Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
I haven't been in the loop for this game but I'm optimistic after playing the recent demo. Has there been any information regarding the villains yet? I know the game soon but it's weird that nothing major has been revealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

My copy for ShopTo just arrived :woop:

Time to get my zombie killing on.

What's the chances of Capcom doing a Resident Evil sale on PSN next week? I'm going to play through them again but I don't want to re-buy them at the ridiculous prices on the store.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

I love the melee button now that I've gotten used to it, exploding zombie heads via roundhouse kicks with Leon never gets dull. Don't think the suplex is in the game though :smith:

Also the game is going to be pretty lengthy, I've just finished chapter 3 with Leon and it's taken around 4 hours. 5 chapters per character plus an extra campaign with Ada, and mercenaries to dick around in.

charismaslover fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 29, 2012

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

limited posted:

Granted it's mainly a early copy question, because I've seen no real mention in elsewhere, what's the weapon system like? For example is it like RE5 where you get a equipment screen and you can pick from your gear in each chapter?

Or are you stuck with the same weapons ingame and your only development is the skillpoint spending?

You find weapons throughout the stages that then become permanent in your inventory, there is also no weapon upgrading unless it's a new game+ feature. The main focus is on skill points and equipping/upgrading those.

I miss upgrading my weapons like in 4 & 5.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

So is there a difence between Archives and Anthology? I'm seeing conflicting info.

Anthology is PS3 only and has vouchers for:

Resident Evil: Directors Cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil 4 HD
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

Archives is 360 only and has vouchers for:

Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD
Resident Evil 4 HD
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Resident Evil - Degeneration (Movie)

The reason for this is mainly that the 360 doesn't have any of the classic games while PSN does.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Revitalized posted:

Is the RE5 on the PS3 version digital only? Kind of a bummer.

Sure is, which is pretty poo poo if you have a slow connection.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Revitalized posted:

Or limited space on the hard drive :(

poo poo, didn't even think of that.

For reference:

Resident Evil: Directors Cut - 321MB
Resident Evil 2 - 757MB
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - 366MB
Resident Evil 4 HD - 3.3GB
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition - 7.36GB

So 12GB of hard drive space eaten up (although you'll need around 24GB free to unpack the files once downloaded).

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Chris Chapter 3 - good god the jeep turret/driving was terrible, why would they make the controls so loose in that section :psyduck:

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Can't wait to unlock infinite ammo and waste through everything with the grenade launcher :getin:

Haven't really been feeling Chris's campaign much although he is an rear end in a top hat now which gives his cutscenes a bit more flavour.

Hope Jake is fun to play as a more melee orientated character.

Edit- Just as I say that I'm chasing Ada on the boat and walk through the showers only to find a J'avo chilling out under the shower head :lol:

charismaslover fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 2, 2012

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

The vehicle sections in all 3 campaigns are loving terrible, ugh.

I wish that they split the chapters up into smaller chunks like 1-1,1-2,1-3. As it is it'll make going back through for collectables a pain.

Edit - Jake chapter 2 mandatory stealth section :smithicide:. It was going so smoothly until the last 15 mins

charismaslover fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 3, 2012

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Anyone have any tips for how to rack up points in mercenaries? I want to rack up skill points for infinite ammo but I'm absolutely terrible :negative:

I'm absolutely shocked that Capcom didn't actually revive Wesker, not even a flashback or anything :smith:

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Thievery posted:

Have you completed campaign 4?

I really thought it was gonna be wesker coming out of the cocoon and was so upset it wasn't.

Yeah I've completed all of the campaigns, I was hoping it was him wearing the hood at the end helping the boy against the monsters. The set up was there but then the hood came off and it was Jake and disappointment ensued.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

So annoyed with myself playing mercenaries tonight, 3 times I was killed by the fat zombies because they came out of nowhere and my partners were on the other side of the map. Would be nice if you could keep the skill points that you earned without having to complete the map.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Replayed through Leon chapter 1 to get the emblems that I missed. It still took over an hour to blast through it because of all the scripted walking around and slow door opening animations.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

I really wish that they didn't make some of the serpent emblems character specific, it's pretty annoying having to replay through the chapter to get it since you always have to start at the beginning when switching characters.

Although infinite ammo Magnum is awesome :getin:

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

At first I didn't think that Professional mode was that different until I got grabbed by a zombie and half my life disappeared :stare:

Even though I have infinite Magnum and Firepower V3 zombies can just get back up unless it's a headshot and 'special' enemies take about 2 clips if I'm lucky to put down.

Any special tips that I'm overlooking to get through this difficulty? I'm assuming that doing it solo would be easier since the AI is essentially invincible.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Chris's lack of a Magnum makes going through his campaign on Professional pretty drat tedious. The grenade launcher just isn't good enough damage wise or in close quarters.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait, that's a DLC item? For some reason I thought that was unlocked once you play through all 3 campaigns. If not, then gently caress it. I'm done after Jake's campaign.

The campaign is unlocked after completing the other 3, but it is single player only. I believe they are releasing free DLC to add a 'secondary character' to the campaign to make it co-op.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Tremors posted:

I think having an infected protagonist would be a breath of fresh air for the franchise.

I remember reading about the early Resident Evil 4 builds with that exact premise and was always a little disappointed that it got scrapped in favour for the one that got released.

Good thing that RE4 was awesome regardless though.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

I really wish RE6 had kept the chapter progression from 4 and 5, instead of having massive long sections.

Also what kind of Resident Evil game doesn't even give you a rocket launcher with infinite ammo?

Oh, and while trying to load up Ada's campaign I got a nice message saying that my data had become corrupted, great :thumbsup:

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

citizenlowell posted:

Am I wrong for thinking that this is a skill upgrade you can get after you beat the game? I thought I saw it in there.

It was probably the Grenade Launcher skill that you saw, it's strange because it had kind of become a staple of the series but the only time that you even get one is at the end of Leon's campaign for one shot.

A bit disappointing, I just want the weapon upgrading system back from 4 and 5 and ditch the skill point system entirely.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Got the game a day early, started playing for 90 mins in VR........:cry:

Sure feels like the old Resident Evils where I was glad to get to a save room for a breather.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

el oso posted:

Any good recommendations for a good RE3 LP?

It may be an old screenshot LP instead of video, but The Dark Id's LP's are still great https://lparchive.org/Resident-Evil-2-and-3/

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Fantastic, was going for a hardcore S+ play through and all was going super well until I got to the Orphanage. Irons bugged out and didn't come for Sherry so there was no way to progress. I hadn't saved until that point :argh: :negative:

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

BattleHamster posted:

Interesting... did he just disappear after the cutscene where Sherry throws acid at him, or something else?

He was stuck behind the window that you can see him through in the hallway. He had his angry face but was just standing in an idle animation. The only thing I can think of is that I mashed the skip button on the acid cutscene and that hosed it up somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Some of these extra character tofu runs are loving hard as balls. Annin tofu especially for me.