Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I really liked the demo and thought the various campaigns will offer a good amount of variety. I'm unsure if it is really worth a $60 purchase though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

From the menu screen you can move the herbs to your pill case. Red+Green yields more pills than Green or Green+Green. The pill case is what you pull from when you hit right bumper.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

I just recently started playing RE5 on the pc. Modding it is pretty fun after playing it stock on the 360 for so long. All of the punches, all of the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WKpXUZo4Go

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Captain Walker posted:

Where does one find mods for the PC? I might buy the PC version on the steam sale and I need to be assured it won't be the same as the PS3 version if I can help it.

You can do a lot of stuff with the trainer found here: http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=13366&st=0

That forum also has other mods and character skins.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Speaking of RE5 on PC, I'm having a bunch of trouble with it, the stupid games for windows live thing refuses to recognize my gamertag even though I can log on just fine from the website, other times it just crashes on start up.

You could try downloading the latest client separately. I think that worked for me when I had issues with a gfwl game. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/LIVE/PC/DownloadClient

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Disorientated posted:

Anyone around able to give me a hand in RE5 PC? Having trouble beating Wesker with the dumb-rear end AI partner.

GT is Disoriented80

I can help you out in a little bit when I get on. Sent you a friend request.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

You early copy people need to post your impressions. :argh:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Sorry, I worded it badly. I didn't mean 'his team in RE5', I meant just Jill's alleged death, as compared to his team in RE6.

He is pretty cynical after the Jill thing, but I just meant that it kind of feels like his reaction to Jill - his partner of the last decade - and his reaction to his team should have been.. reversed? I don't know. He goes full-on hulk-out bananas over his team, as opposed to his occasional bouts of cynicism when his ex-captain who betrayed him/archnemesis of the last several years goes over a cliff with his partner and best friend.

The man is an enigma. I won't argue the paternal streak, though, that's a good point.

Since I haven't played the game yet I don't know what his reaction is, but couldn't it be the result of the compounded events of RE5/jill mixed in with some ptsd adding up to be too much for the guy?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Brad Shoemaker from Giant Bomb thinks people who like the game are out of their minds. :v: http://twitter.com/bradshoemaker/status/252788781416067073

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Wanderer posted:

The alternate costumes, incidentally, are:

Leon: Full pirate regalia complete with a stuffed raven glued to his right shoulder.
Helena: She's fully dressed, but she looks like a stripper in a cop uniform at the start of her routine.
Chris: A half-naked samurai outfit.
Piers: A car-racing one-piece covered in logos, including Capcom, Biohazard, and the Stagla gas station logo from RE2.
Jake: A big puffy-sleeved jacket and sunglasses, which makes him look kind of like he's standing in the background in a rap video.
Sherry: Her old school uniform from RE2, which doesn't fit anymore.
Ada: A white cheongsam with a white flower in her hair.

No mention of the retro costumes? http://imgur.com/a/Nw04H

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Haha, yes. The best two lines of RE5 are in the same cutscene.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Teen Hero Greg posted:

How did Chris borrow Wesker's shades? That doesn't seem like the kind of thing old Al would agree to.

I was playing with Chris in his "casual" outfit from the opening of the game. Wesker's shades have a different frame. :eng101:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Just got my copy from Amazon. What's this "expansion pack" on disc 2?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Any recommendations on what skills to buy? A lot of them are marked ??? so I don't know if I should save my points for them or not.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

GOTY.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Just finished Chris' chapter 4. Watching Ada die was some catharsis on the level of killing Kai Leng in ME3. Unless the game pulls a plot twist and it turns out she was a clone or something. :v:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

rizuhbull posted:

Well...funny story...

Oh god damnit.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Hahahahaha, sorry, fella. How often do you see Ada wearing blue?
Well she had a red scarf.

Just finished the Chris campaign. Didn't expect any :smith: poo poo in the game.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

bat duck posted:

And is there a manual for this game if you bought it on the psn? Played through 5 chapters before I found out how to do a quickshot.

There isn't even a manual in the physical copy. http://www.capcom.com/manuals/re6/

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Just finished Leon's campaign. It got me really itching to play Ada's to figure out what was going on in Chris'. I didn't find myself scrambling for ammo as much in Leon's, but Chris' had a much better story.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Does co-op mercenaries unlock the other characters/outfits? If so, would anyone mind being my sherpa while I get the hang of things?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Calaveron posted:

You wanna destroy any bioterrorist organization in the history of anything? Just put Leon behind the wheel of any vehicle and point him in the right direction. :drat:

It was pretty funny that Helena was the one piloting at the very end.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

I really liked how Ada's campaign tied all of the others together. It's unfortunate her after credits cutscene basically says Capcom didn't have any ideas for her.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

counterspin posted:

Still loving Mercenaries, but I got through the first two chapters of Jake's story and goddamn I hate how stubbornly uncommunicative the game is. It starts with the fact there's no manual, and continues throughout the game. It's like being in a lovely relationship. I know that it wants something, and I'm obviously not doing the right thing, but damned if it's going to tell me what it wants.

I know the printing on the inside of the cover looks like gibberish, and they could have made this stand out more, but it does have a link to the manual. http://www.capcom.com/manuals/re6/

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

J2DK posted:

Edit: I read a few pages back and see people complaining about the melee. The context sensitive moves are still there. Shoot someone in the head, arm, or leg, run up to them and melee to get a specialized attack that is usually a one hit Edit 2: I saw someone talking about a lack of ammo and herbs in Chris's campaign compared to Leon's. I've been playing as the second character in all the campaigns and haven't had any trouble with ammo. My RE partner did start to run dry in Chris's final fight, though. I tend to get really miserly with my ammo and go for very precise shots. I just started Chapter 2 as Sherry and I have well over 150 9mm bullets.

That was probably me. After finishing all of the campaigns and going through Chris' again, I'm gonna chalk it up to me getting used to the game and not exploring enough corners for the smashable item boxes. I do wish the game wouldn't drop ammo types that you have the infinite ammo skill equipped for. I'm too used to mashing X to pick up everything without looking at what it is. Infinite shotgun is awesome though.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

In It For The Tank posted:

I thought the partner system for Ada just meant they would let her participate in the story intersections.

She already can.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Len posted:

Did you watch the post credits scene? It's not even RE7 he comes back in.

That's not Piers.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

DyneAvenger posted:

So I played RE6 a week ago, beat Leon's campaign, but didn't think too much of the game. Didn't hate it, but just wasn't really engaged and never really tried to seek out extra content or beat the other campaigns. But something I thought about the other day bugged me and I wonder if it's actually explained in the game somewhere:

Why the hell is Helena's sister even in the game? I mean, I get that she's a plot device that is useful for the game to progress and motivation for Helena to take you through that under-the-church area. But why is she captured? Why do they experiment on her specifically? Is there a connection or background plot-point that explains why they captured a secret service agent's sister for that purpose when any schmuck off the street would probably do?

They captured both Deborah and Helena. Deborah was used to get Helena to help Simmons gain access to the president.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

DyneAvenger posted:

Do they say that during the campaign and I just wasn't paying attention? I just remember going from "why won't this idiot just tell him why she's dragging him underground?" to "oh well she's obviously looking for a family member or something" to "ok... but why was she even there?".

That at least makes more sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsK7R4Tumx8

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Did they ever explain how the pilot on the plane turned into a broodmother?

It's in the files you unlock by shooting emblems. Simmons used The Family's connections to get a lepotitsa on board that plane because he knew the reports of Leon and Helena's deaths were faked.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Hell Diver posted:

The good thing is once you beat the game whenever you start a chapter/new runthrough you have every single weapon you picked up in the course of the first play.

Is this true for all difficulties? I've started playing through as the alternate characters and have had to unlock the weapons again. If you bump up the difficulty does it make you start over?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Gamefly has ORC for $13 used. Is that a good deal for what it is, or would it be better to wait for the Steam holiday sale and take my chances?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Beat Chris' campaign. I feel like that final part of Chapter 5 was a taste of what Metal Gear Rising is gonna be like :v:

I don't want to play Jake's now, do I? I enjoyed Chris' about 100% more than Leon's. Will playing Jake's just drag that down?

If you like silly action movies you'll like Jake's campaign.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

I found out tonight that during the Chris/Jake crossover in chapter 5, you can mix up the pairs on the lifts for different conversations. Also, the boss fight as Piers with an AI Chris was way more annoying.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Azran posted:

Shame it's random, though. Haven't heard what Sherry has to say yet, though sharing a ride with Jake as Chris was funny.

There is a scene between Six Months Later, China and Six Month Reunion (Sherry). I did the campaign with Jake. I guess I should be playing with Sherry to get that one?

I've completed everything but that one slot is still empty, which is odd, since no other scene in the game is different, no matter which of the two characters are you controlling. :v:

The posturing between Piers and Jake is pretty good.

Honest Thief posted:

I was surprised to find Chris is 39 in RE6, dude doesn't look a year past 20. Which is impressive for someone with such a stressful job.

I think Chris looks closer to his age than 20. What I find crazy is that we're expected to believe Piers is 26 and Jake is 20.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

randombattle posted:

Speaking of huh what moments why do Leon and Chris act like they know each other. Were they in a game I don't remeber or something? Unless I'm forgetting something Chris was long gone when Leon went to raccoon city and after that Leon was doing special ops.

The files say Claire introduced them at some point.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Great! :doh:

I found all 3 of the memory cards, now I have to find the cabin. But I have no idea how to get to it. And it doesn't help that it's pretty hard to see where I'm going.

Did you try holding down left bumper?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

charismaslover posted:

Chris's lack of a Magnum makes going through his campaign on Professional pretty drat tedious. The grenade launcher just isn't good enough damage wise or in close quarters.

Patching in an inventory system to let you use any gun on any character and a subchapter select menu would be the best (but probably impossible) thing for them to do for the game.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Wait, that's a DLC item? For some reason I thought that was unlocked once you play through all 3 campaigns. If not, then gently caress it. I'm done after Jake's campaign.

The campaign is unlocked after the first 3, but currently it is a single player experience aside from story intersections.

edit: ^^^^:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Semiru posted:

Chris campaign ending spoiler: I really thought Piers was going to get out :smith:

It was an off screen death though. With the health regeneration he had going on during that fight I think Capcom could say he washed ashore and was scooped up by the BSAA. I think having an infected protagonist would be a breath of fresh air for the franchise.