Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Wanderer posted:

Mikami always seemed to have a really hard time moving on with the series after RE:CV, and if he hadn't blown it all up and started over with RE4, there's no doubt in my mind there'd be RE2/RE3 remakes in development right now.

RE2 remade in the style of RE4 is probably my dream game. It's a shame that it will most likely never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Played the demo and Leon's scenario is the only one that I really liked, probably because it didn't have any incredibly lovely cover shooting.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

I just finished Chapter 1 of Leon's campaign and I enjoyed it despite the slow start it had. Too much time spent helping some obviously doomed jamoke look for his kid. However I'm not really looking forward to Chris' game since that was my least favorite part of the demo.

If any of you XBox goons need a guy to play with; my tag is Paul Revere 3K.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Will a AI controlled character stay the gently caress out of my way so I can ignore them at least?

The AI is invincible and has unlimited ammo, which is much better than Sheva getting killed like a moron every ten minutes.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Finished Leon's campaign tonight, whoever put the rope climbing section in should be shot. I am having fun with the game, but it is definitely flawed. Not 0 out of 10 flawed, but flawed nonetheless.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Does anybody actually use remote bombs? I'm just curious.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I really hate that they're adding him to the secret campaign. There's literally no reason for it and I think it'll totally demolish the flow and balance of Ada's story. He's not in any cutscenes, he's never talked to, never acknowledged... why the hell does he have to be there? It makes no sense.

Edit: Seriously, I can't even imagine how scenes like Deborah or chainsaw dude are going to go now, talk about hamfisted

You must have hated Saints Row 2 and Dead Rising 2.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Jimbot posted:

They were pretty lonesome in the Obscurity Bar, after all. Another drinking buddy would be pretty welcome!

What, Rebecca and Carlos aren't enough company for them? I guess you could throw Claire in that group nowadays too.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Alteisen posted:

Considering they didn't even mention Jill in this one, you can count her as gone in the RE lore. Probably because in the japanese gaming development world older female characters are almost never seen, whereas male characters growing old is bad-rear end.

I for one would love to see Claire and Jill teaming up, hell I'll even pay extra for it.

Ada has to be pushing 40 at this point.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

GUI posted:

And in the lab level it boiled down to me meleeing and repeteadly killing also two guys for 30 minutes because one of those medallions you have to get had spawned under a table I couldn't interact with and I had missed a door that had a few extra ones.

You have to blow up the table and chairs with a remote bomb to get that ID. Apparently Jake, the badass mercenary and son of a superhuman evil genius, is unable to get on all fours for three seconds and reach his arm under a table.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

I would definitely buy a Claire campaign DLC, but I've always been biased towards Claire since she was in the first two RE games I've ever played.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Lotish posted:

Hate Steve all you like, I still want to know what happened to him after Code Veronica. Chris promised Claire he'd find him, but did he? Well, I don't know, do I? :mad:

Wesker extracted the T-Veronica virus from him and then threw his body in the garbage.

I'm declaring this to be canon.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Just pretend that Resident Evil takes place in an alternate universe where bioterrorist attacks are commonplace, seventeen year old idiots can fly cargo planes, and they let broads be in the Delta Force.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoRrd3FqXWY

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

New screenshots of Claire, Birkin, Sherry and Irons

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

I'm giving the guy playing that demo the benefit of the doubt by assuming that he's not trying to beat the boss. Probably don't want to show too much before the game comes out.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

SettingSun posted:

It amuses me the Claire gets to fire a minigun, a weapon that on the set of Terminator 2 could only really be carried and fired unassisted by the hulking Schwarzenegger.

The Code Veronica intro shows that Claire can do things with guns that don't make any goddamn sense.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

The internet was a mistake.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Man, I fuckin miss Wesker. :(

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

I think I remember reading that zombies were a part of RE7 at an early stage of development. There was a mechanic that would you have to hold your breath to hide from them or something like that.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

WaltherFeng posted:

A few pages back we talked about RE3make. Some guy did RE2 inspired redesign of Jill.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/dzEiYUA

The top still makes no sense but black jeans / cargo pants combined with maybe some sort of blue STARS issue jacket be pretty cool.

Change that top into a tanktop and that look would be just fine.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Wanderer posted:

If the stage play ends up being canon, then she moved to Minnesota, got caught up in another outbreak in 2005, and decided to join the BSAA as an advisor later on.

Now I'm imagining what a Fargo/Resident Evil crossover story would be like.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

I feel like RE6 would have been better if the scenarios had been Leon and Claire, Chris and Jill, and Sherry and Son of Wesker.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kVHfyMQJc8

Mandatory mod

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Castor Poe posted:

I wish REmake kept that lovely little fist pump Chris and Jill do when they solve the CPU puzzle in the lab.

I remember them doing a little finger gun at the computer, which is even better.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Gameplay is third person, yes. First person sequences in the trailer were a stylistic choice for the cutscenes. Remember the reveal trailer for RE2 remake was from the perspective of.....a mouse.

Still pissed we never got that D.I.J. DLC.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Old post but relevant to current discussion.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Why would anyone do drugs when they can just punch a boulder?

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Danknificent posted:

Playing Rev 2, enjoying the piss out of it, but did Moira just scream something about a dildo as she shot that guy? I didn't hear her clearly.

Also duh, I'm a sluicemaster.

Not sure why I remember this, but I'm pretty sure it's "Go jump on a dildo, boss"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

I'm just B-boy limpin'

Shame that Alyson Court isn't coming back, but the chick who played Claire in the Remake did a pretty good job.