Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Ein Bear posted:

The worst part of Resi 5 solo is that bit where you have to hide from Wesker for seven minutes. loving Sheva screams "I'LL HANDLE JILL!!!" and keeps running out into the open and dying - you have to literally keep mashing the 'C'MON' button the entire time to keep her from pissing off. :argh:

As a co-op game RE5 is amazing, but the single player experience is inexcusably bad.

A few possible frustrating moments does not make it "inexcusably bad". Most games have their fair share of those. I managed to enjoy it, honestly I don't quite understand the theatrics on this forum about the single player mode, I suppose I didn't play it on the hardest difficulty though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

No, I mean they are really, really good numbers. I didn't understand why he said nobody owns a 3DS.

Compared to the other consoles, relatively few have had the chance to play Revelations.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

quakster posted:

Publishers. Capcom is a publisher these days.

Who's making RE6 then?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

That loving Sned posted:

I think the idea for on-disc DLC was that so people who haven't bought the downloadable characters could still play with people who are using them, without having to download large mandatory patches every time a new character comes out, or fragmenting the user base.

Resident Evil 5's versus mode was just awful, because there was no reason for it to be blocked off in the first place, when it's already there on the disc.

It wasn't already on the disc it's just constructed from assets already on the disc.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Monster w21 Faces posted:

You can't parody something just by doing that thing. Especially in games.

Yes you can. It's called a "self-parody", intentional or not.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Is this game worth watching on YouTube? For the cutscenes and set-pieces?

And I'm starting to get the impression they're not actually going to revive Wesker.

Not only that, it's even worth playing!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, those are two different groups of people is the thing you don't seem to understand.

The concept of a consensus is that is doesn't matter who the exact people commenting are, is something you don't seem to understand. He said the general response to the game on this forum has differed over time which is a valid point.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
No, it is not that bad. It is an enjoyable game. Just play it. But learn all the moves and controls, that will help.

E: on that note, what the hell is up with the metacritic user score? 1.5 out of ten average with thousands of votes? how the hell does that happen, was there an organized vote spam or something?

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 14, 2012

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah there was a spam bomb dropped on it.

Why anyone would care enough to organize such a thing is beyond me... guess the user section of metacitic is entirely useless.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

ethanol posted:

yeah I was never on the RE4 bandwagon. no fixed camera, no tank controls, and the gameplay is aging much worse than the older RE games.

What do you mean by that? The older ones with the fixed camera seem far more dated and a chore to play these days.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Alteisen posted:

They should have revelations be like normal feeling RE games and do whatever with the main series, RE4 basically killed the franchise for me

Ironically the game that saved the franchise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Of all the contrarian, I hate a popular thing, opinions on the internet, which exist for every popular thing, people who hate RE4 despite previously liking the series baffle me the most.