuvers fine tuned
- Small changes in AI defensive maneuvers selection
- Fixed all engine temperature instruments (see guide)
- Removed a crashlanded Bf109 from Bessarabia Blue Scramble QMB missions

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...

quote:

code:
- P-39 no longer has permanent fuel pressure warning light

Finally...

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Also finally: map temperatures.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

And here I was thinking I'd get back into the game with 4.10. Too many games on top of school work. :( At least I'm currently occupied with ~real space combat simulator~

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...
Anyone heard anything about this?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/

Given CloD's teething process, I was thinking of giving this game a shot for an updated graphics option. I literally just heard about it today.

MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003
Heard and purchased, yes. If you're looking for a substitute WWII sim, this isn't it, since the only WWII-era asset is the P-51 itself. However, if you want a new challenge with a high-fidelity aircraft that is light years ahead of the 1946 P-51, it's a pretty great buy. A novelty perhaps, but a fun novelty nonetheless.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I can take off and land without any aides in other flight sims. But holy hell, some of these rinky dink fighters are ungodly difficult to take off. Especially the I-16 with the ridiculous hand cranked manual landing gear system and twitchy controls.

Fun game, though.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
One of my first experiences in IL2 was a US fighter over wake with manual gear. I didn't know it was manual gear and was really, really unimpressed with the things speed. Then I figured that out and it really didn't go a whole lot faster with the gear up either... F2 if I remember correctly.

MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003
That would be the Wildcat (F4F). For all its shortcomings, the Buffalo at least had hydraulic gear.

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...

LordPants posted:

I can take off and land without any aides in other flight sims. But holy hell, some of these rinky dink fighters are ungodly difficult to take off. Especially the I-16 with the ridiculous hand cranked manual landing gear system and twitchy controls.

Fun game, though.

The I-16 should be called the widowmaker. Worst snap-stall characteristics ever.

Mobius1B7R
Jan 27, 2008

We're playing right now if anyone hasn't gotten a chance to try! Make sure you have the newest patch 4.11.1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

drat, this game is great! A bit tedious to setup though.

• Locked thread