Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why are they remastering the first one again, and not the second one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
REMAKE RE2

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I kinda wish Leon could still german suplex the zombies. I guess he hasn't learned that yet though

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is the RE 3 remake confirmed, or is everyone just blowing smoke? I keep seeing posts all over the place about it

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Barudak posted:

When they remake Resident Evil 1 the next time they should include a feature where you read all the dialog for the game and when cutscenes play it uses your voice acting

Barry..... Wheres Barry?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I do remember game pro calling him Mr X.

Also they ran ads for import games and mod chips that had screenshots from 1.5, and I was always super confused why we got a different version of RE2

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
In RE 4 I would always Kneecap them with the RED9 then suplex or roundhouse them. hopefully Leon can learn Rex Kwon Do in the Remake.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Since they got the biggest complaint wrong will they be adjusting the score?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Just got my key from Greenman and steam is letting me preload! 21.9 Gigz

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Took the plunge and got it for 45-gently caress-you-you-brexiting-fucks-Euros on GMG. How is it that GMG always does a discount and yet is never mentioned in the same accursed breath as G2A?

G2A is known for doing Scummy poo poo like purchase insurance on keys they sell.

GMG buys the keys from publishers, and has a low enough overhead to still make a profit selling them at a discount.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Kibayasu posted:

please use his proper name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVIdy9_wqQw

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Leon is cool and good. And CORNY

I want a shop keeper sim where you play as the Merchant from RE4

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Resident evil TV show should an Anthology thing, where each series is a games story adapted for the screen.

Also according to steam we're unlocking in like 2 hours BAY BEEEEEEEEE

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Unlimited Rocket Launcher and Minigun when?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Vikar Jerome posted:

not that im knocking the greatest handgun ever made, because ~i love to reload during battle~

You're pretty good!~

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Once I unlocked the UZI as Claire I no longer worried about finding ammo. Each drop give you so much, and you can just saw legs off with ease.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Sir Tonk posted:

evil within 2 is really good, 1 is kinda slow though

Only thing anyone needs to know about evil within 2

https://youtu.be/a7Azs3S2erk

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is there a good trainer or cheat to easily add all the different guns and items to the box? I'd love to just dink around with stuff, but I can't seem to get cheat engine to cooperate with me.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Anonymous Robot posted:

So here’s a funny thing. In the crane room, Claire can turn the crank on, shout “have I got a surprise for you,” and then get her rear end wrecked by the crane herself lmao

I watched my buddy do this on launch night, and laughed so hard. I was very surprised.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I hope nemesis does drop them handgun parts if I kick his rear end

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
As you get older you get worse at video games

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The chief of police hid a car battery in marble statue for some reason.

Raccoon City has some real issues

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If I remember correctly a gamepro article from before Resident Evil 2 came out described Chief Irons as erotic.

I think they used the wrong word to describe him

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Remake of RE 4 with even more goofy Leon zingers plz.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is resistance borked on PC? I a cannot seem to find a match.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

0 rows returned posted:

so i just tried out the resistance open beta and yeah i dont think ill be playing much of this at all

What didn't you like? Genuinely curious. I played it on steam with 3 friends and had a good bit of fun. Most of it was messing with each other, but still, pretty fun imo.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
He didn't like it when I shot him with a bazooka

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Resident Evil 3 is pretty fun. Kinda bummed about the turned down gibs, but action rolling and bullet timing zombies is really good.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Caidin posted:

Is skorts actually a term now? Did we learn nothing from jorts?

Skorts are period for Midwest America in the 90s.

It's much more accurate for Jill to be wearing a skort.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
So RE3 has decided to open in a resolution my monitors don't support, and open in between two of them so my computer freaks the gently caress out and I can't get in and change anything. Any tips?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rabidsquid posted:

i don't think the lockpick or bolt cutters could save you very much time, they're both trivial to get basically immediately

It does speed up early game shotgun / stock and some other goodies.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
with friends if you get a mastermind that sucks poo poo the game is a blast, if you get a mastermind that is actually good its the cheapest bullshit in the world and is terrible.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Nails posted:

Not sure if anyone else has encountered this yet, but apparently if you die enough times or use the bonus items, you can't get an S rank in hardcore. I'm not sure which thing it is. I beat the game in around 2 hours and 10 minutes, didn't save at all, died 10 times, and was using the infinite ammo AR, the defense and healing coins, the dodge manual, the hip packs, the hot knife, and RAI-DEN. The score it gave me was a B. I'm not super surprised, but I am annoyed that it didn't mention the items blocking above a B rank. Weirdly enough, using RAI-DEN counts as Magnum kills towards that achievement, and using the recovery coins doesn't count against you as a healing item for that achievement. Super weird.

Edit: I figured it out. I didn't notice that the clear times change as you mouse over difficulties. Assisted is 2 hours and 30 minutes, Standard is 2 hours, and Hardcore is 1 hour and 45 minutes. I can't even imagine how that last one would be possible considering I felt like I was hauling rear end through that playthrough and I was passing by a lot of poo poo. That is crazy. Also spoilered unlocks just in case, sorry I spaced on that.

You can shave a ton of time with the lock pick and bolt cutters

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Neo Rasa posted:

As a boring white dude named Chris R. who's perpetually angry at Denny for failing to have the money. he's one of the few game protagonists I can truly identify with.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol if you think witches and werewolves and hallucinations are not gonna get explained away by some new virus or mold.

village is the working title btw, might not be called that when it drops. or might it be something like the village, or VILLAGE:resident evil.

cant wait for Resident Evil CrucifIXion.

The tenth game in the official series will take after popular franchise Friday the 13th and simply be called:

BARRY X

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

DanielCross posted:

Someone a few pages back asked about skipping the shotgun. If you don't pick it up at the Subway office, it spawns next to the Typewriter in the room with the first Mine Rounds, right after Carlos RPD.

Grenade Launcher will spawn there too.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cardiovorax posted:

It's called Valen-time.

Hell yeah

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

This guy's hud with health and enemy information is not in the spirit of the game and he should be banished

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Something I noticed that I really liked was Brad not having any kind of weapon on him. When you check his model in the viewer he doesn't even wear a holster. It's just really fitting for his character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jolo posted:

Does buying the bolt cutters and lockpick from the item shop just put them in the chest from the start of the game? You get both of those things in the first twenty minutes or so which doesn't seem like it'd save much in the way of time.

it saved me about 15 minutes off of backtracking or whatever. good quality of life items for when you gotta beat the game in about an hour