Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

graboid posted:

I've been catching up with this thread, and I'm glad, because I've now watched those "Thanks" music videos dozens of times, and I laugh like an idiot every single time.

What's this? I'm not putting the right stuff into google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graboid
Dec 16, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What's this? I'm not putting the right stuff into google.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ARK2cm-M4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WOb2O3aJMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moEunC7T7b4

There's some others too, they're all pretty amazing.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Neo Rasa posted:

The initial setting of a basically a haunted spaceship graveyard is great but they totally blow it. The graphics are weirdly worse than Dead Space 2 somehow too. I don't know if it's something with how they chose to do the lighting in it or what but I tried them one after the other to make sure when I noticed it. Is it that the framerate isn't quite as smooth?

The writing really is like beyond awful though. DS1 and 2 worked great because it was to the point and everything directly served the atmosphere so well. Still it does scratch the itch, I'd be real disappointed if I had spent $59.99 on it.

The graphics are probably worse because Revelations was originally a 3DS game.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Geight posted:

The graphics are probably worse because Revelations was originally a 3DS game.

Revelations took place in a spaceship graveyard? poo poo, I must not have been paying attention at all.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Son Ryo posted:

Revelations took place in a spaceship graveyard? poo poo, I must not have been paying attention at all.

For some reason I completely missed the SPACE portion of that post and thought somebody was just comparing Revelations to Dead Space. :downs:

Instead of reflecting on how stupid I am I'm going to post about having all the EX3 costumes and show off how weird Chris' neck looks when he does this attack.

Geight fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 13, 2014

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Geight posted:

For some reason I completely missed the SPACE portion of that post and thought somebody was just comparing Revelations to Dead Space. :downs:

Instead of reflecting on how stupid I am I'm going to post about having all the EX3 costumes and show off how weird Chris' neck looks when he does this attack.

Personally I like how his hands don't clench so he's basically doing this to everyone in his own special way.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

"In his own special way" is a good way to describe how Chris does anything, really.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So this could be something or nothing at all, but apparently some big Russian online shopping site briefly had a listing for Resident Evil Revelations 2 then took it down when people noticed. Listed for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and 360.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Naturally we'd have to wait 3-6 months for the PC port, regardless of what Capcom game it is. :v:

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So if capcom decided to farm out development to a western developer for the next main entry, who would you want it to be?

Remember when Cliff Blezenski tweeted out that he was willing to help capcom fix RE? I would really have liked to see what he came up with.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Of course Cliff would love Resident Evil. He loves any game where the main guy has arms like tree trunks. If only Chris Redfield had a soul patch too...

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
We already had one western developer gently caress up Resident Evil, do we really want a second ORC?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

So if capcom decided to farm out development to a western developer for the next main entry, who would you want it to be?

Obsidian. Yes, I do want Resident Evil: Alpha Protocol Edition.

Failing that, give me a BSAA game by Flying Wild Hog. Then you have Resident Evil: Painkiller Edition, where you get the really cool toys and have to blow apart an outbreak site full of mutants and zombies.

Failing that, I wouldn't mind seeing Capcom Vancouver/Blue Castle's take.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'd actually be interested in seeing how Capcom Vancouver could handle a real Resident Evil game, but then I remember Capcom's nearly broke and they probably want to hand off their stuff to other companies right now.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Policenaut posted:

but then I remember Capcom's nearly broke and they probably want to hand off their stuff to other companies right now.

They're doing fine, they're opening two new studios, and they specifically want to do more in-house development.

The "Capcom's nearly broke" thing was a rumor started by salty fans and I have to debunk it every single loving time it pops up on here. Their financial reports indicate it isn't as profitable as its stockholders would like it to be but Capcom is still a profitable company.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Elliotw2 posted:

We already had one western developer gently caress up Resident Evil, do we really want a second ORC?

Yes? Is that a trick question?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Atlus should make one.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Elliotw2 posted:

Except ORC wasn't really all that bad. It wasn't amazing or anything, but it was a fun time.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

ORC was a fun time because it was incredibly conservative in its design and ambition, and didn't do anything to differentiate itself from other shooters or use its RE setting to make it feel unique. It's not challenging, there's no depth to add replayability, the guns aren't particularly fun to use. It's a mindless shooter you can play with your pals.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Geight posted:

ORC was a fun time because it was incredibly conservative in its design and ambition, and didn't do anything to differentiate itself from other shooters or use its RE setting to make it feel unique. It's not challenging, there's no depth to add replayability, the guns aren't particularly fun to use. It's a mindless shooter you can play with your pals.

But only on the harder difficulties. That way you can "accidentally" shoot them instead of the zombie that grabbed them...that you threw at them.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Friendly fire fixes everything!

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
A platinum game starring Jake Muller and Chris Redfield and for some reason you only have melee attacks. I don't know, magic or something. whatever.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Full Battle Rattle posted:

A platinum game starring Jake Muller and Chris Redfield and for some reason you only have melee attacks. I don't know, magic or something. whatever.

They don't need guns, fists are always more powerful than bullets.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Firaxis. RE-COM: Enemy Unknown.

...I really want this game.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Firaxis. RE-COM: Enemy Unknown.

...I really want this game.

Sending in redshirt BSAA members to deal with biohazard threats, while Chris Redfield is training the rookies by teaching them to punch boulders would be the best thing.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Sending in redshirt BSAA members to deal with biohazard threats, while Chris Redfield is training the rookies by teaching them to punch boulders would be the best thing.

And occasionally showing up as a special character to punch enemies through cover like a MEC.

EDIT: Interrogation is just showing the enemy a live feed of Chris' boulder punching training regimen. Guaranteed to make the guy spill the beans within 30 seconds.

Damegane fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 14, 2014

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

A game like that would mean most enemies would be Cryssalid-like in nature too.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I dunno, you could probably get pretty creative with stuff like Lickers and Bandersnatches and the like, not to mention the Plagas/Majini/J'avo/EXALT-style Umbrella splinter factions.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah there is no shortage of monster types in the RE universe. I can just imagine the fear you would feel when a Tyrant or Nemesis shows up and decimates your squad.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The key thing that would be missing is the tech progression; the BSAA is pretty much conventional guns and muscles all the way. (Though I've always felt that RE could use a big monster-man on the good guys' team, though I guess pretty much all of the mutagens make you go insane and eventually die in RE.)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I don't see why the BSAA couldn't work up to Resident Evil super weapon unlocks in a tech progression tree. You start with your classics, work up with upgrades ala RE4/5/Revelaitons/etc, then maybe unlock the more bizarre stuff like the abandoned REmake laser gun and the RE5 satellite cannon.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Just so long as the rocket launcher always kills everything in one hit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

The key thing that would be missing is the tech progression; the BSAA is pretty much conventional guns and muscles all the way. (Though I've always felt that RE could use a big monster-man on the good guys' team, though I guess pretty much all of the mutagens make you go insane and eventually die in RE.)

So Pierce?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Yeah, that's one of the things they've left on the table, and I don't think it's a deliberate omission or anything. That stuff they shot Jill up with in RE5 would be the most valuable thing in Wesker's files by an immense margin: a drug that requires constant exposure, but imbues a person with superhuman levels of strength, speed, and agility while simultaneously making them unable to disobey orders. The fact that stuff is still theoretically out there is practically a plot hook by itself. The Code Veronica virus is still out in the wild as well, so as long as you don't mind waiting fifteen years, you could theoretically field your own army of intelligent, pyrokinetic mutants.

There's enough crazy tech in the games that you could populate the upper levels of a gun progression chart relatively easily. Start with pistols, rifles, and other conventional hardware, then move up to the mine launcher and the weirder specialized grenades (like the electric rounds in RE5). Go from there to the spark shot, an ampoule launcher that kills viral monsters by overdosing them on counteragents, the particle rifle from Dead Aim, and the linear launcher from CV/DSC.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

There's also the fact that Chris and Jill have been exposed to so many different viruses and bitten/stabbed/chewed/slapped by so many horrors, that their bodies may as well BE Tyrant level superhumans. Seriously, I don't think even two hands is enough to tally up the number of viruses those two have suffered secondary exposure to. If one of them died they'd probably explode into a Lovecraft-level endboss.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chris canonically has never actually been infected I think. All those bites/monster impairments/whatever are written off as "not actually happened." I think he and Claire are the only regularly reoccurring characters to avoid a virus infection though. Must be the Redfield genes.

Well, I guess Ada hasn't either.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Chris canonically has never actually been infected I think. All those bites/monster impairments/whatever are written off as "not actually happened." I think he and Claire are the only regularly reoccurring characters to avoid a virus infection though. Must be the Redfield genes.

Well, I guess Ada hasn't either.

Oh, I don't mean direct infection, more secondary. It's mentioned Jill has been exposed to the T-virus enough to alter her biology, and I'd imagine the same goes for Chris and other veterans, like Leon, Claire, and Ada. Sherry herself is superhuman from her direct and stabilized G-virus infection, though the game fails to really capitalize on it. If anything, it's a nice little explanation for why they've managed to survive so long and take on increasingly absurd threats while showing escalating levels of power and competence. They're all like lesser Wesksers from sheer exposure and years of punching horrors in the face.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Honestly, if there's a new game I half expect Jill to finally turn into an end boss creature from all the poo poo that's happened to her. But instead of going crazy and murdering people, she just shrugs and continues on like nothing is wrong.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Black August posted:

Oh, I don't mean direct infection, more secondary. It's mentioned Jill has been exposed to the T-virus enough to alter her biology, and I'd imagine the same goes for Chris and other veterans, like Leon, Claire, and Ada. Sherry herself is superhuman from her direct and stabilized G-virus infection, though the game fails to really capitalize on it. If anything, it's a nice little explanation for why they've managed to survive so long and take on increasingly absurd threats while showing escalating levels of power and competence. They're all like lesser Wesksers from sheer exposure and years of punching horrors in the face.

It manifests differently for everyone. Weaker got superspeed and yellow eyes, Chris got huge muscles and indestructible fists, Leon's infection settled in his hair and sense of humour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The GIG posted:

Honestly, if there's a new game I half expect Jill to finally turn into an end boss creature from all the poo poo that's happened to her. But instead of going crazy and murdering people, she just shrugs and continues on like nothing is wrong.

BOW May Cry? Valentinetta? Viewtiful Jill?