Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So it turns out Resident Evil Outbreak is playable in 2020 (found a youtube tutorial). Been tryin to play through with my buddy and his buddy and its really hard. We were stumbling through the first level on normal for hours, and then accidentally ran it on Very Hard (because thats what it defaults to if you dont manually change it). Somehow THATS the run we beat the level with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

What's there to improve on for RE4? A big part of the appeal of the RE2 and RE3 remakes besides the graphics buff is there's no more tank controls and fixed cameras. Code Veronica would make so much more sense.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Leon still drives like a tank in 4, the QTEs suck poo poo, the graphics could use some TLC, Leon refuses to pork Chris's sister.

There's a good amount to touch up and improve.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'd also like to see a wider variety of spanish curses hurled at me, I think it gets repetitive after only a short time

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

lurker2006 posted:

RE4 still has tank controls, but the consistent ots camera angle removes the relativity issues people struggled with.

I suppose. But not having to deal with shifting camera angles and actually being able to see what I'm aiming at go a long way for me towards having more fun. I never considered RE4's control scheme "tank controls", at least in the way I think of them.

I used to speed run the poo poo out of the OG RE1, RE2, RE3 and CV and never had issues with the cameras but when I tried to go back to the fixed angles decades later I just couldn't deal with it for some reason and wondered how I ever played that way in the first place.

I stand by my opinion that a remake of 4 is a waste of time unless they totally change the layout or something and basically make a whole new game or something.

And speaking of RE4, I was wishing I had a sniper rifle in RE3 remake when I was up on top of the fire engine and also a few other times where it would have come in handy. I keep forgetting/wasting the placement of the red barrels too and kicking myself in the rear end for not being more strategic with them.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So it turns out Resident Evil Outbreak is playable in 2020 (found a youtube tutorial). Been tryin to play through with my buddy and his buddy and its really hard. We were stumbling through the first level on normal for hours, and then accidentally ran it on Very Hard (because thats what it defaults to if you dont manually change it). Somehow THATS the run we beat the level with.

yeah its easily the most difficult game in the series, by miles.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Leon refuses to pork Chris's sister.
Claire isn't in Resident Evil 4.

I basically agree with the rest, though. They're tiny things, but it's really all I actually want changed about the game. I like everything else.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vikar Jerome posted:

theres a legit leaker on twitter/reset era, been getting poo poo right since re7, hes careful about what he says. he knows tons about all the canned re projects, stuff like how the re6 dlc about claire and terrasave outside tall oaks got canned and mixed with the barry burton westernized last of us survival game they had to make rev2. how the original re7 was leon and sherry in a Venice like setting with water monsters and water weapons. i post his poo poo in here all the time. one of the things he learnt and started leaking early last year was about open the first part of re3 was, talked about the change from tram to subway and other stuff. the joint dev time of re2/3 remakes and how re2 was hitting trouble spots but re3 was smooth sailing. he had a picture of jill on the subway train early last year. hes not been wrong really but when he was told early re3 was open, it was true when he was told that but things in dev change all the time and its clear they streamlined it (or they misunderstood how open it would be, compared to later linear half, i personally think its just that) and the whole rev3/re8 stuff next year and konami/kojima/japanstudio silent hill hes been teasing for a long rear end time.

i keep checking his twitter for any re4 news but it sounds like hes getting too popular with the leaks and just getting barrage of questions about re3 dlc or angry whining from people misunderstanding poo poo from pant shitters. i can see the leaks drying up real soon.

Did Capcom mention these other RE projects at some point? Sounds like a lot of this is made up bullshit save for the stuff about RE3.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I’d honestly rather see RE1 Remake 2
:guillotine:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

sigher posted:

Did Capcom mention these other RE projects at some point? Sounds like a lot of this is made up bullshit save for the stuff about RE3.

yeah. its not made up, its all out there dude and has been since 1998. you could make a book out of it and what do you know, cvxfreak has got a book coming out/already out about this poo poo too, sourced. devs and ex-devs talk about poo poo all time and some current capcom devs clearly enjoy leaking poo poo. go read down dusk's twitter if your interested, he had a massive thread early last year about all the different prototypes of the various RE games over the years that he knew about and it isnt just "re0 was an addon for re1 in 1996" type of stuff either (they were working on an addon disc before they did the directors cut and the only concept art they had looked similar to the basement of the training mansion, so thats where that comes from if you've heard of it) and after re5 they stopped announcing stuff too early so you never get to actually see all the early prototypes anymore like 1.5 and 3.5 but it doesnt mean they still dont do it and they always keep going back to old ideas and reworking them into the newer games that do come out. this poo poo with rev3 turning into re8 isnt even the first time they did that. the original re3 was once a spin off that ended at the clock tower about a random raccoon city civvie that was just called resident evil last escape. the re7 leon and sherry stuff never made it past concept art that started straight after re6 had finished but got canned after the reception, but the concept art is out there because i've seen it.

did you know, re7 had a section right after you break out of the chair at dinner table at the start where you head outside to the front yard and into a cornfield where you got chased by jacks dog that got cut and you saw the early signs of the boat? got cut cos it wasnt working. lucas's torture puzzle room was the re7 test room and the earliest room they built, which is why they have that family photo with the dog in it.

you can choose not to believe any of it, thats your choice, i usually shrug this poo poo off but i've been following the guy for awhile and the continuing mounting evidence and highly stacked correct accurate info getting leaked by this dude is too high to ignore, even if he does burn himself sometimes with people misunderstanding stuff like the fixed camera option for re2r that still has mention of it in the code, or that PT dev working on end of zoe making people think it was gonna be full on PT despite the dude leaving for nintendo half way through and the re8 guy finishing it off.

anyway, the m-two re4 stuff is probably true lmao. oh well.

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1249451902636449794

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-capcom-is-working-on-a-resident-evil-4-remake.183405/page-37#post-31157283

quote:

I think everyone suspected this, but yeah this is true.

There is a number of people who worked on RE2 Remake and DMC5 working on the game as well, they have a bigger team than the previous remakes overall.

I know some are going to judge from how RE3 turned out, but the situation is a bit more than it may appear on the surface than 1:1. I'll break it down more later but I'm just waking up.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 12, 2020

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I’d honestly rather see RE1 Remake 2 before RE4. A remake of 4 would no doubt be very good but there are others that would benefit more.

I have said before that CV could really do with one but they’d have to change so much about it they might as well just make an entirely new game. At least with RE1R2 we would have the full original trilogy.

I've always wanted to play the original game with an over the shoulder camera so I can get behind this idea.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
it would be funny if you start up the re4 remake and you're claire running through the paris lab facility.

then re5 remake is leon in spain

and the re6 remake is chris boulder punching wesker.

and then capcom are dead to me for removing greatness from canon just because a few people couldn't handle its prowess.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

speaking of cancelled games, wasnt there a cancelled spin-off game called like biohazard DASH or something set in the aftermath of re1 where you ran through a partially destroyed and spider filled mansion? i remember hearing about it when i used to frequent re-centric forums and especially ones focused on 1.5 alot

iirc it was supposed to be for the sega saturn

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

0 rows returned posted:

speaking of cancelled games, wasnt there a cancelled spin-off game called like biohazard DASH or something set in the aftermath of re1 where you ran through a partially destroyed and spider filled mansion? i remember hearing about it when i used to frequent re-centric forums and especially ones focused on 1.5 alot

One of the editors on the Fandom wiki page has a long reddit post about it if you Google, but basically, somebody misunderstood something from a Japanese Saturn magazine.

A few years of Internet telephone later, aided by the weird conspiracy-theorist vibe that runs through RE's online community to this day, and it turned into a lost sequel from 1997. Apparently the return to a wrecked mansion was an early concept for RE2 that ended up being abandoned.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vikar Jerome posted:

you can choose not to believe any of it, thats your choice,

I ask because some of the ideas that you originally posted about are complete garbage and shouldn't have even been given a second thought, but then again, Capcom made RE6 so I shouldn't be surprised when Capcom has bad ideas.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

sigher posted:

I ask because some of the ideas that you originally posted about are complete garbage and shouldn't have even been given a second thought, but then again, Capcom made RE6 so I shouldn't be surprised when Capcom has bad ideas.

which ones, the leon and sherry water guns on water enemies? yeah but keep in mind they thought they had a homerun with re6 and it was gonna play exactly like it too from what i understand lol. a lot of the ideas usual do sound terrible on paper or end up not working well or running into tech issues. like the 3.5 stuff was cos the gamecube couldnt keep two different castles in memory for the hallucinations to work, along with mikami just getting sick of the re formula. they also have differenet people and teams working this stuff, its never really the exact same people. kamiya's re4 was just him making up weird bullshit like tony and virgil redgrave, superhuman g-virus twins of spencer to explain this stylish action gameplay he wanted to see.

i think capcom just like trying different things and not stagnating with the same exact gameplay, everything is always an evolution or a complete change up.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 13, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Wanderer posted:

One of the editors on the Fandom wiki page has a long reddit post about it if you Google, but basically, somebody misunderstood something from a Japanese Saturn magazine.

A few years of Internet telephone later, aided by the weird conspiracy-theorist vibe that runs through RE's online community to this day, and it turned into a lost sequel from 1997. Apparently the return to a wrecked mansion was an early concept for RE2 that ended up being abandoned.

i've heard about the wrecked mansion stuff. did they end up using that in umbrella corp too? i know the wrecked rpd (somehow) and re4 village is in it

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Is this the Re3 Remake thread? I can't see anyone actually discussing the game... anyway I was wondering about a couple things:

- I put the settings on 3440x1440, pretty much ultra everything but left rendering quality at 100%, and I set the textures to the highest setting. It says it is using 12.34 out of my available 7.82gb of VRAM... except it's running perfectly fine? I'm getting the full 120fps of my monitor indoors, and 90fps outdoors at the storefront. Aren't things supposed to be a lot more dire if I'm using more than 4GB over my card?

- For perfect dodges, is it possible to push the stick towards the zombie to roll past them (like if they're blocking a tight corridor) or do I have to do something else to weasel by?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

i've heard about the wrecked mansion stuff. did they end up using that in umbrella corp too? i know the wrecked rpd (somehow) and re4 village is in it

IIRC, every location in UC is either meant to be a flashback (i.e. the unnamed main character visits it just before or after the events of the relevant game) or is identified in mission briefings as a replica built by Blue Umbrella for training purposes.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

playing like dark souls and snapfiring weak spots after batting dodges was the way i finally beat nightmare final nemesis

i did the entire run with the lightning gun trying to get files and realised you could basically parry with it when i fought the first scorpion head

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
OK I managed to do the front roll twice now to get past zombies that were blocking my path. This guy makes it look easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NTKvV5Fz_M

That's kinda crazy that on hardcore as long as my timing is perfect I never have to like, use any items.

edit: Is it better to break open item boxes with a single bullet or with a knife slash? I remember in RE2 remake hitting anything with a knife would remove a good chunk of it's durability.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 13, 2020

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Your knife doesn't have durability.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Mulva posted:

Your knife doesn't have durability.

Whoa that's crazy... I guess people must be doing no-ammo runs then.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

there's way too much handgun ammo and powder in the game but if it's your first run i'd still play conservative and save a lot

the last boss can be cleared with a handgun and the room is covered in ammo but it's still wise to have powerful ammo for the mid bosses

everything after the first clear is fun mode, just be sure to shop an infinite ammo weapon with all the points you got

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Cash Monet posted:

What's there to improve on for RE4? A big part of the appeal of the RE2 and RE3 remakes besides the graphics buff is there's no more tank controls and fixed cameras. Code Veronica would make so much more sense.

It'd be pretty redundant but not 100%. I replayed it on PC last year and the controls in re4 are really weird by modern standards because you can only look forwards or do these really awkward 30 degree glances. i love it but its like a forklift simulator with a gun. if they just gave you control over the camera like in a modern game the feel would change and theyd have to redesign huge parts of the game probably

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

It would be too easy with modern controls.
Other things you could have more animations, behaviours and abilities for the enemies, more gore effects, maybe redesign some of the dull bits?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
RE4 could add mode where you play as the merchant and gotta haul rear end from location to location before Leon gets there.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vikar Jerome posted:

which ones, the leon and sherry water guns on water enemies? yeah but keep in mind they thought they had a homerun with re6 and it was gonna play exactly like it too from what i understand lol. a lot of the ideas usual do sound terrible on paper or end up not working well or running into tech issues. like the 3.5 stuff was cos the gamecube couldnt keep two different castles in memory for the hallucinations to work, along with mikami just getting sick of the re formula. they also have differenet people and teams working this stuff, its never really the exact same people. kamiya's re4 was just him making up weird bullshit like tony and virgil redgrave, superhuman g-virus twins of spencer to explain this stylish action gameplay he wanted to see.

i think capcom just like trying different things and not stagnating with the same exact gameplay, everything is always an evolution or a complete change up.

Yeah, the Leon/Sherry Water idea is mad loving goofy.

I respect Capcom for trying new things, they knocked it out of the park with MHW and the RE2 remake, with that said I'm still upset we didn't get the Hookman 3.5 or whatever it was I really love the brief glimpses we got of that and the supernatural thing it was going for. I really wish Capcom would finish and release that game, be it RE or just a new IP.

I'm finishing up the remaining achievements in RE3 and all I have is the S Rank achievements for Nightmare and Inferno, are the Recovery/Defense Coins worth holding onto in those modes? I just unlocked them so I have no clue how fast they work but I want to assume that they're probably pointless as all gently caress (someone said everything is basically a OHKO in Inferno, so lol). What's the best set-up for easy Nightmare and Inferno Runs, I'm thinking I'll take the Infinite AR/Assault Coins x2/Bolt Cutters/Lockpick and then just stockpiling the gently caress out of Grenades for Hunters/Gammas/Boss Fights. I feel like the MAG would also be perfect for popping the growths in the final fight and stockpiling ammo for it through the run and utilizing the Crafting Companion.

Also not being able to unlock the Railgun from the end fight as a comically large, 4 slot item to just vaporize the gently caress out of everything is dumb as all hell. Also give me back the Gatling Gun and the Western. The selection of weapons sucks in this.

Flannelette posted:

It would be too easy with modern controls.
Other things you could have more animations, behaviours and abilities for the enemies, more gore effects, maybe redesign some of the dull bits?

Having better controls would require them to redesign the enemies so they didn't slowly creep towards you like geriatrics with walkers which was dumb. The enemies were build around the dated controls so everything in the game was just slow as balls. You could still have slower (not quite RE4 slow though) enemies though, the RE2/3 remakes proved that, but the more dynamic animations make them harder to hit to balance things out.

sigher fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 13, 2020

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

Is this the Re3 Remake thread? I can't see anyone actually discussing the game... anyway I was wondering about a couple things:

- I put the settings on 3440x1440, pretty much ultra everything but left rendering quality at 100%, and I set the textures to the highest setting. It says it is using 12.34 out of my available 7.82gb of VRAM... except it's running perfectly fine? I'm getting the full 120fps of my monitor indoors, and 90fps outdoors at the storefront. Aren't things supposed to be a lot more dire if I'm using more than 4GB over my card?

- For perfect dodges, is it possible to push the stick towards the zombie to roll past them (like if they're blocking a tight corridor) or do I have to do something else to weasel by?

Re2m was one of the first games I put on my new rig, and I saw the same thing and I'm like wtf? But yes, runs butter as well on max despite the warnings.

The rumors and back stories to re development over the years is more interesting than any in game story content. Glad (?)I only had sparse internet access at school when I was totally re obsessed late 90s. I wonder what was the first forum I ever posted on? Nvm I don't wanna know

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'd also like to see a wider variety of spanish curses hurled at me, I think it gets repetitive after only a short time
It's time to incorporate Swear TechTM in all RE titles, not just RE2.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The Red-9 is also inferior to the Blacktail in everway. Why do you need to the stupid stock to make it worthwhile when you can just machinegun fools down with nothing but 35 bullets in the mag and lots of kicking and suplexing :colbert:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I’m doing my first inferno run and I’ve never been so relieved to make it to the first typewriter.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

The Shame Boy posted:

The Red-9 is also inferior to the Blacktail in everway. Why do you need to the stupid stock to make it worthwhile when you can just machinegun fools down with nothing but 35 bullets in the mag and lots of kicking and suplexing :colbert:

Does more damage per bullet, which means it's more dead enemies from the same amount of ammo.

It also looks cooler.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARQUqATd07E

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

If the new canon is that Wesker is alive in that volcano, but Jill stops by every so often to shoot him in the face so he can't finish regenerating, I'm surprisingly okay with that.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
If Re3make really is that much cut to to ribbons (haven’t played it) then an Re4 remake should cut the island.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I was thinking, drat those are some good impressions and then i saw the cast list :eyepop:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 13, 2020

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

REmake: Questions for normal mode on PC. I am consulting the Evil Resource. Had a previous run that was up to the red lad in the crypt.

I know you shouldn't waste any fuel on Zombies in one-and-done rooms but what about after the mansion? What zombies never revive or despawn?

How long are other levels compared to the first mansion visit and is there any need to backtrack to them?

Why is Chris so lame? He can barely hold any items and he has no distinguishing characteristics whatsoever. People bring up that boulder incident because it's his only distinguishing moment besides his doomed bromance.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I think every zombie can turn into a Crimson Head, but it takes much longer for some and others are cleared out of the room to be replaced by hunters or because a cutscene is slated to happen.

Basically, any hallway you think you might pass through repeatedly, you might as well clear up rather than spend the ammo twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Inspector Gesicht posted:

REmake: Questions for normal mode on PC. I am consulting the Evil Resource. Had a previous run that was up to the red lad in the crypt.

I know you shouldn't waste any fuel on Zombies in one-and-done rooms but what about after the mansion? What zombies never revive or despawn?

How long are other levels compared to the first mansion visit and is there any need to backtrack to them?

Why is Chris so lame? He can barely hold any items and he has no distinguishing characteristics whatsoever. People bring up that boulder incident because it's his only distinguishing moment besides his doomed bromance.

its either difficulty or the further you get in the game, the CH turn much quicker. all zombies do this and unlike the OG ps1 re1, no zombies despawn. i did hard jill the other week it seemed like they go full ch super fast and i'd been playing og re1 for awhile and was relying on the despawns and they dont happen hahah. boy was i hosed.

you'll backtrack to the mansion alot, other areas not so much unless you missed something.

lol i hope your not playing chris for a first time run? no one plays chris in re1... the item slot was another way to make each character unique and challenging from the ps1 days and it carried over to remake.