Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Snix posted:

I'd go as far as to call REmake a survival horror masterpiece. It's old-skool tank-control horror at its absolute finest. It's a shame there isn't a market for that anymore.

Is there any chance of it ever being released on PSN, like RE4, or is it doomed to be forever a Nintendo exclusive? I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

ManOfTheYear posted:

Special points for the very rare type of a villain, a female blonde milf who is a president of a war torn eastern european country who used to be a military instructor and has some serious moves. I don't remember where I've seen that type of a villain

Minus the presidency, that sounds like The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Panzeh posted:

I found an anti-material rifle in the shop, so I bought it and souped up the magazine. It's a 10k+ damage sniper rifle but the catch is you can't reload it.

I found one of those in the shop with the built-in reload bonus.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Also, I was lucky enough to get a speed load tommygun which is loving amazing. Slapped a lvl. 4 anti-recoil on it along with a level 4 merciless and mundane killer on it and now it tears through normal mooks like a loving chainsaw while having basically nonexistent recoil even when going full auto. Plus speed load has the added effect of lowering rate of fire by a bit which normally sucks but with the tommy gun's normally obscene RoF it actually helps to make it manageable.

Try fitting it out with burst mode and rate-of-fire upgrades, it empties so fast recoil is barely an issue.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

I'm not surprised R2 is getting mixed reviews, it had a lot of things I thought were really good (Barry's dialogue) and some parts that were just terrible (the invisible instakill enemies can eat a bag of dicks).

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Just been hit by the infinite-uploading bug in Raid mode *again* despite the last patch promising it was fixed. This is the buggiest PC game I have ever played.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

So I just went for the Chapter 1 knife achievement and failed, can someone tell me the exact limitations? Can I use bricks? Herbs? The torch? Those are what might have cost me.

I'm guessing it was the bricks, I did a successful knife run and didn't brick or crowbar anyone.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Son Ryo posted:

Just when you're in control. Also, I just checked and no, stunning enemies with the light yourself does disqualify you, though you can still use it to search for hidden items and such.

How did you check this? I'm sure I stunned enemies with the torch on my run but I still got the achievement.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Does R2 ever actually explain why Natalia thought Moira was dead at the end of episode 1 ?

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Wanderer posted:

I thought the implication was that the last time Natalia saw Moira, they were headed for the tower, which promptly exploded and Natalia hasn't seen Moira since.

I do agree that it was a cheap way to set up a cliffhanger, though.

Natalia was unconscious in the underground lab when the tower exploded though, and when she woke up she'd have no way of knowing what went on there.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 10, 2015

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Mountain Lightning posted:

Maybe have it so killing zombies attracts lickers to the room to feed on the corpses?

I hope they include some new areas to explore like the REMake did, as well as utilizing the Scenario A/B thing a bit better. I mean, the only actual changes you could do in A that affected B were taking the stuff in the Armory, accessing the special laboratory with your fingerprints, and using the anti-BOW gas. Maybe have something like the fire on the roof from the helicopter being optional to put out, and if you let it keep going you don't access something useful in A... but the fire damage from letting the fire rage in A allows you to access someplace in B you wouldn't normally be able to get to once you put the fire out.

There were also window shutters you could close in the police station, which would change where zombies would appear in each scenario.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Oh god i hope they dont gently caress it up.

The fact that guy is wearing a shirt reading "We do it!" does not bode well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

RE3make is an okayish game, but a terrible remake, while RE2make is both an excellent game and and an excellent remake. Selling it at full price when it felt so much like add-on content for RE2make was really a mistake from the beginning.

RE2 was a good game but as a remake I was disappointed at how much they left out from the original, mainly in terms of the differences between scenarios and the extent of the Leon and Claire interactions.