Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But that’s just the minimum requirement to join STARS tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

uhhh theres code in the re3r demo data that suggests a switch port lmao. just stuff like references to the nintendo eshop and "dont turn off your nintendo switch while saving". :eyepop: could be leftover reengine code? who knows anymore.

https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-3-remake-datamine-may-suggest-switch-port/

Didn't RE7/2remake come out on switch in Japan only as a streaming release?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
To join STARS they throw a piping hot mug of coffee at you. If you can dodge it, slowing time, and then save every drop, you're in.

:colbert::coffee:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ada Wong fell like 100 stories after being shot and 10 minutes later was back on her feet to toss Leon a Rocket Launcher. RE playable characters are clearly made out of much sterner stuff than a lovely old brick wall.

Also Chris Redfield got into a fist fight with a boulder 5 times his size and won.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Andrigaar posted:

To join STARS they throw a piping hot mug of coffee at you. If you can dodge it, slowing time, and then save every drop, you're in.

:colbert::coffee:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Zugzwang posted:

I’m still trying to figure out how it is that Mr. X (and presumably Nemesis too, haven’t played the demo yet) are strong enough to punch through concrete walls and twist steel, but our beloved human protagonists can somehow survive being punched in the face by them.

Wonder how many games stuck in development hell are there because they want to make things realistic without any inconsistencies and just cannot find a way to reconcile that

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Reality is overrated tbh

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It was a little funny to me hearing Jill going on about 'how am I still alive?' Well, I'd credit your quick thinking, marksmanship and tactical training far beyond the average person but it's okay to wonder.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Crowetron posted:

Any idea what the goo-head zombies do differently from regular zombos? I couldn't experiment with them because Nemmy was up in my poo poo.

One of the random load screen hints I got said it's best to aim anywhere but their heads.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

gently caress the discussion, just develop that Metal Blade you bumbling git.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Zugzwang posted:

I’m still trying to figure out how it is that Mr. X (and presumably Nemesis too, haven’t played the demo yet) are strong enough to punch through concrete walls and twist steel, but our beloved human protagonists can somehow survive being punched in the face by them.

You should watch the CGI movies sometime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjc9QIXGftI

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

gently caress the discussion, just develop that Metal Blade you bumbling git.

This is dope, I wonder if you can get the Mega Buster a la Dead Rising.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Look at that smug-rear end Dr Light. No wonder Wily wants to kill him so badly.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
lmao, seen that poster a few times but only now just clocked the names.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Caidin posted:

You should watch the CGI movies sometime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjc9QIXGftI
So Leon is a character from The Matrix. That explains a lot.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So just played the demo and I guess an important thing to remember about the dodge is that it isn't i-frames and if you dodge into an attack, whether its a zombie's grab or Nemesis' left hook, you'll just get hurt. The timing of the perfect dodge does seem pretty tight but also not strictly necessary like something out of a Platinum game. The direction may also have something to do with it? Like I managed to get perfect dodges when I stepped to the side of a zombie's grab but never if I dodged backwards. That might just be coincidence though.

I hope the demo's difficulty is normal because if that's easy then Nemesis is going to be a right fucker.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Augus posted:

Ada Wong fell like 100 stories after being shot and 10 minutes later was back on her feet to toss Leon a Rocket Launcher. RE playable characters are clearly made out of much sterner stuff than a lovely old brick wall.

Also Chris Redfield got into a fist fight with a boulder 5 times his size and won.

I remember there were fan theories about her durability in RE2 back in the day along the lines of her being a cyborg or genetically augmented in some way (I guess akin to Wesker when he returns in Code Veronica so not too far off from where the series would go). IIRC her durability in the original RE2 when you actually play as her is weirdly high or something too which contributed to it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

sigher posted:

This is dope, I wonder if you can get the Mega Buster a la Dead Rising.
The demo reveals that Bad Boxart MegaMan is a legit action figure in the RE universe.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Dawgstar posted:

It was a little funny to me hearing Jill going on about 'how am I still alive?' Well, I'd credit your quick thinking, marksmanship and tactical training far beyond the average person but it's okay to wonder.

She's very humble okay?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

But that’s just the minimum requirement to join STARS tho

Most of STARS ate absolute poo poo the first time zombies got involved though, let alone the high dollar monstrosities. Like Brad managing to juke most of the opposition until box art boi showed up actually puts him on the competent end of the team.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brad actually managed to stay ahead of Nemesis for some period of time too which is genuinely pretty impressive for a guy whose entire combat experience is 'flying away to abandon everyone.'

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Someone already modded in Julia Voth's face (the model for Jill for REmake, RE5 and I think Revelations)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVUv3aelBZ8

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Caidin posted:

Most of STARS ate absolute poo poo the first time zombies got involved though, let alone the high dollar monstrosities. Like Brad managing to juke most of the opposition until box art boi showed up actually puts him on the competent end of the team.

How many play throughs ended with the MC eating poo poo to those dogs

No amount of training prepares you for that poo poo

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

How many play throughs ended with the MC eating poo poo to those dogs

No amount of training prepares you for that poo poo

I have never been defeated by zombie dogs. :smug:

Plaga dogs don't count.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_4Nrd7jFPQ

Also has the datamining determined if the Mercenaries romp will be returning?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Zugzwang posted:

With Nemesis in particular, you could chalk it up to how he's supposed to be enjoying himself. Yes, he could just drop on Jill from six stories up and end it in a second, but he's in this for the journey, not the destination.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Nemesis is definitely in it for the thrill of the hunt. Mr X was the Terminator. Nemesis is the Predator.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Zugzwang posted:

Umbrella built this city, with subpar materials.

ImpAtom posted:

Brad actually managed to stay ahead of Nemesis for some period of time too which is genuinely pretty impressive for a guy whose entire combat experience is 'flying away to abandon everyone.'
Brad's special ability is a dodge move that increases movement speed by 200% for 10 seconds.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I love the idea that every STARS member has a special ability.

What's Rebecca's?

Berry's is obviously Sex, Guns and irresponsible parenting

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rebecca’s special ability is disappearing obv.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

So just played the demo and I guess an important thing to remember about the dodge is that it isn't i-frames and if you dodge into an attack, whether its a zombie's grab or Nemesis' left hook, you'll just get hurt. The timing of the perfect dodge does seem pretty tight but also not strictly necessary like something out of a Platinum game. The direction may also have something to do with it? Like I managed to get perfect dodges when I stepped to the side of a zombie's grab but never if I dodged backwards. That might just be coincidence though.

I hope the demo's difficulty is normal because if that's easy then Nemesis is going to be a right fucker.

Dodging backwards is the worst option unless you're dodging Nemesis' tentacle, but you can definitely dodge into attacks, it's just inconsistent sometimes. It's either bugged or some grabs have ridiculously narrow windows.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Spermando posted:

One of the random load screen hints I got said it's best to aim anywhere but their heads.

So the spikey headed zombies you want to aim for their head/ the big eye of Sauron thing. In fact after you kill one, Jill says "got to remember headshots."
And if you take them down with body shots, they tend to lie on their back to let you shoot them in the head.

Nemesis on the other hand, against all advice you don't want to shoot him in the head. It doesn't seem to do much.
His weak point is his big metal heart. You can tell as when you shoot that some purple gas comes out.
Also if you do the Perfect Dodge into an aim at it, Nemesis does a really good job most of the time of putting his hands up to block his weak point.
So he is a dick like that.

I got all 20 Bobble Heads with the guide, but RE.net was done so I don't know if it registered or not. Here's hoping.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Rebecca’s special ability is disappearing obv.

Don't forget excellent piano playing

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Convex posted:

Don't forget excellent piano playing

I figured she just shadowed Jill on her first Day and copied that from her.

I doubt Wesker let's girls join who can't play the Moonlight Sonata or Für Elise.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Isn't Rebecca supposed to be not just a medic, but so competently trained at being a medic that even if she was a prodigy she'd still be in school learning for what all she's supposed to know?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Basticle posted:

Someone already modded in Julia Voth's face (the model for Jill for REmake, RE5 and I think Revelations)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVUv3aelBZ8

love voth in re1 remake/5 but ehhh maybe its the mod needing some more work but i think i'll still with the new face. something off about it in the video. at least in the cutscenes, gameplay looks okay i guess.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 22, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Lunethex posted:

Also has the datamining determined if the Mercenaries romp will be returning?

nothing about mercs, its def not in the base game, could still be dlc later i guess but nothing in the data about it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Has anyone made a compilation video of Leon crashing vehicles and/or causing them to explode?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
https://twitter.com/MysteryGrove/status/1241572427647369216

Someone took a crystal clear video of a problem I noticed with the Shotgun in RE3. The spread is unbelievable.

I describe my use of it as feeling very weak and ... weird. It's also useless against Nemesis because of this spread issue I believe. I have no idea what's going on with it. It basically functions as some hacky 'attack the entire screen in front of the player' weapon. Even if you're point-blank, you shoot around targets and hit things in sharp degrees to the rear of the barrel. Better not use it near a barrel, is all I'm saying.

It works. The shotgun totally kills stuff. But this issue makes it feel super drat weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

decided to play some RE4 last night and maaaaaaaan either I am way out of practice or the game hasn't aged as well as I thought. Then again, I played this on the Wii for most of that time and I seem to think it was better and easier to control than it is on Steam.

Maybe I need to switch to a controller when playing on the computer