Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The best thing about DC? You can totally move AND shoot at the same time. I don't know why that never got carried into the RE games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Wrong Resident Evil thread.

Len fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 9, 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Just paid off a preorder for Racoon City. Gamertag is Zurcher.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nicolai is a real rear end in a top hat.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Policenaut posted:

So uh anyone know what the deal is with the patch update on PS3? Popped the game in and now its making me download a 159MB "Downloadable Content" update. I thought all this stuff was on disc to begin with!

No idea. I only had a 3mb one on the 360. Isn't that good thing though? Now people can't be all up in arms about the DLC being on the disc.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Edit: Move along nothing to see here.

Len fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 21, 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is it possible for people to join in the middle of a round? It's really unfun getting steamrolled when you're short players.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone else finding it a bitch to get a group for the campaign?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rupture Farms posted:

Also add me, I'm dying for some Goon action. XBL tag - Junior Barnes

Request sent. I plan to be playing for a good part of the day.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Any 360 goons up for some (gametype here)?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pandanaut posted:

Holy poo poo with Guns A' Blazin' and the Cowboy Shotgun I am just like Herschel in The Walking Dead.

Useless after a mental breakdown caused by the death of his last kid?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

thefullmetal999 posted:

Any up for campaign? If not then versus?

Gt: Its a trapzorz

I'm wrapping up a level right now but if you shoot me an invite I'm game once it's doen. GT: Zurcher

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FlashFearless posted:

Yeah I still get kind of caught off guard by how beefy the hunters are compared to the RE games.

At least they don't instakill anymore though. I'll accept that as a trade.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Holy poo poo the campaign is so much more fun with real people. Though the first round after the transition to veteran was a bit of trainwreck what with the ability to tackle and throw zombies at each other.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I bought the Nemesis DLC but how do I select it? It's not in the versus gamemode selection.

Edit: I just had to redownload it a few times but it works now.

Len fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 22, 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

This game would be fantastic if I could cut off a zombie head and throw it at a guy like a water balloon.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Revitalized posted:

Is there any Versus level where you encounter dogs?

I know you see them like twice in the campaign, but I was just wondering if any of the levels unleashed the terror that is zombie dogs.

Seriously if they released "Resident Evil X: Dogs dogs dogs dogs and more dogs" that'd be like the most terrifying or most annoying thing ever.

Getting that achievement is going to be a pain in the rear end.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Die Laughing posted:

Someone suggested getting eight goons together on a Survivor game and seeing how long we can hold out without anyone getting on the chopper. I wouldn't mind testing that out this weekend.

I'll have plenty of time tomorrow, so I'll be down for whatever.

I'd be down for an eight on eight goon game of any type.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Slayer1597 posted:

I just picked up Operation Raccoon City, is this the proper place to meet other sexy zombie killing goons?

GT: Slayer15977 Xbox!

EDIT: Oh man, Dlc already for like multiplayer modes

Shot you an invite. GT Zurcher

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Duel posted:

This game is a true RE game when it comes to plot holes and sillyness, but really fun to play as an online game.

If you're talking about the huge amounts of lickers and hunters the reason there weren't any/that many in RE2 is because Wolfpack killed all/most of them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

blackguy32 posted:

If you hold the melee button like you are taking a zombie shield to a Spec Ops, you will hold them at gun point. You can then either pretty the fire button to execute them or press the melee button again to knock them out.

You've gotta make sure to hit them in the head though. I shot a guy in the junk because I'm immature and he didn't die just got up and was kinda pissed.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Radish posted:

If you have friends lined up to play with you the co-op for ORC is a good time. I can't guarantee it's $60 of fun but I enjoyed myself.

Pretty much this. Also play on any difficulty above normal. It adds a whole new level of fun to the game when it turns on friendly fire. Now you can throw a zombie at a teammate then gun him down just so YOU can get the data first. Then again maybe I'm just an immature man child (but so were the three goons I played with)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Has there been any word of how much, if any splitscreen coop will be in RE6?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Wanderer posted:

I got a review copy of RE6 yesterday, and after flailing madly at my debug 360 until it decided to loving work, just work baby, all I want is for you to love me, I've been playing the game for the last embarrassing number of hours.

I am under a spectacularly strict embargo concerning coverage of the game, and do not wish to get lawyered at, but I will say this for the benefit of all involved:

If you, like me, accidentally stumbled across the early spoilers, I am happy to confirm that they are rumors and untrue. I've cleared Leon and Chris's campaigns so far.

Are you able to confirm splitscreen coop? If it doesn't have any I'm going to cancel my preorder and wait until a friend can afford to pick it up before I do.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Spermando posted:

It was confirmed months ago.

Yay! I was afraid they would pull an ORC and have none.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm trying to play through all the games before 6 comes out so I can get a refresher on my RE canon. I forgot how drat clunky the early games are.

Edit: Man Resident Evil 0 is just so goofy. I want 6 to live up to this level of goof.

Len fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 16, 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Really not missing inventory management either. I really wish I knew where my gamesharks/action replays were for these old systems so I could just cruise through.

Edit: I wish I would have thought to keep track of how many times the mechanic of surprise attack after picking up a key item was used. I bet its dozens.

Len fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 17, 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Himuro posted:

Despite the fact the game is single player the whole way through the first time you play the game - no co-op option, it still feels co-op centric.

Wait what? I have to finish the game before there's co-op? Or is this just a demo thing?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

But will RE6 have two guys watching security cameras located in places there shouldn't be security cameras? That's the best part of 0 and I wish it happened more.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is it wrong to want Resident Evil 6 to end on a cliffhanger? The teams meet up and fight the final Umbrella monster when a loving dinosaur hopped up on the T jumps through a window and then BAM Dino Crisis 4 spins right out of Resident Evil.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

RoryGilmore posted:

This has probably been asked in this thread before, but do the original RE games hold up now (original meaning those in the first post of the thread)? I'm guessing that the control scheme is dated and would piss some people off. I never played them as a kid, I never really started RE 4 but I played a lot of RE5 co-op.

How original? I'm working on replaying through them (though I'm still just on 0 because of work/school) and the controls and inventory management in 0 is actively fighting me every step of the way.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

RoryGilmore posted:

If it's just a matter of getting used to it and not being overly clunky and not fun then I suppose it should be fine.

Starting with 1 (the re-done version, not the original original) and working on from there.

I can't vouch for the rest of them just yet. But 0 is painful gameplay wise. The cutscenes are probably the best in the entire series and even beat out punching a boulder on the goofy scale though.

Edit: You only get 12 inventory slots and you have to pick between things like guns/ammo for both characters or your key items. I just had to dedicate five slots to key items. The shotgun takes 2. The grenade launcher takes 2. It's a mess.

Is there a map for Raccoon City and the surrounding countryside somewhere? The geography just doesn't make sense in my mind.

Len fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 21, 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

That musta been before RE0 though with it's mansion that's over the hill from the original mansion and it's cable car that ties it into bits from RE2.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Teen Hero Greg posted:

RE0's world is basically pan-dimensional, don't try to figure out its geography if you value your sanity.

Yeah I just forced myself through a little more and you take a cable car from an old church to the RE2 lab which connects directly to the 0 mansion. I give up.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

poptart_fairy posted:

Goddamit, HALF OFF RESIDENT EVIL FRANCHISE declares Steam. It's RE5 only, ORC isn't included.

But ORC is included? It's $25 instead of $50.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh my god by all counts ORC is a really average, cheaply made game but by god I'm smiling constantly. Conversations from previous games recreated word-for-word, strings of music incorporated into the general soundtrack, playing as the Umbrella bad guys, etc etc. I should feel bad for buying a game that's been mauled by the gaming press but I'm in love.

Should probably play multiplayer though. I guess pubbies won't be too different from the bots either way.

Exactly! If it were $10 instead of $25 I would have bought four copies. It's just goofy nonserious fun.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

poptart_fairy posted:

Aye aye, definitely. Pick up some guns, get some friends together, blast zombies in the face, chuck zombies at each other as bullet shields.

I'd reccomend this to any fan of the series really - at that price anyway. I'd think twice before pulling the trigger on it full price, but if you've got friends to play it with then at budget you can't go too far wrong.

It's more fun on the difficulties with friendly fire.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ghostnuke posted:

Does anyone else look at that "6" logo and see someone blowing a giraffe?

Not at all

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My favorite part of the Leon Campaign was the trex fight. Especially since I joked about how Dino Crisis 4 will spin out of it. It wasn't to that extent but it made me cackle like a maniac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Coming into the Chris portion after Leon is just plain unfun. I've gotten so many bullshit gameovers. In the apartment building where time slows down and you have to shoot the guy holding a hostage? That's really hard to do when time slows down while you're reloading. The air duct between the snake fights? I had zero bullets when I got there so I couldn't stop the snake. Numerous deaths for apparently being just a little too slow when escaping from the B.O.W at the end.Fun fun!

Edit: Not to mention how I've been struggling for health and bullets the entire time. As Leon I was swimming in both but not anymore.

Len fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Oct 5, 2012