Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

If its the chasing him around the ruins part. All you have to do is dodge his attacks; all the areas where you're caged in with him can be gotten past by doing enough damage or just waiting long enough.

Its exceptionally easy in the very first part with that locked gate and the ladder nearby. Just check the gate to start the timer, and then go up and down the ladder until it opens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vkeios
May 7, 2007

The Wii and GC ports are all kind of lazy (excluding the remake of course) and don't include most of the poo poo from the various ports over the years. The original versions on the PSN are still fine, but if you want the best versions:

1: Remake or DS version if you want the old game.
2: Surprisingly its the N64 port, its easily got the most stuff.
3: the dreamcast port (from what Zellus said a few posts above, it sounds like the PC port is based on this version).
Code Veronica: The digital download on the 360/PS3. Its based on the PS2 port, which adds cutscenes of Wesker doing his matrix thing.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 13, 2012

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Fereydun posted:

oh thank god, re6 isn't canon then

she left him a rocket launcher. its totally canon.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

I just want to say that I hate lickers.

I've never been able to beat a RE before 4, because all the things jumping at me and the limited ammo just makes these games too stressful. But I picked up this 2 remake to give it a try and I'm playing as Leon and goddamn lickers are the worst. I'm dreading the one in west hall by the office, because I know there's at least one zombie there and I'm hoping I can avoid that hall forever because I just triggered Mr X and he's really making walking around much more stressful.

btw I ended up looking through this thread for licker tips, thanks to whichever posts I saw pointing out how to despawn the other one in west hall and that you can just walk past them.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

I found out about the licker and zombie both on accident. I ran to shove some spare keys into a keypad and suddenly the licker swiped at the door I just went through. No problem, I’ll grab my new toys and walk slowly past him straight into a dead cop that I have no clue when she got there.

I ended up panicking and just booking it to the dark room to take a breather.

I’m completely obvious when I play this game and that’s definitely making it more spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

It was the "avoid that hall forever" part I was laughing at :v:

Although technically its another part of the west hall.

Yeah I figured. Though I already got the puzzle piece for the library if that’s the area you mean and Mr X was chill there and shoved a zombie out of my way. He’s a nice guy after all.