Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I meant more bumbling around in the general area they belong to. They definitely shouldn't stalk you, just kinda amble about because they sort of have leftover habits from when they were alive, habits that these zombies stick to because they actually used to work there. A little storytelling basically, with Dog Punisher Zombie hanging out in the kennel area, a gardener zombie in the garden area, and so on, while a former guard or janitor zombie could be more mobile. Basically a way for the base game to have some variability, where you can learn that a given area has a given number of zombies, but you can't be sure exactly where they're gonna be when you show up. Sorta like the routines for Hitman NPCs, except there's even less of a point to what they're doing.
Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, that sounds a lot more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I just really like Lisa Trevor and think she's absolutely tragic and terrifying, so I just want more of her.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

So my resolve on RE3 remake is breaking down this morning after seeing it's $45 on Green Man Gaming (assuming I can work out the checkout issue I'm having).

I took a look at the mod sites to see if someone had made Pajama Mode a reality, they don't have that but they do have, uh, this

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I would like some pajama dlc

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

So my resolve on RE3 remake is breaking down this morning after seeing it's $45 on Green Man Gaming (assuming I can work out the checkout issue I'm having).

I took a look at the mod sites to see if someone had made Pajama Mode a reality, they don't have that but they do have, uh, this

At least it isn't another "turn all of the female characters into bimbo blow-up dolls" mod.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Believe me when I say that it absolutely is. The horrible mods thread is full of examples of mods that turn female player characters into horribly over-muscled abominations with foreheads that would do a Neanderthal proud, which seems to be a weirdly common fetish in the modding community. This is is totally a sex thing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Believe me when I say that it absolutely is. The horrible mods thread is full of examples of mods that turn female player characters into horribly over-muscled abominations with foreheads that would do a Neanderthal proud, which seems to be a weirdly common fetish in the modding community. This is is totally a sex thing.

Oh it absolutely is, I'm torn because it's very funny out of context but deep down I know it was meticulously crafted with one hand.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cardiovorax posted:

Being a bimbo doesn't just mean being a sexualized woman, it's a lifestyle. Jill Redfield is not a bimbo.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Being a bimbo doesn't just mean being a sexualized woman, it's a lifestyle. Jill Redfield is not a bimbo.
I'll take you by your word there. I'm not a native speaker, so that kind of thing tends to go over my head at times.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Yeah I don’t think REmake1-2 needs a persistent stalker enemy. I’d be happy if they expanded the segments where you have to avoid/escape Lisa Trevor though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I overcame my misgivings and downloaded it, and I have to say, it really makes the intro something else.

:hellyeah: you are, Jill aka Mega Meat Supreme

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

oh god im dying

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It's kind of amazing, I just wish it was an alternate game mode because I feel like the Hulk running around, like I should just be straight-up meleeing Nemesis.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It's her confused and dismayed facial expression that does it for me.

"my muscles, why they so big. my head, why it so small"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah it was a bit of a shock to look in the mirror and find out it's just Regular Jill's head on top of that thing.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The T-Virus is a bitch like that.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

What I hear you saying is; you want a big REmake Jill head growing out of her thick neck while the new Face slides down unto her chest.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

What I hear you saying is; you want a big REmake Jill head growing out of her thick neck while the new Face slides down unto her chest.

I'm not not saying that

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How the hell are you supposed to beat Nemesis v4 in Nightmare mode

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

fit em all up in there posted:

How the hell are you supposed to beat Nemesis v4 in Nightmare mode

If it's final Nemesis, dodge extremely well and hope a random acid splash doesn't hit you. If that's the pit fight, dodge extremely well and hope the tentacle whip doesn't ignore the dodge and kill you outright.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Lmao if you stun a hunter beta with a flash grenade and then use Carlos’ shoulder tackle on it he lays it the gently caress out with a straight punch. Chris would be proud.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Anonymous Robot posted:

Lmao if you stun a hunter beta with a flash grenade and then use Carlos’ shoulder tackle on it he lays it the gently caress out with a straight punch. Chris would be proud.
"You just punch them really hard..." Chris whispers to himself as Carlos regales him with the story of his adventures in Raccoon City. Chris would never be the same.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

REmake does have an optional stalker enemy and it's god awful. Shoot it once and it blows up and kills you. My one try with "One Dangerous Zombie" enabled, I was just going to take out the balcony zombie but apparently said Dangerous Zombie was offscreen, autoaim locked onto him, and that run was over.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Man, I really wish they had put the manpower and time into making RE3 better instead of making REsistance, a game absolutely nobody asked for and everyone could instantly tell it would be an imbalanced, DOA piece of garbage, which it is. When will people learn that asymmetrical multiplayer games inherently cannot be balanced?? Even the best examples of the genre are incredibly toxic, effectively solved games.

And RE3 was theoretically sooooo good, it just had no substance to it and just completely wasted Nemesis and all the cool systems you're given to play with. I can't tell you how disappointed I was to walk out to this gorgeous Clock Tower promenade and there's just nothing. Jill's whole second segment is one hallway and then a boss fight. I was completely expecting once Nemmy fell in the water that he'd jump out as Tentacle Nemesis or something and he'd chase me around a refurbished Clock Tower/City Hall/maybe the Park area and it just... never came. The game so desperately needed one more big stalking area to feel complete but it's not there :negative:

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

Yeah it's pretty clear that the clocktower was cut content rather than a planned exclusion. The pacing between Jill and Carlos just doesn't make sense there.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I have to say, the note that's basically "Hey future me, if you need this shotgun that I'm chaining up in the gun cabinet at this very moment, don't forget you'll need to cut the chain to get it out!" is pretty close to peak Resident Evil memo.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Any tips before I attempt nightmare and inferno s rank runs ? I have all of the shop stuff except the rocket launcher.

I managed to beatNemesisV4, only took me 87 tries.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well I finished it at five hours almost to the minute. I liked what was there a lot, but yeah, I'm glad I didn't pay full price just because of the length. I was generally fine with it being more action-y than the last one, it had about enough running around puzzle solving for me by the time I got through the hospital section. So, overall a good time. And I'm really happy I went with the PC version and downloaded that stupid bodybuilder mod, it made the whole thing so entertaining and as far as I'm concerned, Big Jill is the canon version since it's the only one I've seen.

:hellyeah:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Jillnold Schwarzentine makes so much more sense in that scene than standard Jill. I mean, that gun is ridiculously big.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That was the moment where it finally clicked into place, I can't imagine regular Jill in that scene.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Well, I guess that's that.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Finally managed to beat Tofu Survivor in RE2Make today. The default one was pretty tough and I just barely managed to get through. As for other four, the only one that was remotely difficult was the one with handguns. Having to strategize around keeping your lone knife all the way to the final gauntlet of enemies made for some stressful moments, trying to figure out where you can tank damage and how best to budget your healing items.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Can I at least get the option to purchase the preorder costumes like I did with RE2? No?

Okay well that sucks. I'm still going to 100% it because I'm not far off but this did not feel like the same labour of love as RE2make did.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

DeadButDelicious posted:

Can I at least get the option to purchase the preorder costumes like I did with RE2? No?

Those have been on Steam as DLC for at least a month

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Convex posted:

Those have been on Steam as DLC for at least a month

I did not notice that. I bought all the costumes for RE2 so yeah I'm a sucker.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Even without the universal praise RE2 got it seems crazy to not milk DLC out of this game the way it was already constructed to have you blow through it quickly multiple times. The structure's already there for all kinds of stuff.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

Even without the universal praise RE2 got it seems crazy to not milk DLC out of this game the way it was already constructed to have you blow through it quickly multiple times. The structure's already there for all kinds of stuff.

There is a lot of potential in the game to explore areas that were cut, or where time-lapses happened. Carlos getting to Jill at the Clock Tower, or getting Jill to the hospital, maybe some stuff with Tyrel or even Nicholai springs to mind. A section establishing how UBCS got put on blast by zombies that Mikhail and Murphy only hint at.

There's not just content cut from the original but they've also created a bunch of situations that could be interesting to explore but won't be doing anything about that which sucks.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Man, I really wish they had put the manpower and time into making RE3 better instead of making REsistance, a game absolutely nobody asked for and everyone could instantly tell it would be an imbalanced, DOA piece of garbage, which it is. When will people learn that asymmetrical multiplayer games inherently cannot be balanced?

I'm curious: did you come to this conclusion as survivors or Mastermind?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Speaking of the game design, I know almost nothing about the original but was surprised (and then not so much, in retrospect) that they reused the RCPD area pretty much wholesale. Did they do that in the original too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

there were some modifications to cut off some areas by boarding up/blockading door but it was mostly the same, albeit condensed

re3make's rpd is larger than the original since the licker hallway is completely blocked off in the original