Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

General opinion is that it's basically a preview of the Lost In Nightmares DLC for Resident Evil 5, so you can pretty much ignore it.

Wasn’t that well released by the time Revelations came out? I think it’s just a reminder that RE5 happens next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Kibayasu posted:

Wasn’t that well released by the time Revelations came out? I think it’s just a reminder that RE5 happens next.
Yeah, preview in the sense of 'a look forward,' not in the 'game trailer' sense. Sorry, bad phrasing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Kibayasu posted:

The story was just filler/backstory, it came out WAY after RE5. I think Capcom was just using is as a New 3DS tech demo of some kind, it sucked on the New 3DS but was fine on regular consoles that had normal controllers.

Shadski
Jun 1, 2011
I've just started re remake on the switch and I'm super impressed by the atmosphere, just wondering how many save ribbons you get on a normal play through?

I tend to pick up and play in short bursts and my wife uses the switch as well so resuming isn't much of an option. Just don't want to burn through my ribbons early!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Twenty-five-ish or so, if they didn't change that. They come in batches of three, at least on normal.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I think there's way more than 25 on Normal, I remember saving nearly that many times and having plenty to spare. You'll never run out of saves unless you save like, every time you kill a zombie. Don't fret it.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Policenaut posted:

https://twitter.com/ROEnetwork/status/1328746260388569089

INSIDE OF YOU ARE TWO WOLVES
ONE OF THEM WANTS TO gently caress MY SISTER

https://twitter.com/armormodechang/status/1328841850757713923?s=19

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Just A ranked Leon A in RE2 PS1, do I also need an A in Claire B to unlock the 4th Survivor scenario? I can't seem to find a consistent answer on Gamefaqs :(

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I think there's way more than 25 on Normal, I remember saving nearly that many times and having plenty to spare. You'll never run out of saves unless you save like, every time you kill a zombie. Don't fret it.
I might've missed some, but yeah, there are so many, one way or the other you'd have to be actively trying in order to run out.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm in the mood to play Resident Evil 5 but have never played it solo before. What weapons and instructions am I best giving to the ai partner?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Starsnostars posted:

I'm in the mood to play Resident Evil 5 but have never played it solo before. What weapons and instructions am I best giving to the ai partner?

You can always play it like I did with cheats giving the partner infinite health so you can actually enjoy the game! :D

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Starsnostars posted:

Give the partner a rifle because they’re basically an aimbot that will just delete enemies autonomously. This will be less effective in close quarters, and fail in scripted scenarios like gimmick boss fights, but it’s the best tactic overall.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Starsnostars posted:

Posts claiming human partner is necessary are greatly exaggerated. Thats only required to get it done on the hardest difficulty. Its really not all that hard.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

A human partner isn't necessary, but it makes the experience much more enjoyable. RE4 is still the best implementation of having an AI partner near-constantly following in the entire series, mostly by making Ashley as much of an unobtrusive hanger-on who stays out of your way as possible.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

:aaaaa:
How did I not see this before?

It gets even more hilarious when you remember Roger Craig Smith voices both Sonic and Chris (excluding RE7).

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Legends say David Vaughn turns into Roger Craig Smith under the light of a full moon

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Capcom leaks continue. And they got real big real fast.

quote:

As more information from the leaked data packages continues to trickle out, Capcom’s alleged game development plans for the next four years appear to have made their way online. The schedule includes a mix of sequels and remakes, while others are only listed under their codenames.

Here is a list of the biggest names listed in the purported schedule:
Resident Evil Outbreak - Q4 FY21
Dragon’s Dogma 2 - Q2 FY22
Street Fighter 6 - Q3 FY22
Rockman [Mega Man in North America] Match - Q3 FY22
Resident Evil 4 Remake - Q4 FY22
Monster Hunter 6 - Q2 FY23
Biohazard Apocalypse - Q3 FY23
“SSF6” - Q4 FY23
Final Fight Remake - Q2 FY24
Power Stone Remake - Q3 FY24
Ultra SF6 - Q4 FY24
Resident Evil Hank [likely, “Hunk”] - Q4 FY24

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Hank looking like a sure win.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Eagerly awaiting Resident Evil Hank.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Anonymous Robot posted:

Eagerly awaiting Resident Evil Hank.

His flamethrower is powered by propane and propane accessories.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Real talk though, I don’t know anything about the source credibility but that list reads as some real wish fulfillment. Also, the idea that three iterations of a Street Fighter entry could be plotted years in advance like that seems kind of impossible. Obviously there’s some forecasting that needs to be done but two update installments?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's people combing through countless images like this from the leak earlier trying to translate it all.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Medullah posted:

His flamethrower is powered by propane and propane accessories.

This is going to make for one of the all time great mods.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
I don't trust anything that has Dragon's Dogma 2 in it since it's the thing I want most in this world. :smith:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i sell bioweapons and bioweapon accessories. bwahh!!!!!!

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
POWERSTONE REMAKE :five:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Anonymous Robot posted:

Real talk though, I don’t know anything about the source credibility but that list reads as some real wish fulfillment. Also, the idea that three iterations of a Street Fighter entry could be plotted years in advance like that seems kind of impossible. Obviously there’s some forecasting that needs to be done but two update installments?

The list is Capcom's plan, not a definite schedule. Nothing on it should be taken as gospel, especially now that it's loose in the world.

It's probably safe to assume that at any given time behind the scenes, they've got all sorts of early prototypes, test phases, and designs going on, particularly now that they're trying to do more things in house again.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Why would anyone do drugs when they can just punch a boulder?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Apocalypse. Could it be Umbrella or whoever the gently caress is eventually going to win and we're going to have a post apoc game? So disgusting how SF6 is there and then Ultra 2 years later. I mean I knew they plan this and thats the way the industry works but, to actually see it :negative:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still weird they'd do it that way instead of just releasing character seasons like almost every other fighting game does.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

codo27 posted:

Apocalypse. Could it be Umbrella or whoever the gently caress is eventually going to win and we're going to have a post apoc game? So disgusting how SF6 is there and then Ultra 2 years later. I mean I knew they plan this and thats the way the industry works but, to actually see it :negative:
To Umbrella (if it still existed) winning means having a steady stream of wealthy customers to sell their bioweapons to and a civilized world left in which to spend that money, so that would be a bit off-brand for the series.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
A ranked Claire in RE2 PS1 and unlocked Hunk. Man the 4th Survivor doesn't gently caress around, particularly the upstairs save where it appears impossible to avoid taking damage. Also limping over the finish line and getting an E ranking is the funniest RE thing I've seen in a while, that was loving hard work dammit

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Cardiovorax posted:

To Umbrella (if it still existed) winning means having a steady stream of wealthy customers to sell their bioweapons to and a civilized world left in which to spend that money, so that would be a bit off-brand for the series.

Winning for Umbrella actually meant having a genetic caste system where the 'elite' were physically transhuman and superior to the 'weak' who would serve them because they've always been insane eugenicists. It's actually one of the neater points of RE's story, that Umbrella's BOW bullshit is all a sideshow/byproduct of a bunch of rich colonialist eugenicists trying to psuedoscience their way to an imagined transhuman feudalism using stuff they didn't understand that they dug up all over the world, because they were crazy ideologues.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Winning for Umbrella actually meant having a genetic caste system where the 'elite' were physically transhuman and superior to the 'weak' who would serve them because they've always been insane eugenicists. It's actually one of the neater points of RE's story, that Umbrella's BOW bullshit is all a sideshow/byproduct of a bunch of rich colonialist eugenicists trying to psuedoscience their way to an imagined transhuman feudalism using stuff they didn't understand that they dug up all over the world, because they were crazy ideologues.
I thought that was more Spencer's personal thing, which Wesker then adopted because Wesker is a moron.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Cardiovorax posted:

I thought that was more Spencer's personal thing, which Wesker then adopted because Wesker is a moron.

It was Spencer's thing but he's the one who picked from cabals of like-minded idiots like the Ashfords to run his company. He and a past Ashford together discovered the crazy magic king-flower in Africa. The past Ashford, being an Ashford, immediately went 'it makes superior people into ultra-kings!? Excellent, let me eat this and-' exploded from super-cancer. Oh, Ashfords.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Night10194 posted:

It was Spencer's thing but he's the one who picked from cabals of like-minded idiots like the Ashfords to run his company. He and a past Ashford together discovered the crazy magic king-flower in Africa. The past Ashford, being an Ashford, immediately went 'it makes superior people into ultra-kings!? Excellent, let me eat this and-' exploded from super-cancer. Oh, Ashfords.

Unless there's been a fairly significant retcon that I'm unaware of, that's not how it went.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
A lot of this was stuff created around the time of RE4 and onward leading to saddler finally appearing and dying after saying his piece.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
The eugenecist global domination, Saturday morning cartoon stuff is absolutely part of poo poo-tier Resident Evil and I got the impression it was swept under the carpet a bit with RE7. I'm sure it'll come back before the reboot in Resident Evil: PhoenIX or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Spacebump posted:

I just finished Resident Evil Revelations. What's up with the bit about Chris/Jill in the ending?

the start of the re5 story, the hamlet of our time.