Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Do I need to burn Hunters in REmake? I still have my trusty lighter and kerosene and I never know if it's safe to put it away.

VVV Thanks!

UltraShame fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
In Revelations 2, is there a way to swing the knife when you have a Molotov on your person? I keep going to smack a crate open and hucking firebombs.

e: you just click without aiming. SMRT.

UltraShame fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 6, 2021

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Just finished REV:2 and now I realize that Leon, Barry, and Moira are the chief heroes of the series. Bad writing my rear end, a Dramaturgical Triad if you will.

The Resident Evil games left on my list are 6, Zero, Nemesis, and Code Veronica. I don't feel like emulating, so Code Veronica, and Nemesis are off the table.

Zero has a thread reputation for being tedious, but I did play the HD REmake with "modern" controls and really liked it - despite doing quite a bit of backtracking and head scratching to figure out where the hell I was. I think I enjoyed it more as "this is the first one of its kind but without being 100% jagged pixels and sans tank controls." It was repetitive and ugly, but the game world seemed very compact and folded in on itself for the most part. I liked that it had downtime, storage boxes, and the ability to pre-plan what might come next. Zero lacks storage, and some pre-planning.

6 Has a thread reputation for being TOO OVER THE TOP and\or "stupid". That puzzles me for this game series. It's like asking "has John Woo finally gone too far?" lovely gameplay tutorials and apparently some pretty mechanically heinous campaign sections?

I'm assuming since I had fun with REV:2 that I'll like 6 if I read a guide on it beforehand. Hyperbole aside, is Zero really that bad when it comes to tedium?

REV:1 was a fun time-waster, but mechanically boring. The only one of the series that I've hated was 5. No breathing room, super self-serious. I made it maybe halfway through before I was just not having any more fun with it. I would love to say it's because I played it single player but hoo boy it would have been awful even with a partner. Just terrible imo. Tiny-rear end inventory to micromanage? Pretty racist but they plopped some white guys in there too?

I own them all from some Fanatical insane-o sale from a while ago. (RE3Make is the one I don't own and will play after 8).

UltraShame fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Apr 9, 2021

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Vakal posted:

I wonder if Ashley will still get upset in this version if you crawl on the floor to look up her skirt.

I "discovered" this during my first blind playthough, when I was trying to herd Ashley into the castle. The part where she will likely get carried off like 2-3 times and there's flaming crossbows/trebuchets whatever raining down on you. Ashley gets carried off, so I go pop the cultists and bring her toward the gate, forgetting that one of the crossbows was still manned by bad guys. Low on health and near the gate to the castle, Leon eats a huge fireball in the back of the head and bangs bodily off the ground at Ashley's feet, futilely grasping for aid that doesn't come. The screen dims to red and Ashley screams "PERVERT!"

YOU ARE DEAD.

Way to yell at the dying man, Ashley.