Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

I wouldn't really want an ultra-serious, dramatic RE game. The absurdity is a large part of the appeal to me. Sure, they need to work on some gameplay elements and murder whoever came up with the re6 inventory system, but the story isn't the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

I want to like this game, but I just can't handle this framerate garbage any more. While I'm struggling with single digit fps, enemies keep getting free shots in and sometimes even chain grabs until I die. I preordered this game based on capcom's history of decent pc ports, too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

timeandtide posted:

At the end of Claire's Episode 3 chapter, there is a QTE where they struggle with Neil. Is it possible for Moira to pick up the gun and shoot him? When I played it, I initially switched to her and started crawling forward, but thought I had to balance between her crawling and Claire warding off Neil so I switched back to Claire and that led to her picking up the gun and finishing him off.

The in-game animation detail is surprisingly good, by the way: if you tilt the camera to the characters faces while they talk, they actually move not only their lips, but have facial reactions to the voice acting. Considering I have seen some AAA games not even animate lip movement for scenes where they assume the player will not pay attention, I was surprised they went to the trouble.

Yes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Geight posted:

At this point it seems fairly certain that there won't be big optimization work until after the episodes are all out. There was a steam post linked in here earlier that was supposed to have some performance tweaks, but I can't say they had much effect for me.

They worked great for me! I can actually play the game now, though I've realized that sometimes enemies just teleport regardless of frame rate.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sadly, I missed the gun at the mine in barry 3. As in, I sent the generator up too high and I could find no way of bringing it back down. So, I've gotta do that whole tedious chapter over again. I do not like the sewers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Renoistic posted:

The biggest mystery of the game is how Claire got back to the states! Did she swim the whole way?

And you thought she was sick of this poo poo before...

Really though, she is a Redfield. She obviously just punched the ocean until she got home.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The first time I played nemesis was the only time the RE series legitimately scared me. Then I continued playing the following day and it had already lost its impact. Then once I found out that he dropped weapon upgrades hunting season began.

But still, I'll always appreciate it for that one night.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RE6 has the most amazingly terrible inventory system, so complaining about 5's relatively benign system doesn't make much sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The re5 inventory is tiny, but it doesn't need to be huge because storage is available. In re6, I generally don't use that much ammo thanks to the bitchin' melee combat, but all those wasted drops I can't pick up just gall me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Agent was the best character in 6.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The campaign was fun, but raid mode was just a dull grind-a-thon. As online coop grinds go, the only thing it has over kf2 is being a funky emote warrior (note to tripwire devs- add funky emote warrior perk). Well, that and the fact that kf2 is still in a closed beta and won't be released for another few days.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

If you are really having trouble you can always cheese it by having Claire crouch under the spinning blades in the corner. They can't kill Moira and they suicide on the blades, so it removes all the urgency.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Claire has a much better partner, is all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

so long as you can shoot the ghosts i am okay with their presence. sadly punching the ghosts across the room doesn't seem to be an option if the whole game is in first person.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

unless 7 is a massive failure to the extent that it kills the franchise permanently, who cares if they experiment a little? if they make a good game i will buy and play it, though not preorder it after how poorly rev2 ran at first. it is good to try new things, both for individuals and game developers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alucard Nacirema posted:

RE 5 moved copies because it was the sequel to RE 4, it was in development for a long time creating increased anticipation, the return of Chris Redfield (and possible conclusion of the story started in RE 1), and the first HD Resident Evil. Plain and Simple.

It didn't hurt that it was a co-op shooter coming hot off the heels of Gears of War either.

Theres a reason sales dropped with RE 6 (NEWS FLASH: Its because RE 5 wasn't that good)

so re5 did well because you like re4 and re6 was a failure because you didn't like re5. you are retarded.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

re6 had more bad than good, but the melee combat was amazing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

codo27 posted:

Yes melee combat of which there should be none when facing toxic flesh eating hellspawn

Uh, so you have a problem with Jake beating a nemesis to death? But really, if you don't want to melee poo poo in re6 (due to having terrible taste) you are only required to do so in like two scenes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i wanna suplex a ghost

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i bet jake would be really good at punching ghosts. i bet jake would be really good at punching just about anything.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Turning the main characters into super heroes really hurt the franchise for me. I don't ever want to see Chris punching giant boulders or Leon round house kicking people through 2nd story Windows ever again.

see, i can tell you are speaking english but i cannot otherwise understand a word you are saying

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

7resident (president) evil

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

it opens up the possibility of a jake vs wesker fist fight, so i will accept any excuse

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i played all of re6 with a friend and enjoyed the combat-heavy parts. oh, and spamming emotes as agent was a real good time. that inventory ui is an unspeakable abomination, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Barry and Claire were great in rev2. Everything else was varying degrees of not so great.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

the villain grew a pair of electro-tits for no discernible reason

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

the new guy can make the journey from being real afraid of the spooky ghosts to doing a bunch of wrestling moves on them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

I would like to see more revelation games but only if they either ditch the partners entirely or make them real coop games. In rev1, your partners are completely cosmetic. They run around and shoot, but they do no damage and enemies ignore them. In rev2, you have Natalia which needs no further explanation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sherry was the perfect lead for the cover shooter people thought re6 was, because she has regenerating health.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

it changes magnums from instant win buttons to slightly delayed win buttons

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

maybe one of the areas should have been a souvenir shield factory. spears are just pointy sticks, so those don't require any explanation. problem solved!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

the best thing 6 did was make qte's optional. god, i hate those things.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

my everyone is better than your everyone, so there!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i think a current gen game could do lots of neat stuff with ol' nemmy. nemesis was really all 3 had going for it and i'm surprised they never reused the idea.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, the general thrust of it is that Chris and Leon are too obsessed with their jobs, Jill was just as obsessed and also some rear end in a top hat's superhuman bodyguard for a while, and Claire's a workaholic with a habit of getting to know a nice guy right before he gets killed under bizarre circumstances.

when the heck did claire ever meet a nice guy who died?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

uh, i'd hesitate to call steve nice, a guy, or even a person. more like a living whine.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

the partners in rev1 were mostly cosmetic. they didn't do any damage and enemies mostly ignored them, so they were really just someone to talk to. i think that re5 could have used a similar system when you were playing it solo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

the ai doesn't really help, but it rarely gets in the way too much on normal and below. it is mostly a problem on higher difficulties. re5 is not a very hard game.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

agent is cool and strong and he is my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Len posted:

Agent wasn't in the game at launch. Ada was the only solo person but then the internet flipped poo poo and Capcom patched in Agent just to shut them up.

Of course then they bitched about Agent not being fully integrated like all the other partners were.

he could give a thumbs up repeatedly while ada interacted with stuff. what more do you need?