Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

"I dont fully understand football contracts but you can just be outright cut if you're shit right? With no penalties? Hockey needs that."

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Need to know on RE6: only touch with the longest stick available to you and only then if you're a long term hardcore fan that needs to know where the plot is going. And even then...

Just gonna throw this in here too as I'm sure its been mentioned but an outfit called Invader Games out of Italy is doing a proper RE2 remake. Click the content button there to see some videos. Open alpha was supposed to be out by now but there was a snag, hopefully wont be too much longer. Hollywood churning out 2000 remakes a second, but in the video game world where original content is arguably even worse and we are in more dire need of quality remakes, they are few and far between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

"I dont fully understand football contracts but you can just be outright cut if you're shit right? With no penalties? Hockey needs that."

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Lamprey Cannon posted:

This just popped up on the Facebook Resident Evil page.

Since been updated with another post seemingly indicating this may finally be happening. I don't really care which way they do it, I guess traditional would be best because it couldn't possibly be faithful with the modern style. The only good thing about it not being done until now is they cant just take the 2002 version and repolish and repackage it like RE1. They better not just be loving around with us.

There is an independent group called Invader games, I believe they are Italian, they are already working on a remake and you can try the alpha, its worth a look.

I used to have a FF lid cover on my old PS, "commemorating the playstation chapter of the FF saga" I peeled it off and stuck it on my desk when I sold it. Its still there at my parents place.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's 20-loving-15 can't game designers risk giving a female character pants? Tactical armor with gaping holes (in a spot where you have veins that will bleed you out in seconds, no less) looks silly and has always looked silly.

Dignify women? Impossibru!

Also 6 was garbage. Total garbage. And for the record 3 is garbage in comparison to 2. 5 was wildly underrated. I'm very serious about all of this

codo27 fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 2, 2015

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Southern Heel posted:

If anyone is interested in playing thru RE5 on PC via co-op, I'd be much obliged - I've read it's much better with a human partner than AI and I'm sure there can't be much of a market of drop-in co-op at this late stage of the game! My steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/eyherst

Can you cross play between steam and origin?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

I got stuck relatively early in Evil Within when I ran out of bullets. Too used to the new games, man, Rambo my way through.

Legitimately thinking I will be too scared to play 7, especially in VR though I have no intentions of jumping on that bandwagon any time soon.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

catlord posted:

Edit: ^^ Interesting, wasn't the last time the series went first-person the Survivor games?

It cant possibly be that bad.

Apparently its set in modern day after RE6, figured it would be back around or even before 1 given the sort of artifacts seen in the trailer. Says "rural America" (see link above), maybe its some kinda Texas Chainsaw Massacre locale.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

widespread posted:

Main guy better be a Leatherface clone if this is the case. Like, we had chainsaw guys as regular mooks right? Well what if we had one be the bad guy for the game?

You know I didn't even think about the potato sack heads when I wrote that. I've been around forever so when I first saw trailers for 4 I was like nope, dont like it, too big a departure (even though 3 was meh for me and CV was even bigger meh, that I still have never beaten) and then of course it turned out to be the best game of its era. Pending reaction to the demo I'm gonna have to go to my brothers' tomorrow and try it out.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Lunethex posted:

RE is not a 'cabin in the woods' game.

The link posted on the last page mentions its a "sprawling mansion" or estate, sprawling was used. But the footage makes it look like a little poo poo shack. If there is no attachment to the existing story then I will likely forego the inevitable nightmares and, yes, heart attacks involved if the entire game plays out the way the trailer suggests.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

5 is wildly underrated. Its just the choice of voice actor for Wesker was the single biggest blunder in video games since ET for the Atari. Ah, there you ahh!

Just played the demo with the lights off on my brothers 65" 4K TV. I'm definitely gonna be too much of a little sissy bitch to try and play this through. And I cant see any way at all to tie this to the franchise lore. Okay lore is far too grand a word to describe any Japanese made game the RE story but you get what I mean. I hope this doesn't end up being a case of having a great original idea and just slapping a popular franchise title on it to make it sell.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 14, 2016

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

StandardVC10 posted:

Man I've been out of the loop, what the heck is PT? Does it even stand for anything?

Just search P.T. Its Playable Teaser, same sort of idea, creepy poo poo in first person.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Serious Frolicking posted:

re6 had more bad than good, but the melee combat was amazing.

Yes melee combat of which there should be none when facing toxic flesh eating hellspawn

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

American Chris punching rocks just reminds me of Superhero America from Zunzunkyou No Yabou. Sorry I dont know how to link to a certain part within a page. Everyone should read that and then weep and lament for when front page SA had anything any good.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

MinibarMatchman posted:

including a reference to an old character return but I saw nothing yet.

Source? If theres a page out there with all the complete info I wanna see it cause I probably wont play through it again or at least not soon.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

I'm all over the fuckin place, I hate myself for not finishing Witcher 3, I just started playthroughs in Morrowind and Skyrim but I think I'm gonna start streaming some RE5 in a bit when its done downloading. Time to punch some boulders.

edit: Live!

codo27 fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jun 15, 2016

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Lunethex posted:

How do you feel about pineapple on pizza?

I dont like when people act like there are toppings other than pepperoni and bacon (and maybe a few other meats)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Someone wanna tell me whats said in the third phone message?. I looked up a couple videos but they both just said the same thing, you have a choice...

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

If you are frustrated by the lack of action, come watch me go nuts in RE5 with unlimited ammo OP weapons!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Oh hell, not that loving OST again.
Sigh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

Yeah whatever, thats from Ghouls n' Ghosts. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but if you wanna have fun, get RE1 for PC. All the audio files are just WAVs that sit right in the directory, which means you can easily record and overwrite them with your own goony nonsense. This could be a comedy goldmine, I wish I still had the video of the version we did of the opening sequence inside the mansion years ago. Zombies saying "yummy!" when they bite you and bullet sounds replaced with spoken "kablammo!"

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Really not interested in paying $79.99 CAD for a single player game. $58 on G2A is much more digestible but how legit is it?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Ugh

Like, RE is a big deal to me, I started out on 2 and its still my favorite game and I've spent a lot of time on the main numbered installments over the years. I'm a little sissy bitch though and the demo honestly was almost too creepy for me to play and I'm hoping the whole game eases up on the creepiness a little (gently caress VR). I wanna say I'll wait for it to go on sale but gently caress. If the reviews are glowing I dont want to wait and be left behind either. And whats an extra ~$20 I guess when I spent $100 a week on beer.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

What do you guys know about Play Anywhere between PC and XBone? I have PC and the misses has the Xbox, I plan on playing it with her around and would be cool if I could play when I'm visiting her later this week

also holy gently caress man

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Finally some gameplay footage of the RE2 remake

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

All along I wanted nothing but a graphics update paired with a completely faithful retelling of the original but I like the creative license they've been granted.. So far

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

bango skank posted:

what the gently caress does "resident evil" even mean, is it like "evil lives here" or something?

Final Fantasy. Dark souls. Name me up a game by a Japanese company with a sensible name

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Speaking of guides, anyone else own the Versus Books guide for RE2 years ago? I let it go when I sold off all my psx stuff as a kid but got it again on eBay years ago. Any die hard fan of the game should give it a read if they can get their hands on it.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

That is because prima is complete trash, like bradygames, but the Versus books, while limited (and unofficial) were awesome. They made a FF7 guide too.

I just remember the big listing of items, some not in the final game. Ones description was "only Shinji Mikami knows what this was for" and that always unsettled me for no good reason

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Try and limit the derail here but the Brady games ff9 one I had was about as thick as the games manual because all the content was actually online and you had to go to their site and enter codes from the book for the corresponding section and yeah complete disaster.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

The true horror

Staying with gfs people and they actually have wonderful fibreop internet here. Too bad the retarded motherfuckers who installed it mounted the loving router UNDER THE STAIRS. So on 150mbps download connection the best I can muster here in this room is half a meg per.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

I read the first half of that document about RE1.5. What an interesting throwback to the early days of the internet and also a reminder of how sad and pathetic it was (but still better than today)

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

As far as the soundtrack, the main thing is that Escape From Laboratory is still intact and unchanged for the remake. Used that as my ringtone for a while but it was too intense.

https://youtu.be/lZSojT3vLsg

codo27 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 20, 2018

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Its funny I scurried to link it from my phone after posting it and I originally pasted it in with that dubbed over, but found a version without.

I fired up RE0 last night as I never did play it, and my god its just too painful running on my laptop with an old GT630. Seemed half okay with everything turned down, til I went upstairs. Just cant do it. I wonder if Revelations would be any better, that was some kinda handheld game wasn't it?

codo27 fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 21, 2018

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

I just wanna say that RE5 is a really great game. 6 however is total garbonzo

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Aces High posted:

But RE5 also has DC Douglas going full ham as Wesker, that puts it a few notches higher

Ahh! there you ahhh!
The worst part of an otherwise great game that gets a bad rap cause it's not an exact copy of 4

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Vikar Jerome posted:

mgsv is a masterpiece.

Of course, all masterpieces feature 3 to 4 unique missions, rehashed over and over a million times. What an awful game that was.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

You think it maybe has something to do with that they were trying to capture some of that B (c?) slasher movie magic that absolutely nothing adds up or makes sense?

All I know is I'm the most excited I've been about RE since 5 came out

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

I only beat RE once as a kid, I actually got it after RE2, it was the Directors Cut. I dont really remember gently caress all about it. Beyond the encounter with the first zombie I dont really know where to go. We're away from our house for work and all I have is this laptop who's GPU grinds to a halt trying to play RE0, but gf has Gamepass on Xbone. RE0, 1 and 6 are available. So I'm downloading REmake now and am gonna go back in semi-blind cause I'm fuckin itching for some Resident Evil.

Itchy. Tasty

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Status report on REmake: pick the hardest of the 3 options (cause I'm just off Dark Souls so ya know) and get killed by the first zombie tying to kill him with the knife (incorrectly remembering they beefed it up like 4+ for the remake).

This is gonna be fun

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

I was just thinking about how knife only runs were a thing and how insane it is.

On yellow caution > get grabbed > use dagger > get grabbed again > well I'm not worried cause that last grab I used the dagger so it couldn't have hurt > dead

I just can't believe that as a 12-13 year old kid I wasn't creeped out by this at all but as a 30 year old man I was kinda glad to die so I could stop playing for the night. Too intense man

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

I've never beaten CV. Rented it on PS2 once but after RE3 that same old formula.. It was just worn out for me. But then I watched Weskers Report last night and there's all these clearly important scenes I'm missing so I'm gonna have to go back and do it too.

5>6 all day every day. And no one has to justify their love of 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I Am Marc Bergevin IRL

Sales don't verify anything but sales. I love 5, more than most people do, but it's not as good as 4. I can't believe people in this thread are defending 6 much less say it's better than its 2 prequels. You must be infected with the T virus