Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Playing through Leon's campaign now and I gotta say, the game owns for right now.

My boy Leon doe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I think Capcom should have gone all God Hand with Jakes campaign. I wish the melee was more fluid.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Cellophane S posted:

My favourite RE games are 2, 4 and 5.

Will I like this?

Probably.

Just don't ever expect another RE4.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I've heard that playing the Chris campaign as Piers is much better. Is this true?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Okay I see why some people said playing as Piers is better. I suppose it is kinda cool to see how Chris reacts to stuff through someone else's eyes. Piers isn't necessarily better, it's just a change from a narrative standpoint.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

This game feels a lot like Revelations. Thinking about it that way, I actually enjoy it more.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

It's cool how there's a set order to play the campaigns in so the story flows easier yet Capcom makes no mention of it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Thievery posted:

Skeezy just play whatever you want in whatever order as long as you're planning on playing it all anyway it doesn't matter. What is your order because I did Leon > Chris and now on Jake and I think if I hadn't done Leon's first I would have missed out on a lot.

Prelude Chapter
Chris Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 2
Jake Chapter 1
Jake Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 1
Leon Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 3
Chris Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 4
Leon Chapter 4
Chris Chapter 4
Jake Chapter 5
Chris Chapter 5
Leon Chapter 5
Ada

That's how I'm doing it and it at least flows enough so it makes whatever sense.

Question about Leon's campaign. Does his jacket make it out alive in this one?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I really want to know what RE6 looked like when they first came up with it.

Also I wish Leon was the only character.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Solomonic posted:

I'm not sure why, but when I got to Chris's campaign, I decided to go against my habits from the other two and play through it as Piers. It ended up working out really well for two reasons: one, Piers is kind of a nonentity character-wise, so the story was sort of "the adventures of noted boulder-puncher Chris Redfield, co-starring you, the player". Two, he has the bitchingest sniper rifle ever. It's got a thermal scope and does crazy damage, to the point that with j'avo hunter on I was taking down those huge brute things that come out of the cocoons in three shots. It was really useful for taking down the (very common) sequences where there's like ten snipers just hanging around while you fight guys in the foreground.

It's great to be the guy who gets to see how much of a pissed off dude Chris is nowadays.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yes Capcom I will continue to buy Resident Evil 4 every time you put it out.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

http://kotaku.com/resident-evils-deaf-composer-apparently-isnt-deaf-1517280264

According to the ghostwriter, Samuragoch isn't even deaf.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Okay now seriously Capcom, where's Carlos?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1247460906684080128?s=21

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1247625216345493505?s=21

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

If this was just Capcom wanting to use the sick RE Engine to make RE4 look and play better then that would be awesome, but some things are going to get cut. Leon's lines will be changed. Ballistics will be removed.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I think perfect world version of a RE4 remake just adds the RE engine and gives you the sick weapon swapping that 2 and 3 have. Don't cut any lines or really change anything there, maybe make Luis playable for one area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

O

You missed the best one!

No contaban con mi astucia!

Incredible