Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I think its the "physical attack" you do on stunned enemies that disqualifies you. Or else stealth attacks. I just did both as Barry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

poptart_fairy posted:

:stare:

Jesus Capcom. I'm reminded of those PC exclusive enemies from the first Revelations - they hoist you up and twist the character around, breaking their spine with a sickening crack. RE's violence goes over my head for the most part but the few animations that stick with me really stick.

Here it is if you haven't seen it, they don't actually explicitly show it but you can tell what happens from the, uh, shower of blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14FIIO-AybY&t=250s

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

To all the people talking about Gina's move damage thing, does the damage scale as you, the player level up, or is it only through upgrading the skill?

Also, has anyone unlocked any of the bonus weapons other than the bowgun and Chicago Typewriter? How are they? I'm especially curious about the short sword one.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

InequalityGodzilla posted:

To all the people talking about Gina's move damage thing, does the damage scale as you, the player level up, or is it only through upgrading the skill?

It's both.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Broose posted:

Also with gesticulate, your dodges apparently can do damage too.

Pair this up with Jills dash extension and you're basically M. Bison PSYCHO CRUSHER through everything.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

OxMan posted:

Pair this up with Jills dash extension and you're basically M. Bison PSYCHO CRUSHER through everything.

Are you saying this as an actual, viable attack method? Cause you are getting my hopes up.

Does anyone have experience with the rocket launcher skill? Does it have limited uses? Is it good?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Did anyone manage to hit Alex's "heart" during the first phase of the boss fight? I thought I was supposed to shoot there, but could never really get a good crack at it in terms of angle/time available, so I ended up just unloading into her and she died :shobon:

Also I honestly wasn't expecting a second phase, but it was pretty cool. I got antsy early on because I thought I only had ten shots period with Claire.

Overall the storyline was fun and I liked the episodic nature, a good purchase for twenty-five bucks. I might try going through again for BP, should be easier now that I'm much more comfortable with stun/takedowns than when I first started playing.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

Did anyone manage to hit Alex's "heart" during the first phase of the boss fight? I thought I was supposed to shoot there, but could never really get a good crack at it in terms of angle/time available, so I ended up just unloading into her and she died :shobon:
The heart is easier to hit when she's poking out of the vents or rearing up, but headshots do just as much damage.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Quick question about Raid Mode, Albert Wesker is only avalable if you pay for him, right?

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Pyrolocutus posted:

I couldn't hit the drat thing either, but I had about 15 bottles stockpiled and just firebombed the poo poo out of her

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Broose posted:

Are you saying this as an actual, viable attack method? Cause you are getting my hopes up.

Does anyone have experience with the rocket launcher skill? Does it have limited uses? Is it good?

Hell almost any emote, provided you move around, is viable; you're essentially in a melee hit bubble. The only enemies you need more than that for are revenants and dhurlgas, and chainsaw dude/other Huge guys. Speaking of Chris and the rocket launcher, the golden boy skill is another good one for emote fighting.

The launcher has 2 shots at lvl 5, i assume 3 at 10. 30 second cooldown, does about as much damage as a couple of magnum bullets, but in a giant explosion aoe.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Sometimes she will stand up and walk towards you on her legs before trying to lunge at you. If you hit her a couple of times in the glowy bit she will fall on her back for like ten seconds so you can get in a couple of good hits.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Speedball posted:

Quick question about Raid Mode, Albert Wesker is only avalable if you pay for him, right?

Yeah, Wesker and Hunk are DLC.

OxMan posted:

Hell almost any emote, provided you move around, is viable; you're essentially in a melee hit bubble. The only enemies you need more than that for are revenants and dhurlgas, and chainsaw dude/other Huge guys. Speaking of Chris and the rocket launcher, the golden boy skill is another good one for emote fighting.

The launcher has 2 shots at lvl 5, i assume 3 at 10. 30 second cooldown, does about as much damage as a couple of magnum bullets, but in a giant explosion aoe.

I'll be honest, I love the idea and seeing it, but I think I'm doing the gesticulating wrong. Most of the time I get hurt rather than the enemy. Golden boy would be a good idea, but then I'd be taking up two skill slots for gimmick killing.

Broose fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 22, 2015

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Broose posted:

almost nothing survives one rocket, and the few that do have so little health left that it only takes a few shots to kill them

all the 'sub boss' style enemies placed at the end of encounters are made completely trivial with this skill as you don't even need to bother to save your ammunition if you had any issue with that

it is easily absurdly overpowered given that the most dangerous thing in raid mode is running out of bullets on bullet sponge boss enemies

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Broose posted:

Yeah, Wesker and Hunk are DLC.
and to further clarify, Wesker is not in the season pass but Hunk is

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Gotten this survival Little Miss thing down pretty good now. Its basically just patterns and timing. One more run and i can get dodge cancel for campaign.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Grey Fox posted:

and to further clarify, Wesker is not in the season pass but Hunk is

Not in the $25, but i think he is on the $ 40 season pass. He's also free if you get the gamestop disc version i think, might be preorder only.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Magnus Condomus posted:

Gotten this survival Little Miss thing down pretty good now. Its basically just patterns and timing. One more run and i can get dodge cancel for campaign.

Oooh, nice. Dodge cancel is probably REALLY handy for getting the hell out of the way of enemies when you're reloading.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Getting spotted 9 times means you still get an S? Guess that means i can stop resetting every time i get seen then.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Getting spotted 9 times means you still get an S? Guess that means i can stop resetting every time i get seen then.

I guess that's because the entire game of Little Miss is pass/fail. That said I think there's an achievement for never getting spotted.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

OxMan posted:

Not in the $25, but i think he is on the $ 40 season pass. He's also free if you get the gamestop disc version i think, might be preorder only.
Sadly there's nothing too amazing about Wesker outside of dodge cancel and that's not unique.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I got spotted 11 times and got an A so 10 is probably the cut off. I still got a S rank overall though because I got a S rank on the time.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Speedball posted:

Oooh, nice. Dodge cancel is probably REALLY handy for getting the hell out of the way of enemies when you're reloading.

Dodge cancel is baller for countdown modes. No more waiting to get up from knockdowns or waiting for reloads.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

The worst reward is what you get for buying all campaign skills, including Dodge Cancel.

1000 BP :shrug:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I imagine that Gesticulation is going to result in a lot of wacky fan-comics to come involving breakdancing zombie-killing.

...Pedro's drill is not nearly as awesome as it should be. The hitbox is way too narrow.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

When you find a collectible in an episode, can you quit the episode there and still have it saved or do you have to complete that whole part in order to keep it?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

When you find a collectible in an episode, can you quit the episode there and still have it saved or do you have to complete that whole part in order to keep it?

I think you can quit, because I remember shooting a tower emblem and dying and next time I was there it was gone.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think you at least need to hit a save spot before you quit.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

So has anyone figured out the best way to get S ranks on story missions? The only real way I've found thus far is to stock up on ammo and subweapons in advance and then basically charge through the levels ignoring as many enemies as possible, which is kind of a pain.

Also, does anyone know if the specially named versions of weapons have unlisted side effects like they did in Rev1's raid mode? Like, I in Rev1 I remember getting a special version of the shotgun called the sledgehammer that did far more damage than normal but also made you move more slowly when you had it out. Anyone know if there are effects like that? Because I just got a lvl. 97 special version of the 2005M magnum called "Mr. Train" which looks loving fantastic with around 31000 damage per shot and a pretty great RoF for a magnum, and all of that was before adding a single part. I'm just wondering if it's too good to be true and if it'll do something terrible to me if I use it.

Magnus Condomus posted:

Dodge cancel is baller for countdown modes. No more waiting to get up from knockdowns or waiting for reloads.
Wait, so dodge cancel just lets you skip out of any animation, including poo poo like getting up and reloading? That does actually sound pretty badass

Speedball posted:

...Pedro's drill is not nearly as awesome as it should be. The hitbox is way too narrow.
Meh, I'd say the hitbox seems pretty realistic. It's roughly 1.5x Pedro's body width, or at least it seems that way. My bigger complaint is just how short the actual charge is. When I read the item description I was expecting it to be like his mutated version does, where he charges halfway across the map. When you ignore the fancy animation he does and the camera losing its poo poo he really only charges like 3 meters :sigh:

Still, I feel like if you level it up and make an effort to line up enemies it could turn out pretty good.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 23, 2015

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

well, the worst part about countdown mode is that it is possible to walk yourself into an unwinnable checkpoint. With no way of going back to a previous checkpoint. instead resulting in having to restart the entire episode part.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

So has anyone figured out the best way to get S ranks on story missions? The only real way I've found thus far is to stock up on ammo and subweapons in advance and then basically charge through the levels ignoring as many enemies as possible, which is kind of a pain.

S ranks are based on three factors: time, retries, and accuracy. If you get two S and one A, you'll still get an S overall. 0 retries = S, 1 retry = A. Time changes based on the individual level. I'm not sure if accuracy changes between levels or what the exact threshold is, but I know that the S requirement is somewhere in the 80s.

Out of the three, accuracy is the easiest to screw up. It's easy to go fast when you know the levels, and you'll know if you've died or not, but your accuracy is most likely going to be a mystery until the results screen. What's especially unfortunate is that if you try to play extremely conservatively and rarely use your guns, the score has a smaller pool to draw from. So even if you play like a total badass and only shoot 5 bullets, if two of them miss you're down to 60%.

To mitigate this, I advise shooting additional enemies along with the required kills – aim for center mass and don't ever use automatic weapons. Every shot you land gives you more accuracy points to give you a better chance at getting the S. Although you can get by with an A if you get an S in retries and time, which are a lot easier. As far as I can tell, melee attacks, flashlight, bricks, subweapons, and your partner shooting have no effect on your percentage.

Stocking up is a good idea like you said, but because you'll want to evade most enemies, you don't need to max yourself out. It's good to have enough to get by and to get a few extra kills, but you definitely don't need to grind to stock up.

When playing one of the Barry levels, it's great to play as Natalia because she can't get grabbed, making running past enemies way easier.

Generally every Claire chapter has a choice you can make that will make things easier for her but harder for Barry, or vice versa. You can abuse this by making the hard choice for Claire on casual, then going for your S as Barry with the easy choice saved, and then going back to the Claire level and getting the S by taking the easy choice. For example in chapter 1, don't use the flamethrower as Claire on casual, then play as Barry so you can skip the control room, then play Claire again and use the flamethrower, etc.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

S ranks are based on three factors: time, retries, and accuracy. If you get two S and one A, you'll still get an S overall. 0 retries = S, 1 retry = A. Time changes based on the individual level. I'm not sure if accuracy changes between levels or what the exact threshold is, but I know that the S requirement is somewhere in the 80s.
Umm, you sure about this bit? Because my memory's not great but I'm almost certain my recurring problem has been getting 2 S ranks and an A, and then having the game mark that as an A rank overall.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Umm, you sure about this bit? Because my memory's not great but I'm almost certain my recurring problem has been getting 2 S ranks and an A, and then having the game mark that as an A rank overall.

Yeah I'm sure, I've definitely done it before.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yep, it rounds up. I've been going back to S rank everything and I tend to get an A in accuracy whenever there's glasps around.

Also, have plenty of magnum ammo for any big dudes that you can't get around and the smoke bottles are great for taking guys out quick.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
So did anyone else not use Barry's magnum much at all? Because I am the gooniest goon I actually audibly said "I have THIS" when I decided to bust it out against his chapter 3 boss (seriously, gently caress that jerk) and it was satisfying as hell, but I seldom had a need to use it otherwise. It was enough to know it was there, to me. Of course, it made the final boss immensely satisfying when I had enough ammo hoarded for it to pretty much exclusively use it there. :getin:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So what jerk thought it was a good idea to make every gauntlet on the Code Red difficulty level 90? Cause I thought I'd be able to steam roll my way through it with Hunk...and then I get half way through gauntlet 2 and I hit level 90. So now I have to level up my next closest character 20+ levels and even then, that character will maybe be able to finish another gauntlet and half. I guess I don't need the completion medals to unlock the omega code red level?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The "Routes of Future Past" achievement bug on Steam has been fixed. If you should have received it and haven't, just restart Barry's episode 4. I also just noticed that I for some reason configured the game to use a lower resolution than my monitor is capable of. 42 hours played and I just thought the game was REALLY ugly. :doh:

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Mar 24, 2015

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

Niggurath posted:

So what jerk thought it was a good idea to make every gauntlet on the Code Red difficulty level 90? Cause I thought I'd be able to steam roll my way through it with Hunk...and then I get half way through gauntlet 2 and I hit level 90. So now I have to level up my next closest character 20+ levels and even then, that character will maybe be able to finish another gauntlet and half. I guess I don't need the completion medals to unlock the omega code red level?

you know you can like, set your character's level before you enter a mission right? hunk can be level 90 forever ~if you believe~

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Bought this on a whim and never played Revelations 1. How addictive is Raid mode exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Pesmerga posted:

Bought this on a whim and never played Revelations 1. How addictive is Raid mode exactly?

Generally very, but it really depends on how much you like numbers going up.