Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I played RE5 for the first time ever in co-op last week and had a blast. My friend and I started RE6 tonight and it feels really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, we did. Do the other campaigns play differently? I just thought it was weird I started with like five guns and the new herb system is kind of confusing and I miss vaulting over everything.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the key to enjoying re6 is learning the melee system, which is never explained in-game. it's a more complex version of 5's melee system, in that you mostly stun enemies and follow the on-screen prompts to bust out sick wrestling moves on monsters. the difference from 5 is that your equippable melee weapon can cause those stuns, so you can hit them in melee and follow up with finishers without bothering with guns. there are also counters, but the timing is quite tight and i was never very good with them.

What's the best way to stun the enemies? The knife?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's so funny that they added tripping over Zombies to RE6 lmao

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang, it is criminal that Chris' partner in RE6 is this mayo rear end cracker rear end white boy instead of Sheva, Jill or Josh :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Neither of us know anything about the other campaigns other than who the main character is, so I think my buddy and I were both expecting it to be Jill and were really surprised when we hit a cutscene in Leon's campaign and met Chris and that Jabroni. I'm curious who Ada's parter is, now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

lol you guys weren't kidding when you said the Ada campaign was pretty half-baked for co-op. This is incredibly low effort.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

To anyone else who bought a deluxe edition key from a 3rd party retailer: when you enter your code into Steam is there any indication that it's the deluxe version? I bought the deluxe from GMG but nothing in the Steam entry for the game says its anything but normal.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What actress does Claire remind me of? She looks really familiar.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

CuddleCryptid posted:

Difficulty isn't the issue, I am beating the game. It's just bad game design and handicaps the whole thing.

It's actually good game design.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

To get the infinite Ammo pistol do you have to beat both A and B campaigns with an S, or just one of them?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Any of Leon's or Claire's playthroughes, 2nd runs have shorter times.

Standard is samurai edge unlimited
Hardcore is machine gun unlimited

So if I do it in under 2:30 on Standard with Leon, I'll have the unlimited SE in my box on every playthrough (character and path) going forward?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

drat, Claire kicks rear end. The beginning of the second to last boss on her A playthough is righteous.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Hard disagree. Especially compared to Claire's weaponry, Leon feels a lot more complete. Great spray and pray, spread damage, boss gun, and pistol. But for 90% of zombos I never tried to purposely kill them until their head exploded, and I was generally brimming with ammo. I even had magnum rounds left over after the final boss.

The grenade launcher is the best gun in the game, though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

Hmm, not sure what to do in my 3rd playthrough. Leon A, I was trying to do it without the item box so far but it's starting to be a bit of a pain so thinking about giving that up and doing it another time. However I am about to grab the club key and currently the timer is just over an hour so I reckon I might be able to speed to the end in 3:30 and get the S rank so I can get the infinite pistol.

Just rush the inventory stuff and you'll be fine. I just finished it in my Claire A playthough. It's a good excuse to get the No Healing run out of the way too.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Between all the playthroughs, do you only have to shoot each bobblehead once? I can't find the one in the first Subway control room, but I think I shot it before starting over on a new save.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does anyone else have issues with certain textures (the floor, door and chairs in the Hospital) flickering like crazy?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just finished this on a 100% collectible, no item box, no healing run. Pretty fun, but I was disappointed at how little you interact with Nemesis other than the boss fights. I feel like Mr. X chased you way more.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Best method to gain points for the shop?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is the second handgun just objectively better than the first? Seems like it does more damage and shoots faster.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Armitag3 posted:

Drunk guy in Luiza's house cutscene hamming it up reminded me of Vincent DiNofrio which I thought was pretty funny.

Within the first like ~2 hours of the game I met one character who clearly recieved voice direction to sound like Keanu, and another who clearly was told to sound like Nick Cage lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Finished it on Standard getting all goats, outhouses and documents. I loved it, but I have no idea how you're supposed to do some of these bosses on the harder difficulties. There's no dodge command I'm missing right? I basically just had to tank their attacks and out attrition them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I wonder if they expect most people to beat VoS mode on a fresh save. IDK if there's even enough ammo in the game lol