Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

damnit Matt get in the boat

pixelbaron posted:

The Steam group is nice to get the word out to whoever is around, but yeah, most of the pick-up games and random co-ops take place in the IRC. I try to make an announcement on the Steam group when I put something up, but I think I am usually around too early for anyone else to join up.

Anyone manage to get freetrack working with 4.11? Can't seem to get it working come hell or high water, and it feels like I have blinders on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

Hav posted:

I'm having some small success with facetracknoir on Wings of Prey, but I'm hoping to get it up on 4.11 soon-ish. I know you're looking at freetrack, but there is an alternative. ;)
no, there isn't. My camera and rig underperform for face track. I'll have to spend a fair bit to get it up to speed. At that point buying a TIR5 makes way more sense.

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

Yeoman posted:

I manage to take off and occasionally land without dying. Can i get a steam invite http://steamcommunity.com/id/weave
I killed my pc the other week, do one of the other admins will have to add you. Look for them on irc in #il2gs

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

concise posted:

Oh no what happened dude?
dropped in a bluray drive to burn a disc for a friend, rebooted, post hung. Removed drive, cleared CMOS, checked ram, still catatonic. Black screen, no post.

All that it means is that I'll upgrade to an i5 rig in the next few weeks.

EvilJoven: that sounds sweet. Hopefully after I get through all this bs, I'll be able to join you with working head tracking.

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

Stock, and let me order a TrackIR. Call it a week or so. I'll have a narrow window- 1900-2200 E*T weekdays.

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

[quote="EvilJoven" post="407722483"]
Bumping this because summer is over and I've brushed the dust off my joystick, over and over and over. The spring attempt to revive the goon IL-2 group were a colossal failure due to low numbers but fall is coming, IL-2 Cliffs of Dover is still a miserable failure so it's back to IL-2 1946!

4.11.1 is out, which fixed a few bugs in the awesome 4.11 patch.

Since Joven didn't put in the link, here it is.
4.11.1 patch here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31446
I'm also tossing the link in the steam group.

Joven, do you want to post details of how to get onto Skies of Valour?

Snapshot fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 6, 2012

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

Blistex posted:

If I can figure out how to make freetrack work with windows 7 I'll be online with you guys. Until then I'm going to pretend that IL-2 and CLOD do not exist.

I had no issues with it either, I assume you're running as admin?

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

Mobius1B7R posted:

Think it would be easier to set up if you asked in #flightsim. I don't think anyone pays any attention to this thread anymore. :(

Whatever you guys decide, chuck it up in here. I'm not on irc very much any more, and if I'm free, I'll fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

Ralith posted:

Massively. I have no idea what Vahakyla's smoking.

Are spotting issues resolved? Attacks from below were annoying.

• Locked thread