Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

WASDF posted:

Does anyone have a completed save file for Resident Evil 5 on the PC? I'm trying to capture some footage from the late game but my furthest save is in 1-4 and it would take a lot of time to play through the whole game again just to film a little bit.

I thought you couldn't transfer GFWL save games because they're encrypted and locked to the OS. I remember trying with other GFWL games and it did not work sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

RocketDarkness posted:

Between Resident Evil 6 and Revelations, I've been on a pretty long RE kick. Ended up ordering a few of the Deck Building Game sets to try out with friends this weekend. We all love Dominion, so I'm sure this one will receive a warm welcome. Especially since it provides plenty of excuses to quip classic RE dialog at each other.

The box picture makes it look like Chris is using the RPG like a bat.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Snix posted:

I'd go as far as to call REmake a survival horror masterpiece. It's old-skool tank-control horror at its absolute finest. It's a shame there isn't a market for that anymore.

The controls are part of the problem. I have no issues with the difficulty but not being able to control yourself and run into zombies because the controls suck I have issues with. Also not being able to manually aim and just hope a headshot goes through.

If they made a new REmake that's 3D with RE4 controls but with the same rules of the original REmake for GC I'd be totally on board.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

If they did this then you would be able to effortlessly headshot every zombie and never seen a Crimson Head ever though.

Well they could make it so headshots do more damage but don't necessarily make a head explode so there is a level of uncertainty with that. It just makes ammo conservation better because now you can target and use ammo efficiently when you have to kill a zombie.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
Just beat Revelations and... disappointed. I have no idea where the RE games are going anymore because it isn't anywhere exciting. Chris and Jill were so stale throughout and I could have cared less for the story. It feels so distant from what made the originals interesting.

As for the end, you see Chris and Jill going into a mansion... What the hell does that mean? RE remake dlc or something?

Also does no one play raid mode on pc?

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

I was the opposite. But im a weirdo that like Resident Evil 5 and dislikes RE 6. I thought Revelations was great at mixing old style horror with the new more combat heavy style.

But let's not forget that it was a 3ds game first and foremost which makes it mind boggling why they charged $50 for it.

I did like RE5 (haven't played 6 yet). I did like the combination of old horror and new combat but it just felt like a disconnect with previous characters and plot of the old games. Plus it took itself too seriously with not much over the top stuff like RE5. Maybe it could have been that 3Ds porting that did it.

And I really wish they did the DLC for the pc version of RE5 because I would have liked to play that flashback. And play as Barry and Rebecca.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

I played through on normal, and after the first boss fight, every thing pretty much was a cakewalk.

The first boss is not a cakewalk when you only have the pistol and run out of ammo. I went back to grab a shotgun and sniper rifle then it was a cakewalk.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
Wait the Ultimate HD version doesn't have Specular highlights and DOF? What the hell?

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
glad I'm waiting for it to go on sale then :).

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Lunethex posted:

I was about to post something about a really old video.

Then I found this. Answer is yes :)

Thats on X-Box. I wish they'd just release it for PC. There's really no point for them not to.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
There was no one online playing the steam version of raid mode so I just gave up on trying to play it. It just seemed like SP missions with swarms of enemies that's all...

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
Yay I want another game with Barry. Though I'm not a fan with the direction the games have gone after RE4. Not so interesting and Revelation's plot was pretty dumb.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
Revelations is pretty bad. It feels like a 3DS game because it's a port and it has a painfully lame plot. Haven't played 6 so I don't know.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

mirarant posted:

Jill sure has become a lot more.. bouncy.

She had jiggle physics back in 2002. I guess it's more noticeable now because it's 1080p.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Convex posted:

Seems that PEGI added RE5: Gold Edition for PC to their classification database

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=45155#searchresults

Hopefully I can finally ditch my PS3 version :)

wow I thought pc would never get the dlc. I've lost my interest in playing that dlc now though since I saw a lets play of it recently.

GoldenNugget fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
Still kind of pissed that consoles have had this dlc for 5 years or so already. I'll pick it up when it's a buck or two.