Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Ugh I found the USS jackets that they were giving away on InsertedEvil. Since I pretty much missed the whole contest, I searched it up to see if I could just obtain one normally and it's $149. Argh. And then like a $10 shipping on top of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Azubah posted:

Are we talking about creepy boob lady or creepy Steve Buscemi clone?

Okay that's two friends then. Also he IS a Steve Buscemi clone isn't he?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

I dunno Wesker seemed pretty dismissive towards everyone but Chris in RE5. He seemed to enjoy hanging out with Birkin at least, well enough that he was willing to kill a whole evening watching Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen dick around a mansion for an evening with him.

Was Not-Buscemi even ever in a scene with Wesker? I've beaten RE5 like 4 times and I can't remember.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't actually. The most interaction he had was with masked Jill. I don't think we even saw him with Excella, even though he references her.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dan Didio posted:

I like how one the achievements for making progress in the Umbrella Security Service storyline is just straight up called 'Betrayal', like, yeah, no one saw that coming.

The extra little bit that notes that the campagin completion achievements are for 'the USS campaign' make me wonder if there's actually seperate campaing for those contractors? Special Forces? People in the 'Triple Impact' trailer. Seems wierd to give them actual character and make them the polar opposites of the main characters if they don't get used in any capacity beyond glorified multiplayer skins.

There's no achievements for another campaign though. I mean there are hidden achievements but they could just be other campaign related events.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

Oh, well poo poo, hey Dan Didio I think you were right about the Spec Ops in Operation Raccoon City.

20 new achievements/trophies added to ORC with the "Echo Six Expansion Pack" DLC

I'm pretty confident that this game is going to have a significant amount of playtime attached to it.

S+ rank on professional for all missions though? I'm going to guess there's no infinite rocket launcher on this one heh

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

reminds me of that RE4 one with the breast fed baby. They're pretty random aren't they?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foHapGAlK30

A new characters trailer for RE:ORC. It also briefly gives us the names of the Spec Ops characters (Echo Six) although I think we heard them already from elsewhere.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

So Capcom of Japan dated ORC over there, it's coming in April. Something I noticed though.

Japan gets a (slightly) less stupid cover.

We get ORC before they do? And why do they get the small tweak to the cover anyways? Oh well, I got that collector's edition coming anyways.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Wanderer posted:

I don't remember seeing this here. Official art and character blurbs for Echo Six, the Special Forces team in ORC:
http://residentevilnews.com/631/mee...accoon-city.php

That last one (Willow) wasn't in the CG trailer was she?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FlashFearless posted:

Well, what a shock. Gamestop hosed me over on the Revelations preorder. When I went in to preorder the game, I specifically asked if it came with the case. The guy said "Oh yeah, it's great" and we had a conversation about how a physical object is such a better preorder bonus than all the digital content they're always doing now.

Today I go to pick up my copy, and I get, "Sorry, we got an email saying only preorders placed before Jan 13 get the case."

I returned the game immediately and bought it from amazon, but what the gently caress. I wanted that case.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Residen...=1312731&loc=01

Scyron posted:

If I am going to preorder REOC from a major retailer, which one should I do?

I saw bestbuy, amazon, and gamestop all have "pre-order bonuses", none of which state exclusive, which is nice, meaning I can probably buy the other later, like in deadrising2's costume things.

I have no idea the stats of the weapon packs but each sounds nice, the thing is, does the LE(if there is one?) contain a super voucher or anything? I'd really like to get my hands on the best deal, and while march isn't exactly close, I would like to lock in my budget for the game, day 1.

The Limited Edition is $10 more and contains all the bonus weapons +2 unknown ones. Preordering also gives you an alt costume pack for your characters. For some reason Amazon must have sold out of it's pre-order alottment of special editions at the moment but other stores still have it.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6lJw2GAySs

If I had a mic for the PS3 mid round, "Hey other team: GET hosed "

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Echo Six DLC is April 10th for Operation Raccoon City it seems. And it's free. And Jill/Nemmy is involved?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FlashFearless posted:

Raccoon City got here a couple days early! I played the first level of the campaign. It's pretty fun, the gameplay is pretty smooth, shooting guys is fun. I did encounter a bug once where my NPC teammates wouldn't move far enough forward and I had to slowly nudge them into place with my body.

So it's pretty fun at least? There's alot of negative feelings toward this game and I'm just hoping it's at least decent.

Also I'm picturing night at the roxbury except resident evil and one person pushing everyone towards an exit.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FlashFearless posted:

I'm having a great time so far. Even though the co-op guy who got matched with me had a crying baby and a wife complaining at him the entire time. Also the Welcome to Raccoon City sign that came with the Capcom pre-order is gently caress-off huge and I love it.

I decided to get mine off amazon (locked my limited edition in at $60 and got credit), got an actual photo of the sign? I was a bit skeptical about how big it'd be or how it'd feel.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AshTheZombie posted:

Decided to pickup a mobile gaming system so I can RE:ORC it up during work.
http://imgur.com/a/RRVHa
I regret nothing.

Well it's pretty cool looking at least Where did you get that? Or did you build it or what?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Blind Sally posted:

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but on XBOX.com, they have already released some DLC for Operation Raccoon City. In fact they've been available for a couple days now: http://trendygamers.com/2012/03/15/...y-dlc-xbox-360/

With all the hubbub about Day-One DLC and Mass Effect, I wonder if anyone will get bent out of joint over pre-Release-day DLC (though probably not, it's just a few costume and weapon packs).

Briefly reading those, aren't those the pre-order DLCs?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I thought the Echo Six "DLC" is free though. (Although with that said, I have no idea why it's initially locked)

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AshTheZombie posted:

Decided to pickup a mobile gaming system so I can RE:ORC it up during work.
http://imgur.com/a/RRVHa
I regret nothing.

To anyone else: http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-g15...stem?c=all&p=12 These things are $100 off right now haha

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

NESguerilla posted:

No reviews on this and it's out tomorrow. That's not very comforting.

There were no early reviews for FEAR 3 and that turned out to be major fun.

I just hope everything works out.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

So... any goon consensus yet? My game is still in the mail, but those reviews are lower than mediocre.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yodzilla posted:

Wait, Operation Raccoon City is out?? I've heard so little about it recently that I thought it wasn't hitting for a while. Ugh sad to hear that it sucks, though I'm really not surprised after seeing the trailers.

Between that, Resident Evil Revelations, the Silent Hill: HD collection and SH: Downpour all that awesome survival horror goodness I thought we were getting has just turned out to be a huge loving pile of poo poo.

I thought people liked Revelations?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I'm not far in yet, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm definitely going to try platinuming this.

I'm traveling through campaign at my own pace right now, but I'll be up for some multiplayer later on PSN.
PSN: h4mx0r

tell me who you are if you want to add me for ORC. I posted in some trophy boosting for Uncharted Golden Abyss and have now been cursed with dozens of blank friend requests. I can't tell if they're goons for the vita or the trophy boosters.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Are all RE:ORC goons on 360 or something?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

WASDF posted:

I'm on the playstation! You can add me and play sometime. Name's WASDFF on PSN

You have been added sir.

NESguerilla posted:

ORC is to the Resident Evil games what The Resident Evil movies are to the uh, Resident Evil games. This poo poo sucks.

Except that ORC is at least fun to play.

blackguy32 posted:

Also, the ending is hilarious if you choose to side with Leon. Hey we have been following Umbrella the whole game! Oh, you won't pay us three times the money? Well gently caress you, we are going to destroy Umbrella! I can understand them not giving Sherri to Umbrella, but the whole "destroy Umbrella" thing was a stretch.

Well the destroy umbrella part was probably partly because they were left for dead at one point

e: if there is an ORC2 made by some more competent developers, give us more Wesker!

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ran Four Eyes in the campaign, but I'm finding the pheromone grenade to not be as useful online as I was hoping.

Online I pick Vector, because his additional run speed and cloaking is pretty sick. Mainly it's just really nice to cloak and then melee stunlock someone (oh god how am I suppose to do this 10 times in one match) or cloak, get up close, and then unload my semi-auto shotgun into their face. At such a close range, the shotgun knocks them on their rear end, and then it's fun times from there.

Is the Samurai Edge really good? I have the Matilda from the weapon DLC which is nice, but the I have like 27k exp and I'm trying to decide between the MOB Special or the Samurai Edge. (Picked up a MOB special during a match and it was glorious)

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

I need to get that too, we could boost that thing sometime?

Exactly what I was thinking

Does the S rank professional trophies count for cooperative games too? I figure the Clear times can be much better with humans running about than bots that are lagging behind.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Is there any Versus level where you encounter dogs?

I know you see them like twice in the campaign, but I was just wondering if any of the levels unleashed the terror that is zombie dogs.

Seriously if they released "Resident Evil X: Dogs dogs dogs dogs and more dogs" that'd be like the most terrifying or most annoying thing ever.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Die Laughing posted:

Someone suggested getting eight goons together on a Survivor game and seeing how long we can hold out without anyone getting on the chopper. I wouldn't mind testing that out this weekend.

I'll have plenty of time tomorrow, so I'll be down for whatever.

I recall seeing a timer even in Survivor games. Am I wrong?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Does ORC support any kind of split screen co op?

Unfortunately, no.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I really want a mic so I can communicate with dudes, what's a cheap and reliable microphone for the PS3?

Also: anyone want to group up for Professional campaign runs in an effort to reach S+? Basically, loads of kills, die no more than once (so I hear), find a handful of intel (Spectre can do that), and finally, beat the level below the Par time.

I mean it's probably doable with bots, but eh. They sometimes run in front of my line of fire, and also I'd prefer if another player would like to trigger Birkin's QTE for a change

Plus campaign missions are like 5k+ exp per run anyways.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

You can do it on Veteran, but I wouldn't have a problem going with a group to get those S+ ranks. Be damned if I'm going to play another loving RE on the hardest difficulty with bots like 5.

I've just been reading ps3trophies and it seems that no one's been able to get S+ on Veteran, despite the trophies making it sound like you can.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FlashFearless posted:

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Bluetooth...32635792&sr=8-5

This is the PS3 bluetooth headset I use, and I think it's already. It was much cheaper when I bought it, though.

I'm definitely interested in grouping for a pro run, because I like to loving kill the poo poo out of zombies. Trying to die less than once vs Nemesis is going to be a hell of a thing, though.

PSN me at FlashFearless.

Oh wait we played together earlier today on that Nemesis level.

PSN: h4mx0r

I'll add you when I get on a little later if you haven't added me already. Yeah I've been wanting to get that bluetooth set too, but I've been constantly hoping for a deal on that particular one. Never really saw a good one though.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Well, for those who are trying to get the S+ achievement/trophies, here's a little interesting thing on the S+ ranking

Basically to sum it up, the S+ is indeed possible on Veteran (just as the trophy description says), however it's actually probably easier to do it on Professional because of how the scoring is done.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dodging instinctively would be so much easier if I didn't need L3 for it.

Anyways, I just played the gayest game of Survivor ever. It was just me and this Beltway versus a squad of four dudes who were all pretty good. We're just getting blown apart and basically the helicopter lands but they don't get on it. They just circle the helicopter and just guard it, to stop me and my team (two more joined in mid-game) from getting in. Sure enough, my team can't seem to break through for some reason.

I was like half asleep and just not wanting to give a gently caress anymore so I just took the long way around once I realized they weren't going to board the helicopter. I came up behind them and just got on the heli. All of a sudden they drop all the poo poo they were doing and scramble for the remaining 3 seats.

I thought that was kind of amusing that all of sudden they were just like "haha gently caress you guys there's only 3 seats left and one of them is MINE"

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Risky posted:

gently caress professional mode. Even with 3 humans helping (who were all super high ranked) we kept wiping the same mission over and over. I ended up just quitting.

Man I was getting frustrated at the power plant section! I finally figured out that if I just timed my stun/frags, I could just run that whole part. Terrified of whatever's up next.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Alteisen posted:

Super soldier and pain killer are pretty much a necessity on professional.

Yeah but I was running Spectre so I could find all the intel pieces. I suppose a 2 player effort would have been nice, but then the kills would be divided I think.

Am I suppose to be throwing grenades in the sniper battle? It seems like I am, but I can't ever tell if it's working. I'm going to give that level another shot tonight for S+, maybe I'll try Veteran if only so I might die a little less.

(and gently caress getting infected during the power plant scene, because there's no antiviral sprays in that area, and if you respawn you don't respawn with the spray unless you're foureyes.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

You know what would be cool? If we see characters of the Wolfpack appear in future Resident Evil titles, maybe even just as cameos.

ORC is an alternate timeline, a what-if. But that doesn't mean that in the canon storyline Wolfpack cannot exist. It would just mean maybe they didn't go to RC, but did other Umbrella-y things. (Mainly I just want to see some Vector/Hunk student/master interaction but yeah)

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Crowetron posted:

He can do what? Okay, playing Beltway exclusively forever now.

Also applies to enemy players, as I unfortunately found out I think.

So apparently Melee then Action button results in a brutal kill, usually a face stomp. Melee then Ability button results in role specific kill. And then I think there's another combination that results in you shooting the enemy's face at point blank?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

blackguy32 posted:

If you hold the melee button like you are taking a zombie shield to a Spec Ops, you will hold them at gun point. You can then either pretty the fire button to execute them or press the melee button again to knock them out.

ah so I must have held the button instead of mashing it at some point. Is there a point to knocking them out as opposed to executing them? I got knocked out once and just got back up and shot the dude while he was distracted.

Also while talking about that, is there a difference between using the ability brutal kill versus the regular brutal kill? The only difference I *think* I'm noticing is that the ability kills are slightly faster in animation, so you aren't as vulnerable for as long. Otherwise why expend your ability cooldown for it? (minus Beltway/Tweed's detonation kill)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

blackguy32 posted:

Different classes have different specific melee kills. Four eyes I think sticks a control pheromone grenade in them. I think Spectre punches them with a flash grenade. I still haven't figured out what Lupo's does except for knock down everyone around you.

And from what I can tell, there is no reason at all to just knock them out.

Hmm poo poo, I should try some of these I guess. I think my Vector/Willow did a really quick twirl and slash, so it was just a faster melee kill.

I usually just hit action button though, because usually when I hit the ability button, the melee kill doesn't register and I end up activating my ability.

Also is it just me or is Super Soldier kind of a bitch to deal with? It's got a long recharge sure, but if you turn a corner and bump into some guy who then activates it in front of you, you're kind of boned unless he's a really bad shot and you run away. (Or you turn on your own Super Soldier to outlast his.) It was pretty hilarious to see someone dash up to me to start stunlocking me in melee for a quick kill, but right before he could, I activated Super Soldier and just unloaded into his face.

Juggernaut for life.