Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's been forever since my building codes class, but it seems like the RPD was FRESHLY moved into the old museum (almost everything was in boxes) so they'd have X number of months to comply which could be extended indefinitely if they filed as a historical landmark.

Basically wheelchair access is only really enforced in new non-residential structures, major points of commerce (malls, grocery stores) and government buildings deemed necessary to be accessed by the public (courtrooms, DMV, Social Security, USPS, etc.) with loopholes for ancient buildings.

So a central police station, not a precinct, in a historic building, that was recently acquired, could theoretically delay compliance until the heat death of the universe.

e: kinda beaten while typing

it used to be a lot stupider - in the original RE2 the RPD was a puzzle-laden death trap because Chief Irons was a crazyfuck

question for people better at games than me - im pretty much exclusively using gunpowder to make shotgun shells, because they seem like a good panic button. how stupid am i?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Vaguely. The high grade gunpowder can also be used to make mag ammo, which is an even better panic button.

Shotgun blasts are still pretty rad tho. Bisection's fun. :getin:

yeah i figured i was kind of borrowing from peter to pay paul but otoh i have a shotgun now, and those lickers arent becoming any less of a bullet-sponge in a hurry. qed, shotgun shells

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
can i just say i really miss the days when a shotgun blast would flip a licker on its back automatically? because it really sucks when they lunge through a hail of buckshot to dunk on me

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
irrespective of my gunpowder usage, Mr X now has me cornered in the Interrogation/Observation rooms and i think im about to get it given to me

e. GOD DAMMIT HE CAN BUST THROUGH THE loving WALLS TOO?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
tfw when the door opens up and its real

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so i really dont like the new gator boss

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also please forgive me if i accidentally spoil a 20 year old game in the midst of my whining

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
my favorite part of RE2 remake is how all the intensely stupid bits have been taken out and replaced with Marvin being a loving bro

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its a really good freaking survival horror game folks

capcom done did themselves a classic inadvertently

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I think calling the gator a boss is kind of a stretch. You just run from it for about 10 seconds and throw a grenade at it.

look it used to be an actual boss and im an old man trying to cope with this new crash bandicoot bullshit okay

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I'm actually kind of shocked it didn't pan out into a real boss fight. They obviously put a lot of effort into making it and it's just sort of there and gone in under a minute without ever returning. At least it looks cool as hell.

man the OG RE2 had a whole zapping sequence with the gator

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

sponges posted:

I let Marvin “live”

i was going to, but then i got to the door to the east wing and though "nah... bros dont let bros be shambling undead"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im reading the thread backlog and all the posts about taking the game so slowly and methodically that you finish with a 5 hr time are making me lol sadly as i look at my time of 7 hours

...to leave the police station

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i wouldnt say i feel bad so much as i think its hilarious how bloody inefficient i am

like ill get a new key and be like "egh, no, the west hallway is zombie clown town. im gonna go look for the item i missed on the opposite side of the station."

answer - probably a knife

e. i really hope someone mods in the ability to get infinite minigun without beating hardcore on S+ because there are so many zombies and shooting them is so satisfying i really just wanna do a playthrough later where i turn the entire game into marinara

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 12, 2019

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Wanderer posted:

You can find trainers for the PC version shockingly easily that give you both infinite ammunition and remove the need to reload.

Claire's 2nd-run bonus weapon is actually a lot of fun when it's a .45-caliber full-automatic.

im gonna beat both A/B playthroughs legitimate first, which at the rate im going will take the rest of february

but boy howdy it was so fun in the OG RE2 to post up at one end of one of those RPD Halls O' Bullshit with Old Painless, holler something like "RARHGKLAHGAG!" and just hose the walls down

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so i glanced at the DLC page and those utter bastard liarmen at Capcom are trying to trick me into slapping cash down on the barrel head for noir costumes without an accompanying Chicago Typewriter DLC?

worst game 2019, -1/10

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also yknow uh time was they included all that poo poo for free

boo, games industry. boo.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ill say this for Assisted mode - i started a Claire A run to clear my palate after the Ada section on Standard Leon A, and this difficulty level actually lets you enjoy the visceral effects of gunplay without obsessing over ammo usage

its a lot closer to RE4 than standard. i think i might prefer it to a certain extent

e. the reduced enemy health also prevents a lot of those "oh come on" moments where one zombie in particular has like, 150% normal health

e2 seriously shooting things in this game is brilliant

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Feb 12, 2019

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
bear in mind of course i personally am a gigantic baby that hates adversity

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so i really, really didnt like the Ada section in Leon A for a couple of reasons, secondarily because the gimmick it introduces meshes about as well with the core gameplay as shoving a ham sandwich into a VCR, but primarily because its probably the weakest iteration of her whole look throughout the series

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

Oh boy cant wait to see what happens in RE2 next-

THUMP THUMP THUMP

oh god oh god

Ran through an entire hallway of zombies and at least one licker with that thing chasing me.

KNOCK KNOCK OPEN UP THE DOOR ITS REAL

NONSTOP POP-POP AND STAINLESS STEEL

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Mister X grabs Leon by the face. "Subs or dubs?"

"Uhh, what?" Leon replies.

"SUBS OR DUBS NORMIE!"

wow what a terrible snipe

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Nemesis in RE3 was loving mortifying because he overturned every game mechanic that was in existence

so yeah hi its me, the guy who likes RE3 despite.... well everything

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
except that drat water treatment plant puzzle

that was the worst

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

In Training posted:

He was pretty similar to Mr X but you could kill him

at least you got prizes for decking Nemesis i guess

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Disposable Scud posted:

Going through RE3 now and while the alleyway nature of the game is bland it makes sense considering the technology limitations of the time. The streets of Raccoon Ciry are more detailed than Silent Hill's.

iirc the justification is that Jill sticks to the back alleys

ofc Raccoon City seems to be 70%alley by volume soooo take that as you will

and of course theres no excuse for the puzzles

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Black August posted:

This is why we need 3make now

RE6 Leon’s campaign, only the city section, but ten times the detail and size, Nemesis included free of charge

hell im on board

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
look an RE3 new engine remake would sell like gangbusters while being just an REmake 2 expansion pack ergo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i can highly vouch for running a catharsis Assisted run in tandem with your actual Tryhard run

im currently doing a Claire A Assisted, soaking everything in acid and hollering "YOU LIKE APPLES? HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?" to de-stress from my Leon A where i keep getting jumped by G-Blobs in the sewers

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hot take do not mouse over unless cleared for galaxy brain

chief irons is way, waaay scarier than mr x

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

snoremac posted:

Wasn't Irons a rapist in the original? That was creeping on my mind during the orphanage sequence.

not as... explicitly

he was more deranged than he is in the REmake

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, Irons in the new one seems like he was on the verge of snapping for quite a while and the outbreak's pushed him over. The Irons of the original RE2 had been a goddamn lunatic for quite some time.

EVERYONE'S GONNA DIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCK0UZ5vgzQ

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Whistle Villain posted:

Why did Irons kidnap Sherry when all he wants is the pendant? He could've just asked for it at gunpoint and left.

he has, uh

based on his dialog in the original RE2 and stuff in the REmake

proclivities

hes got the mayor's daughter's corpse on his desk and his journals refer to a "pig" of 22 years that needs stuffing
Hes a loving creeplord supreme

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Is it actually spelled out why Irons wants the pendant in the remake?

actually thats a good point

the pendant isnt the Mr X bait in the remake

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Claire A spoilers
in any case its deeply unsettling to play the Sherry section and have this undeniable psychopath muttering "where are you you little bitch" on the other side of a shelf

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
my one complaint about the remake is that it was so true to the source material that Claire doesnt get to stick her grenade launcher down Irons' throat and fire off acid rounds until it goes loving click

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Caidin posted:

So... one round?

gets the job done

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also rip being able to stuff infinite rounds of one type into claire's grenade launcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Or for trying to speedrun the game it’s even funnier. “30 minutes earlier”!? Bitch gimme ten.

I’m too late, Irons!? gently caress YOU MAN YOU WERE SCREWED BEFORE I EVEN PUT THE PHONE DOWN

CLAIRE GONNA GIVE IT TO YA!