Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
My two favorite games this generation were Bloodborne and Resident Evil 2 , so this is giving me some hot flashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Frog Act posted:

I wasn’t able to watch the reveal is the village looking more like most of the series or does it have some RE4 DNA in it

Golly I loved RE4

It did remind me of RE4 a bit, although I think it seems there may be multiple playable characters judging by the trailer? Either way I'm glad it's not an RE6 style explosion fest

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Resident Evil Village - Announcement Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FSCMls-eVQ

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
That looks fun and cool, just wish the main characters were Jill and/or Claire rather than boring horn Chris again.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
That looks fun and cool in terms of style, just wish the main characters were Jill and/or Claire rather than boring horn Chris again.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So what words have “IX” in them?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kibayasu posted:

RESIDENT EVIL:
D O M I N A T R I X

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kibayasu posted:

Resident Evil TIX

Having fallen on hard times, Ethan Winters now scalps tickets for a living but unbeknownst to him there may have giant mutant ticks ("tix") living beneath the local sports stadium. Can Ethan save the city, or will he just get "ticked off" in the process?

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Kibayasu posted:

Resident Evil sIX.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Kibayasu posted:

Resident Evil: Ixalan. The RE/Magic the Gathering crossover we never wanted.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

NonzeroCircle posted:

Resident Evil sIX.

:getin:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think it's a bit weird that we're supposed to feel really bad for Mia and Ethan considering the former was literally working for a BOW manufacturing bunch of maniacs in 7

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

NonzeroCircle posted:

Resident Evil sIX.

Armani Glasses
Feb 29, 2008

They're for reading.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think it's a bit weird that we're supposed to feel really bad for Mia and Ethan considering the former was literally working for a BOW manufacturing bunch of maniacs in 7

I won't lie, I chose to give Zoe the serum and I never looked back. It was a non-choice for me, it really was!

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Zoe knows how to make serum, not choosing her is the selfish choice also Mia sucks anyway

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RE8 looks like they said gently caress it and leaned into the P.T. / Silent Hill feel even harder and I'm here for it. It looks unlike any RE game I've ever seen but I thought that about RE7 and loved it, it's cool they can make classic remakes while doing experimental stuff at the same time.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Zoe sounded different than she did in the demo so I never trusted her. Your voice should sound the same between releases to build trust IMO.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

The game is set in a strange, snow-capped village, and has a greater focus on combat and exploration compared to Resident Evil 7, according to Capcom. Here's the official blurb:

"Taking place a few years after the events of Resident Evil 7 biohazard, in which protagonist Ethan Winters travelled to Louisiana to search for his missing wife, Mia, Resident Evil Village sees the reunited Mia and Ethan living happily together and putting their shared nightmares of the Baker's plantation house behind them.

"Finally able to move on from those horrifying events, Ethan's world suddenly comes crashing down once again when Chris Redfield, an unexpected yet familiar face makes an appearance, setting off a chain of events that sees a distraught Ethan seeking answers to Chris' shocking actions... and ultimately finding him in a mysterious village.

"Unlike the cramped corridors of the Baker mansion in Resident Evil 7, the fear of dark corners has been replaced with the anxiety of the unknown as Ethan searches for answers within decrepit buildings among snow-covered trees.

"The return of a first-person perspective will bring a visceral edge to combat, as well. Each encounter is a personal fight for survival against terrifying foes, forcing you to keep a watchful eye on the environment and constantly looking for resources and enemies in unknown territory. With a greater focus on combat and exploration compared to Resident Evil 7, the village itself is just as important a character as any other, a location with a life of its own that will frequently keep you on edge as you discover its secrets."
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-11-resident-evil-8-announced

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I haven't played like Outlast II but everyone tells me it's a piece of poo poo. You're up against crazy rednecks and your character opts not to defend himself? Also an irrelevant flashback with a pedophile priest eats up a third of the runtime.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Ethan can just dump rubbing alcohol on his wife and child and they'll be fine.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Spacebump posted:

Frame rate in the RE8 video chugged way harder than I'd expect for a hype event.

It's still just a console, and still amd powered isn't it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is that Mia Chris is blasting in the trailer?

I guess it doesn't matter anyways she be fine in 5 minutes.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Crazy theory time: Chris murdered Mia because she's still in the mold's "Neural Network" and woke up in the village this game takes place in like the Bakers did for Eveline. Nu-Umbrella just wants to find the source

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

codo27 posted:

It's still just a console, and still amd powered isn't it

lmao

Just funny to see how things change, I come from the first couple of console generations where they were better than PCs at release and then they would slowly give ground until the PC was better - then next gen would reset it back to the console being better.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

That has to be Dominic Purcell as Chris, no?

And is this Ethan or Chris' story coming to an end?

Armani Glasses
Feb 29, 2008

They're for reading.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Crazy theory time: Chris murdered Mia because she's still in the mold's "Neural Network" and woke up in the village this game takes place in like the Bakers did for Eveline. Nu-Umbrella just wants to find the source

Yeah, I feel there's no way that was anything other than "I'm going to shoot Mia dramatically for this scene in the trailer, then I'll tell you how she was actually super evil and I just saved your life." or some such.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Remember that time Chris and Leon fought in RE6's trailers

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Armani Glasses posted:

Yeah, I feel there's no way that was anything other than "I'm going to shoot Mia dramatically for this scene in the trailer, then I'll tell you how she was actually super evil and I just saved your life." or some such.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3619237/resident-evil-8-leaks-suggest-occultism-flashlight-mechanic/

quote:

This next rumour ventures into SPOILER territory, so if you haven’t played RE7, steer clear. Mia and Ethan have a child. Due to the infection in Resident Evil VII, the child is deformed. They live in solitude in an attempt to hide their child. However, Chris Redfield breaks into Ethan’s house, kills the child, and ultimately Mia, too.

It looks really likely it's going to be that. They're probably under heavy surveillance from nu-Umbrella because they're still infected (note the pill sheets that pop up at one point), but by having a child and going into hiding they proved they were a liability so Chris had to come and take them out before another incident occurs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish Capcom would add gyro aiming to RE4 on Switch. I don't get why they'd only add it to 5 and 6.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Spacebump posted:

I wish Capcom would add gyro aiming to RE4 on Switch. I don't get why they'd only add it to 5 and 6.

Oh drat, I'd love that. I assume the PS4 versions of 5 & 6 don't have that, unless I somehow just completely missed it. A shame because I absolutely love that feature but I don't love 5 & 6 enough to rebuy them for it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1271207206277599236?s=20

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I spy currency in that inventory screen.

The Merchant returns!

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

You just know the last level's going to ditch the village aesthetic and take place in a boring old lab.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

VIII is a direct sequel to VII, but now Chris looks like his Boulder-Fucker self?

a lot, a looooot of people didnt like chris's re7 design and wanted his older re5/6 version back.

game looks loving insane tho. drat that shot of the castle :eyepop:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

'Lei' is the currency of Romania. So this is going to be a RE game set in rural Europe, following someone investigating a cult in a small village with an attached castle...

It's basically setting up to be RE4-2 and I'm totally okay with that :v:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

They said "a lot is being shown in [that pic of the weird fetus]" so much so that they debated putting it in the reveal trailer. Wonder whats up with that.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i wonder if the sepia flashback with the tv is (big spoilers from the leak from last week, like story stuff) barrys wife, reading natalia a story. they are gonna kill barry and his wife off arent they

seemed like in the trailer it was mia getting shot to poo poo, i cant remember from the leaks now, but i am assume she still cant die or something?

not sure what that fetus is, theres designs on it i couldnt quite tell. wonder if its connected to rev2

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

ishikabibble posted:

It's basically setting up to be RE4-2 and I'm totally okay with that :v:

This will be first person again?

I still have to actually play 7!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm occasionally given to question how places like the re4 village and this one can be remote with those giant architectural tourist traps looming over them. I would take a vacation to see somebodies ye olde indoor lava level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Caidin posted:

I'm occasionally given to question how places like the re4 village and this one can be remote with those giant architectural tourist traps looming over them. I would take a vacation to see somebodies ye olde indoor lava level.

Eh, one or two photogenic American tourists go missing and suddenly a major news source does an expose about how it's a lawless wasteland and a hotbed of human trafficking