Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Hey, Wesker had a friend in RE5! She was just a crazy lady and he wanted her dead.

Are we talking about creepy boob lady or creepy Steve Buscemi clone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I don't consider the movies real Resident Evil because Chris has yet to punch a bolder.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Related to the endings I heard that they're very brief and don't really give much closure, then you get a preview of upcoming DLC, can anyone confirm this?

I'm just really leery of Capcom after the bullshit they pulled with Asura's Wrath.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It used to be that I'd always wait for the next version of a Capcom game, because I'd have the definitive version. Even that's not a safe bet anymore with modern Capcom.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wasn't there SA articles that did something like that for the space stations from Doom? It was a janitor's journal or something similar.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Unless I'm missing something, GFWL games should still be playable if you don't sign in, you just can't do multiplayer or get achievements.

Some games won't let you save unless you're signed in.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

I don't think it looks bad, but it's hard to judge from those screenshots. The way they handled the switch to 16:9 looks super weird, though. Either way, I'm glad they're at least trying; that's a game that definitely should not be lost to the ravages of time. It's cool that they're putting it out on PC too.

Yeah, their solution to widescreen is really weird, isn't this what movies used to do? Pan and scan or something like that.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Or Barry is going to be a boss.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Capcom has shown multiple times that not only do they not give a poo poo about what their customers want, they also have no loving clue about what projects they should work on.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I mean, watch that video with Jessica again. He stops just shy of saying "...Look honey, you're barking up the wrong tree." How many ultra masculine adolescent male power fantasies have you seen physically reject a woman's advances? Even Big Boss ended up having sex with Eva despite being totally gay for Ocelot.

Leon does it all the time in the CGI movies.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The 5th movie is where everyone returns as a virtual reality character or something, right? It's how they justify bringing dead characters back to life.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Kin posted:

Oh, and dial back the over the top bollocks that the series went down. gently caress suplexing zombies :/

You lost me here.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think it was because in their contract with Sony all numbered entries in the game had to be on Playstation.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Yes except instead of CV, there's nothing.

How about rock climbing?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That's one thing that bugged me about Sewer Gators, if I lived in the RE universe after all the poo poo that's happened there is no way I'd leave the house.

If I did I'd be heavily armed.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

One problem being that Halsey IS a complex character and Traviss can't write those. She never allows Halsey to justify her actions and continues to have the universe poo poo on the character.

Anywho, Evil Within always sounded interesting but I never got around to picking it up. For some reason I was always confusing it with Deadly Premonition.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Nolan North has incredible range and he hates it when people ask him to voice Nathan Drake because it's more or less his normal voice.

I heard him as a vulgar Winnie the Pooh a few weeks ago and it was hilarious.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'm just going to assume the Not a Hero DLC was supposed to be the baseline for the DLC and since it was all hosed up they had to slap something together.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

As for his Rape & Taxidermy Dungeon, that's probably going to look loving awful in the best way with all manner of ghoulish poo poo adorning the walls.

It'll actually be his my little pony collection.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

CrRoMa posted:

Resident evil 6 sounds like a great game to just turn on and experience without worrying about how good or bad it might be

I liked it for the sheer spectacle of it all and a solid co-op experience.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I lost a bet that RE4 was coming to switch since they've ported that game to everything.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

poo poo RE2 might actually be hard!!

They're not super heroes yet,sooooo....

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

holy poo poo, this rpd recruitment poster was in the demo game files, apparently, not 100% sure since its come from reddit but

lmao.

Sadly the number isn't legit.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I wouldn't mind another Umbrella Chronicles.

Please don't hurt me.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Does the demo unlock anything in the game?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

RE 6 showed them being deployed where they were not prepared, so they can be handled but that first attack is going to have massive casualties.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Finished the Vendetta movie, that was some fun trash.

I know this is mostly for RE2, but someone mentioned the movie earlier and I had to check it out. I figure the experts would be able to answer this:

Have they mentioned if the people infected with that virus remember dismembering and eating their family or strangers? Do the people who took deadly damage when infected just flat out die when the virus leaves their body and they return to normal? Am I overthinking it since the RE universe is a bioweapon hell hole and civilians just don't matter?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Overthinking it, all things considered. ...

If we're going to be realistic, Raccoon City had it better.

I figured.

I did find it hilarious that the audience was supposed to feel sympathy for a weapons dealer. I know he didn't do bio-weapons before the failed assassination attempt but he was still a poo poo stain before that happened.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

What's that??

It was a TV series set before the Raccoon City incident, it's on youtube.

Link: https://youtu.be/wM2XKHJb4Ho

Azubah fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 27, 2019

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'm not good enough to really do the unlocks for the unlimited weapons, I'm fine with paying $5 for something that honestly makes the game more playable for me.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Graphically, Code Veronica shares a whole lot of traits with Shadow Hearts, which was originally developed for PSX and then buffed up for an early release on PS2. You can really see it, when you know what to look for.

That explains why SH didn't look great, but it was so drat good I didn't care.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Go full stupid and make Steve a split personality of Claire, have his sections be Claire on a cross dressing rampage.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

How about Flaming Opera Cop?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Capcom starting a bioweapon program just to make good horror monsters is a new bar other companies must raise themselves to.

New astroturfing marketing where the games are training for the real apocalypse.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I really wish the Chronicles games got to be the RE4 clones of the previous games instead of the light gun games they are.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That... isn't how they do it?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I still remember the RE2 commercials where you hear Irons scream "Everyone is going to die!"

Even before the game was released you knew he was bad news.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

This is way better than the various bikini and nude mods out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The great thing about Wesker is you can add him to any outlandish scenario and you can just shrug and accept that it's a thing he'd do.