Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is there a way to stand up faster? It seems like most of the time I get downed and then by the time I stand up whatever hit dropped me is ready to go away. Sniper shots, spitting lizard spit, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Thievery posted:

How is that not very expensive? After doing all three main campaigns I probably got around 200K at most.

What this guy said.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm fine with escape scenes but why did they decide the camera needs to face away from the direction I run so often?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ImpAtom posted:

To give you a clear view of the thing you're running from since most of them also involve dodging some kind of attack.

And most of the time running involves not hitting some arbitrary barrier that can slow you down and kill you like this small outcropping in Ada chapter 4. They also LOVE to spring surprise jumps and crouches on you which are kind of hard to see when you can't.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I just hope this game sold well enough to get a game starring Billy, Barry, and Jake. Those three just becoming the most BAMF unofficial Anto-B.O.W force ever.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Calaveron posted:

I can see Jake having a role in a future game, but Billy is dead and buried and Barry is relegated to Mercenaries and maybe the occasional mention.

Then let's do a grassroots campaign and get Dino Crisis 4 starring Billy and Barry. They aren't doing anything else!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What's a good way to grind skill points if you're bad at mercenaries?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

theflyingorc posted:

I thought Piers was lame but I beat Chris's campaign and OH BOY.

Not only did he get LIGHTNING ARM, he died off camera. See you in RE7, Piers!

Did you watch the post credits scene? It's not even RE7 he comes back in.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tremors posted:

That's not Piers.

Welp shows how much I pay attention to things!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Section Z posted:

The tradition of the game not explaining things continues! :pseudo:
On that note, does the QTE option next to Ammo option require you to get breakfree, then turn on that option or something?

It was the same system from RE5 and really should be kind of obvious you don't get infinite ammo when you first start the game fresh though. So you can't really fault it for that.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rocco posted:

ahahahahhahaha WHAT? I can't fault it for that? I can't fault it for something completely unclear to me as a new player?

How would I know what it meant without any context?

Fair enough. All it says is "Enable" or "Disable" infinite ammo. But it should fall into common sense territory that a game involving heavy gun use doesn't give infinite ammo when you first start. I'm in no way trying to say the game doesn't withhold information but in this case it should be kind of obvious.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Bovineicide posted:

Somewhere, there's a goon chomping at the bit for the chance to defend even loving Dead Aim in this thread. People love the Crash Bandicoot sections and the boss fights in 6, so nothing surprises me anymore.

Hey now...I got to fight a trex that redeems every boss fight in the game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Thievery posted:

The end scene of his campaign is just about as goony as anything ever. *Smug text to girl, puts on shades, rides off on motorbike*

He was riding off to join Barry and Billy for a drink. SHUT UP I WANT TO BELIEVE CAPCOM HASN'T FORGOTTEN THEM!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Thievery posted:

Best thing is that there's 2 of them like, a mile away from eachother.

Man don't even get me started on the RE0 geography. It makes no goddamn sense.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I figure the Ada coop is gong to be optional. It doesn't really make sense why if you play the game with a buddy the rest of the way he has to sit out for that chapter.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

citizenlowell posted:

I finished up the game tonight, I've really enjoyed myself. I;m looking forward to playing through again with melee and stamina maxed out, though I think I'll stick to Mercenaries until the December patch that's supposed to make the camera zoom adjustable.

Speaking of that DLC, I don't know how they're going to add co-op to the final campaign. It's clearly meant to be a solo experience and just adding a random dude to it seems like a terrible idea.

My guess is the extra guy is only gonna be around when you want him to be. Makes sense for people who can actually play the entire game coop.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

LackinPants! posted:

I tried rotating it but wait, does using both actually make a difference?

Edit: Good god you're right. Next time I really should read that manu... oh.

Do manuals even cover qte's? It's been ages since I bothered to look at one but I don't remember them covering stuff like that.

And even if they did put the manual in the box it wouldn't have helped you anyway.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Leon's is absolutely hilarious from start to finish. From Zombie Lion to Zombie T-Rex to Zombie Butterfly to Zombie Giant Spider I could not stop laughing.

Related to Leon's boss it's not just a zombie lion. It's a zombie lion with a minigun growing out of its back.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

poptart_fairy posted:

Other games ship with a manual. :v:

People keep saying this but games nowadays usually don't. It sucks yeah but it isn't like this is new. Only difference is RE6 didn't have as comprehensive a tutorial as most games.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Play one all the way through, then be disappointed. Play another one, then be slightly less disappointed. Play the third one and be even less disappointed but still not totally thrilled.

I played through them one at a time and thought it was a fun game. Sure it wasn't quite as goofy as I wanted it to be but I wasn't overly disappointed with it.

Disclaimer: I didn't think Other M was that bad a game so my opinion probably isn't worth much.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Crowetron posted:

A game where one of the bosses is a centaur made of twisted flesh that shoots bones at you with its face then turns into a goddamned Tyrannosaurus wasn't goofy enough for you?

There were no bad guys wearing bathrobes or guys sitting in a security room watching footing in places it makes no sense for cameras to be not to mention the lack of boulders to punch.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

But the Ada coop is optional and people in this thread did nothing but bitch about it :psyduck:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Klaus Kinski posted:

So now that it's down to a reasonable price, is RE6 worth grabbing for drinking couch coop play?

Honestly I thought it was worth it at full price. But I'm apparently a genius because the rope climbing didn't give me trouble like it seemed to have everyone else.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Neo Rasa posted:

Outbreak has a weird history. Like the original Metroid Prime Hunters demo from 2004 it was more a concept than a real idea for a game but it got so much popular steam it ended up having to become a real game. The first game sold really well because it had Resident Evil in the name and they were of course cruising off of great sales of previous titles. The second one didn't do much but is such a great game. Sadly the very botched US release of the first game (Resident Evil: Loading, I still can't believe they pulled the HD support even if almost no one had one) and the low sales of the second killed it.

Shame as it was the last gasp for actual old school RE style gameplay. In this age of cheap HD re-releases though I'm surprised Capcom hasn't dropped either of them as a Live Arcade or PSN title. The online releases supposedly sell pretty well just on name and I doubt too many players outside of the hardcore even remember Outbreak existing.

Did they pull support from the second? I rented the first from blockbuster and installed it to my HD all while playing the sliding block puzzle.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah, you've said that a bunch of times, but can I ask why? I don't get the problem.

Based on reading posts in other threads I just assume he's bad at games but blames the game for his faults.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Vakal posted:

Why did a small, midwestern town need not one, but two full-time SWAT teams in addition to the regular police force?

Raccoon City never really looked like a small town to me. It's always seemed really large.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

blackguy32 posted:

Take it about as seriously as you take the other Resident Evil games. I think the game is decent, but there are quite a few things that bring it down. I dont think I ever cringed other than how corny Jake is.

Jake has to try and live up to his father's history of corny lines though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GUI posted:

The biggest flaws with Resident Evil 6 are that it doesn't teach you how to play it at all and its constant overuse of action setpieces. If it weren't so hyperactive and had a better tutorial it would've been better received since the core gameplay is very good as mercenaries shows.
Hopefully they'll keep this in mind for RE7, but I bet they'll scrap the new combat system and go back to RE4/5's since Revelaitons was better received.

Yeah you notice that in the thread too. There were lots of "This game is terrible" posts and it's actually pretty enjoyable.

Alteisen did you ever finish it?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Geight posted:

Having only played one campaign in RE6 it's flat-out criminal that RE5 outsold it. I hope the PC release shores up enough support that they keep improving the quality of the ports. No GFWL is a godsend, next step is the addition of a PTT key.

I'm really curious about if they really changed things for the PC version of if the console market is just a bunch of negative people. I really enjoyed RE6 when it came out but I remember a vocal majority of this thread being super anti-RE6 for it being bad.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Geight posted:

Our mumble channel is basically my RE6 partner and I laughing and having fun with the game with everyone else just being perplexed at how we could be enjoying it, but as far as I can tell none of them actually played either version of the game. As far as PC amenities goes it controls well with KB+M and looks really nice with high settings.

So it is just a case of gamers being gamers.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Red Mundus posted:

I didn't realize RE6 was so cheap. $40 is pretty good considering the standard of $60 releases.

With that said, is it worth it? I have heard horrible things about this game but an upgraded version of RE5 is tempting if I can slog through the (supposed) bullshit.

It's actually amusing. When the game came out on consoles this thread was full of negative remarks about it and over time they became "you know what? this game was actually kind of fun in an over the top goofy way" and then the PC version came out and the response was "man this is way better than everyone made it sound like it would be." I think the thing is just people didn't notice the paper insert said "Hey go here for a full manual." and didn't know what they were doing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

blackguy32 posted:

If you just want to play through it and are playing the gamecube version, you can do the grenade launcher glitch to give you flame rounds. But that will make the game super easy. Lisa is hardly in the game at all, so don't be too freaked out by her. She is also easily avoided.

I wish I could convince you to skip Zero because I am one of those "It's terrible" people. I don't think the gameplay is awful, but it was around that time that I realized that I was getting sick of the Door loading screens and how much time they add to a playthrough (Play the PC or DS version of a resident evil game and you can save an thirty minutes to an hour off of your time easily by skipping those screens). But the biggest culprit is the inventory. It was completely backwards and adds so much unnecessary time since you have to backtrack for things that you couldn't possibly know you still needed. gently caress the hookshot.

The worst part of RE0 is the geography. The mansion is like 20 feet from the original mansion and next door to the Raccoon lab, yet far enough away you get there by train.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

One of my favorite b-movie hammy bits of RE0 is that Billy B and Wesker are just sitting in a room watching security footage from cameras that have no logical reason for being where they are. I miss Billy B. We need a prequel starring him.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MechaX posted:

All while Wesker was spotting those 90s sunglasses. While in a dark underground Umbrella lab.

Man, no wonder he was Wesker's only friend.

If there's any complaint I have about RE6 it's that it wasn't batshit enough. People always reference Wesker and his global saturization but 0 had a loving Street Fighter character for a main villain, the aforementioned camera scenes, and some of the most non-Euclidean geometry this side of Lovecraft.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Crowetron posted:

Everytime I try to hate RE0, I remember Wesker and Birkin's "No Girls Allowed" clubhouse, the lengthy files about how fuckin' psyched the villain is about his killer monster leeches, the zombie monkeys getting punched right in the goddamn face, and the fact that the primary antagonist ends his dramatic BIG BAD GUY speech by bulging his eyes out and puking leeches everywhere.

I love this crazy series so loving much, you guys :allears:

Exactly! And the boss designs? Oh man are those BAD in RE0. You have Giant Scorpion, Giant Centipede, Giant Bat, Obligatory Tyrant, and Giant Leech.

Granted they weren't much better than RE1. Giant Snake, Giant Shark, Giant Spider, Giant Plant, Obligatory Tyrant.

Actually on second thought most of the RE Bosses are Syfy original movies now aren't they?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Wanderer posted:

It didn't. There's a file on the train that mentions the Stinger was something that the Umbrella employees on the train brought with them. It's an escaped experiment.

I have a soft spot for RE0, but that's because I wrote about it for a magazine back in the day and it has little or nothing to do with the game.

I didn't see any Giant Scorpion sized holding cells in that train :colbert:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I was about to ask "Is RE:R really worth $50?" But according to my 3DS I have over 30 hours into the thing so I would say yes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Is Operation Raccoon City worth it if I can get it 70% off? I heard it was plagued with problems at launch and I'm wondering if those issues were fixed and if it'd be worth buying at that price.

If it's the PC version can you post where you're getting it at that price? I've been wanting to get it for me and a friend.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Operation Raccoon City is $13 for game + all DLC on steam right now. loving steam. Stealing all my money with it's good deals.

Len fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cyra posted:

I stayed away from ORC due to bad word of mouth but then I ended up being one of those weird fuckers that adores RE 6 so for $13 gently caress it, I'm in.

It's really not all that bad. It's not really a good game but it's quite a bit of fun. I got my money out of it for sure on 360 before my live expired. I never got to play any of the DLC stuff though so that's all new. I posted in the RE Steam thread a bit ago so you can all hit me up on steam and I'm game for some rounds.