Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003
I got out of a pretty rough intentional spin in a Hurricane the other day just fine. Did you follow all of the PARE steps, or just the ones you mentioned: Power idle, Ailerons neutral, Rudder opposite spin, Elevator down. Of course, the Hurricane is pretty solid, so you probably shouldn't be spinning it in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003
You can put multiple people in the same plane in Co-ops. I've participated in numerous group formation bombing missions in B-25s (among other things) over the years, so it's definitely possible. With enough practice and organization, you can get something that looks like this:

Yes, all of those planes are human flown. Turrets are AI only here though as the mission was run as a dogfight. Here's something else I've done:

MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003

Node posted:

I wish there was an easy way to practice dive bombing, but I can't find anything that lets me practice dive bombing immediately, that skips the takeoff and long flight to the target.
Try a quick mission with the target set to armor and your altitude set as needed. You may need to experiment with the different quick mission maps to see which you like best.

MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003

dayman posted:

One-in-a-million shot.
In my experience, it's actually not all that rare. At least, not from lower drop altitudes like right down on the deck.

MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003
I suppose I didn't see that, or at least mentally process it for what it was. I thought you were just talking about hitting without skipping. I believe I once got a 2-for-1 skip bombing pass like that in a Mosquito though.

MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003
Heard and purchased, yes. If you're looking for a substitute WWII sim, this isn't it, since the only WWII-era asset is the P-51 itself. However, if you want a new challenge with a high-fidelity aircraft that is light years ahead of the 1946 P-51, it's a pretty great buy. A novelty perhaps, but a fun novelty nonetheless.

MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003
That would be the Wildcat (F4F). For all its shortcomings, the Buffalo at least had hydraulic gear.

MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003
HSFX is what I use. See here: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,191.0.html

MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003

Artless Meat posted:

Thanks. I figured it out eventually. It's probably not the right way, but I just keep tapping the right brake as I drift to the left until I get enough airflow over the rudder. It usually works.
Definitely not the right way. Using brakes on takeoff is a big no-no, particularly in a tailwheel aircraft. At least in the sim, you probably won't get punished for doing it nearly as easily as you would in a real aircraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagnumHB
Jan 19, 2003
Essentially, ED took it over, and is gradually releasing components of the project as modules, thus leading to the 109 and 190 as Shanakin mentioned. Other planes (Spitfire, P-47, and Me-262) and the Normandy map will continue to gradually roll out alongside everything else they are working on (EDGE, Nevada, L-39, F/A-18C, etc.).

• Locked thread