Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is Umbrella Corps any good ? It’s in the PSN flash sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

fit em all up in there posted:

Umbrella Corps is what you get when the person who makes terrible Unity asset flips is the son of a Capcom executive.

I have no idea if that’s true but I can think of no better explanation.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

It's a cool idea that could've been good. Unfortunately, it's absolute horseshit, but also in a way that I advise you to check out for cheap because I don't know how you mess up that badly.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I got a Steam key for 70p and it's terrible.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's abso-loving-lutely terrible, but if it's on discount for the price of a bag of peanuts then go for it, just to see how terrible it is. Trust me when I say it's poo poo, but wow it's curiosity-invoking poo poo. It just gets worse as it goes on. Imagine ORC on a budget of two Kit-Kats and a can of Coke. That's UC.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
It started unavoidably crashing for me after chapter 1, so it’s a special kind of poo poo.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Been playing RE7 on PS4 and it's been doing this thing where sometimes when I run it it's really loving dark and other times it looks like what I assume is normal brightness levels compared to what I've seen on youtube. I haven't actually changed the brightness settings in-game, anyone have any idea what's going on and how to fix it? Only other game I've been playing recently is MHW and as far as I can tell the issue is not present there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds like a tv setting maybe? Mine will auto darken scenes that only have a few light sources to avoid... something? It's not burn in because it's an LCD but whatever, at least I can turn it off.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Aw yeah beat the hardest boss on Madhouse difficulty this time without using unlockable items. Rest of this run should be smooth sailing in comparison.

RE7 is definitely one of my favorites in the series. The combat is much more involved compared to REmake making even repeated playthroughs just as satisfying and challenging.

I hope they don't tone down the difficulty in Remake 2.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Sakurazuka posted:

Sounds like a tv setting maybe? Mine will auto darken scenes that only have a few light sources to avoid... something? It's not burn in because it's an LCD but whatever, at least I can turn it off.

Yeah looks like it's my tv, an old-rear end bravia with auto-dim that I can't find a way to turn off. Pretty frustrating but it's not like it makes the game unplayable so I guess it's not the worst thing. Just caught me off-guard because it hadn't been a problem before in the 9 years I've had the thing.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Vanrushal posted:

Yeah looks like it's my tv, an old-rear end bravia with auto-dim that I can't find a way to turn off. Pretty frustrating but it's not like it makes the game unplayable so I guess it's not the worst thing. Just caught me off-guard because it hadn't been a problem before in the 9 years I've had the thing.

I feel you. My laptop would do that poo poo and make dark games like horror annoying as gently caress. Luckily I finally figured out how to turn that shot off, hopefully your tv has that option somewhere

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Double post, but I just found out the european editions of RE2 are getting replica RPD keys and I'm livid and sad about how bad that shits gonna be on ebay

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

New screenshots of Claire, Birkin, Sherry and Irons

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

No more physical games for me but I actually would like to have those keys, especially if they come blank and can be cut for your own use

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Double post, but I just found out the european editions of RE2 are getting replica RPD keys and I'm livid and sad about how bad that shits gonna be on ebay

I was all excited by that collectors edition but it's £230 quid, mainly because of the 12 inch Leon statue which I don't really want. Also I want the game on PC, not consoles and generally they don't do those massive editions on PC.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

god drat the detail on birkin

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Hooooly gently caress Birkin looks incredible

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Capcom playing to win with how loving awesome this looks, god drat. Can't wait to see how they shift around things like the underground lab or encounters with Mr. X.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Neat. I think that cements it in my mind that Birkin and X are going to be mostly confined to one character, barring any "Help Leon!/Claire!" moments. The connection between Ada and X is a stronger one anyways given that Ada is presumably working quasi-against Umbrella, and X in Claire B just replaced Birkin as the slowly walking unstoppable force coming after Sherry but without any real threads between them.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Mr. X was always pretty terrible at his mission. If his target was to obtain the G Virus sample, he spends a lot of time running after the player instead of their support character who has the G Sample, culminating in the ultimate stupidity when you recall the lift to Birkins Lab and he attacks you, meanwhile Ada or Sherry are in he save room above you, defenseless and holding what he's after.

But he's got a cool hat and jacket so we give the duder a pass. :)

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
If Claire's handgun becomes a revolver i'm down with that.

Outbreak file 2 had a revolver that wasn't a magnum, btw(it was still a bit more powerful than normal handguns).

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Lol with RE2 and DMC5 releasing back to back other publishers might as well give up.

I dont think Ive been this excited in years.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

WaltherFeng posted:

Lol with RE2 and DMC5 releasing back to back other publishers might as well give up.

Really think about that now. What percentage of the gaming market do you think cares about those two titles?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Resident Evil is a pretty huge franchise, 90s nostalgia is hitting it's stride, and the game looks loving amazing. I expect pre orders alone are gonna be pretty high.

No idea about DMC though.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Convex posted:

Resident Evil is a pretty huge franchise, 90s nostalgia is hitting it's stride, and the game looks loving amazing. I expect pre orders alone are gonna be pretty high.

No idea about DMC though.

As just hope as all successful horror games influence the next decade of the genre, 'chase horror' is dead

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

codo27 posted:

Really think about that now. What percentage of the gaming market do you think cares about those two titles?

RE is huge. Even the ones with mixed reception sold like hotcakes and RE7 sold like what, 5 million copies?

DMC obviously less popular but look at MHW, a series that barely existed in west is suddenly the hottest game on Steam.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I have not been this excited for a Resident Evil game since Darkside Chronicles came out...gently caress

Do I buy a PS4, because I've always been a console player for this series...or do I break with tradition and buy it on PC since it will look just as good and I don't have to pay an extra $500 for a console

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

codo27 posted:

300%

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

WaltherFeng posted:

Same, it's gonna be a huge first 3 months. Sekiro releases soon after DMCV as well.

codo27 posted:

echoing what everyone else has said, RE is big and the nostalgia factor for RE2--a franchise favorite--being remixed in the style of megahits like RE4/5 will drive this one hard.

DMC less so but DMCV is getting fantastic press so I don't doubt it will open huge, especially because people were clamoring for a new DMC for a long time.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Looking at RE2 it makes me wonder how awesome FFVIIremake would be if Square Enix wasnt such a badly managed company.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

WaltherFeng posted:

Looking at RE2 it makes me wonder how awesome FFVIIremake would be if Square Enix wasnt such a badly managed company.

it'd probably also help if Squeenix had a better engine than what FF15 ran on for consoles, which wasn't the worst but def had some issues. Capcom's new tech that runs RE7/DMCV/RE2 is legit loving wild.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

okay, gonna have to go media blackout now on this remake of a game i've played to death a thousand times before. poo poo looks insane.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

okay, gonna have to go media blackout now on this remake of a game i've played to death a thousand times before. poo poo looks insane.

:same:

Gonna ignore any future press releases and just wait for release. Got my preorder paid for already. Gotta get through RE3, 0 and CV before then anyway.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

it'd probably also help if Squeenix had a better engine than what FF15 ran on for consoles, which wasn't the worst but def had some issues. Capcom's new tech that runs RE7/DMCV/RE2 is legit loving wild.

Unless they've changed it, apparently the VII remake is running on Unreal 4 rather than XV's engine.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Yeah it's been known for a while now that FFVIIr is running on UE4. I remember it being shown as part of a video flier for UE4 like two years ago.

FFVIIr is taking so long mostly because Square outsourced it at first for a couple of years then recently decided they didn't like what they saw and took it all in-house.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yeah it's been known for a while now that FFVIIr is running on UE4. I remember it being shown as part of a video flier for UE4 like two years ago.

FFVIIr is taking so long mostly because Square outsourced it at first for a couple of years then recently decided they didn't like what they saw and took it all in-house.

lol at outsourcing the work on a remake of the most popular game your company has ever created.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

resident evil 2 is when i really super got into the series, resident evil was great at scaring my stupid child brain but RE2 having secret characters/scenarios and being able to do ClaireA/LeonB and vice versa was just great, i played that game basically non stop for an entire summer.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

same, I had the :krad: N64 version that was created by magicians and my brother and I must have beaten it a dozen times in a single summer

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

As other people have said, how the hell did you outsource the remake of FFVII. Like what other games are Square Japan working on that take precedent over that? FFXV DLC and Kingdom Hearts III. Square always seemed like a company that made artists and creative types into high level management which seems to result in their big projects having very little focus or oversight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Playing REmake Randomiser and while I'm loving the total shuffle and ability to break me out of autopiloting my way through things, it's so far bamboozled me three times; while I got basic access to all areas of the game within 30 minutes (with the exception of the lab), two of the bosses and one location have been utter wastes of time and/or ammunition! Yawn (second fight) was guarding a Dagger, and so was Black Tiger. Great, as if I'm needing these right now. Likewise, Lisa's dumb little shithole of a cabin was also holding nothing more important than another goddamned loving Dagger.

I feel cheated. Three dead-ends with nothing to actually aid progression. Although I did at least get to "kill" Lisa really early on under the Mansion, and I don't have to use those stupid cranks ever again, which is always a good thing.

Still haven't even fought Yawn in the attic, however.

Edit:
Ha, looks like Lisa is actually dead after all. She's not lurking around deep under the Courtyard & getting in my way while I'm breaking a Flamethrower. Barry doesn't even take the elevator back up!

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 22, 2018