Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Alright! Nice to see a new thread what with the announcement of RE6 and Revelations/ORC coming in a couple months time.

Speaking of ORC, the achievements for it just came out. S Rank PLUS?! :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

OK Octopus posted:

I absolutely know this won't be the case, but I so badly want that to be Hunk in the RE6 trailer. It's going to wind up being some lame rear end original character thrown into the mix and you all know it. :(

Well yeah, Hunk's like some angry sounding grizzled blonde guy or something from what I've seen. Don't worry, I'm certain he'll be in whatever kind of mini-game they cook up for RE6.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

RE6 has been in development for 2 years, will have demo, other stuff too

Captain Seafart posted:

Do we know if Operation Raccoon City will have co-op? To clarify, I'm talking about the kind of co-op where you player the main game together as opposed to playing a separate multi-player game mode (such as horde mode).

Last time I checked it has 1-4 player online campaign co-op.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Vakal posted:

I like the licker shirt since unless you knew what you were looking at, it would mean nothing to most people. But it is still a distinct RE design unlike the groping hands shirt.

The zombie hands t-shirt is from the Japanese/European cover of Resident Evil Outbreak.

I always really liked this box art. Kind of sad they went with generic gun for the USA one.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I always found it nice to see that when a lot of people look back at Outbreak it's generally "well it wasn't so bad". The thing was way ahead of its time to work and be damned if Capcom was going to listen. If Capcom gave them the RE4/CVX "HD Remastering" treatment I'd gladly plunk down $20-30 for them (as long as they had the online play)

The very first scenario in File #1 is, to me, one of the highest moments of the classic RE style.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'll always remember RE0 because of Wesker and Birkin having the lamest Saturday night known to Man.

"Hey you wanna come over to my underground lab place and huddle around a little computer watching a dude in a dress laugh at us?"
"DO I!?"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Wesker just wants a friend :smith:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I dunno Wesker seemed pretty dismissive towards everyone but Chris in RE5. He seemed to enjoy hanging out with Birkin at least, well enough that he was willing to kill a whole evening watching Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen dick around a mansion for an evening with him.

Was Not-Buscemi even ever in a scene with Wesker? I've beaten RE5 like 4 times and I can't remember.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I think the Spec Ops dudes are the villains of ORC. Like I know that's kinda funny to say when the protagonists of the game are cop killing corporate thugs but that's what's going on I believe.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, they're also the other team you can play as in the competitive multiplayer, as I understand it, though I thought there was some other group for that as well. I don't know, maybe that was just preliminary stuff that had three different teams.

There are three teams but only two are playable. The monsters that randomly attack the other two teams are the third team. Yeah it's weird.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Eurogamer gave their new Resident Evil: Revelations review today

The comment about the voice acting was something alright :stare:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Kevin was Tom Cruise in a Resident Evil game and that kicked rear end. He was also like one of two characters in the franchise who understood the concept of actually taking your time to aim at enemies.

His competence is what lead to STARS passing him over for membership.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's a modern Resident Evil game, so it probably doesn't even really need a second analog stick. There's no simultaneous move/shoot functionality in Revelations right? Like in a game such as Operation Raccoon City it'd be necessary but if Revelations is another RE4/5 stand-and-shoot affair then you'd be fine with just the one circle pad.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Capcom: Resident Evil Revelations now $39.99

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

First 10 minutes of ORC's first mission. its really 9 but "first 10" is a popular game journalism "thing" sooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0rEq2bF3yw&hd=1

It's actually kind of boring because it's the first mission and they, for some reason, decided not to introduce BOW's at that point. So it's just HUNK and his merry band of cosplayers gunning down UBCS and Government soldiers at Birkin's Lab. Yeah for some reason the game opens with that.

I noticed that the team squad powers activated a few times, what with the incendiary rounds and all. Got a good laugh out of that bug where HUNK rushed into a room and his mini-cutscene had him ending standing at the ready with an idle UBCS troop directly in front of him. Overall this would just seem more exciting if they were actually fighting zombies and stuff instead of faceless mooks, I mean I appreciate HUNK and RE history and all that but come on, level one should have a lot of zombies to shoot! Then again it's only 10 minutes so maybe when they get up that funicular (thanks DX: Human Revolution!) they fight zombies.

The characters in ORC talk a lot too, they're all just going back and forth like whatever. "Hey guys we're kind of in a life threatening situation but WHOA check out THAT crazy poo poo!". I think I'm a broken human being though, I recognized who the hell HUNK's talking to at the end of the video (like in who they're supposed to be). God drat you RE rail shooters.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh, well poo poo, hey Dan Didio I think you were right about the Spec Ops in Operation Raccoon City.

20 new achievements/trophies added to ORC with the "Echo Six Expansion Pack" DLC

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, I thought it was a typo too because Capcom seems intent on saying "Hey ORC's in 1998"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

SnakesRevenge posted:

I remember them :smugbert:

drat it! I spent like five minutes trying to figure out how to put KNIFE. GUN. KNIFEGUN into a Resident Evil quote and then you went and posted with that avatar :argh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Well I don't think CQC would work against Tyrants.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I've noticed Resident Evil likes to have a lot of those "fake ad" commercials for their products, such as the movies.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Wesker/Jill fight on Professional is mindblowingly awful, Sheva just constantly dies.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So Capcom of Japan dated ORC over there, it's coming in April. Something I noticed though.

Japan gets a (slightly) less stupid cover.

Fraction posted:

Can you get the older games on Xbox 360?

I have RE5 and enjoyed that enough to want to play the older ones, but I can't seem to find most of them. I have a wii too but the controls on the wii are just terrible in general and I've only played Xbox since last summer so :effort:

On 360? Nope. The Wii has access to most of the franchise though, thanks to the GameCube support.

You can get Zero and REmake (1) on Wii itself and RE2, 3, and CVX on GameCube. You can play the Wii ones with a Classic Controller I think and the GameCube ones with a GameCube controller if you don't like the Wiimote.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

OH! I forgot that Wii also has the best version of RE4.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's probably something to do with wacky Japanese censorship laws and the zombie on the cover of the Western box.

From the OP

I kind of like the Japanese one more. The US one kind of looks like everyone got together to pose for the box art and the zombie rushed in to photobomb it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I remember being so surprised in Dino Crisis when the raptors start pulling a Nemesis and following you into rooms. Like I think that was a thing in DC1.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

When I did that fight on Professional with the AI, I did it in a decidedly more funny way. I gave Sheva an infinite ammo Handcannon then let her do her stupid AI while I ran at Jill and then proceeded to run circles around her as she vainly tried to turn about face to look and shoot at me. Of course at the same time, Wesker is always trying to zero in on Chris.

The funny part is that Sheva will attack Wesker if she ever gets a clear shot, so what I just did was run in circles around Jill while she and Wesker failed to hit me and occasionally Sheva would score a shot in the back which dealt enough damage to rush in and do the melee QTE.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I can never get that knife to loving work in CV. Half the time the zombies just walk through unfazed and bite me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'd like to see Steve in like an abandoned Umbrella lab basement, like not even as a monster but in like a broken down test tube located in some incredibly out of the way location hidden behind some monsters. And Chris/Leon/Maybe-Wesker would be like "Huh I guess they forgot about him"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey, check it out. Trophy list for RE: The Umbrella Chronicles HD

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Some new tidbits about RE6

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It'll probably be like the RE4/CVX thing, so yeah I'd bet $15 for both Darkside and Umbrella Chronicles.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Alteisen posted:

15 for both? Are you insane? This is Capcom, they'll charge you 20 for each.

Oh, sorry I meant that for both of them. But yeah they're gonna charge you full price.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I blew over a hundred bucks on Move only to find that I get violently motion sick when I try to play a light gun game with a pointer. :( I'd sell all my Move stuff and then some to get a modern working GunCon for PS3.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Speaking of ORC, Capcom just released a new trailer for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adoSULz-SwM&hd=1

The music makes me laugh. It's just trying SO HARD.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I've seen some footage that you can apparently toss the zombie cover, so like if a guy gets too close you can throw the zombie at him. I guess it's also easier to move with a "living" creature instead of dead weight.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Operation Raccoon City is getting launch day DLC and its exclusive to 360. The upside? You apparently get to control Nemesis :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckOSVEIOX7k&hd=1

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEvQlxSMvIs&hd=1

Resident Evil: Chronicles HD coming this June to PS3 as a PSN exclusive.

They're bundling both of them at launch, but later down the line they'll sell them separately.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Really. Would you have expected any less from Capcom? I just laugh and laugh at this point. Maybe you find the choice of music as fitting as I do.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Momomo posted:

I feel dumb for not getting what this picture is showing :(

It's the 360 copy of Operation Raccoon City, the focused folder is the Echo Six expansion pack DLC already on disc (it could be Nemesis though)

I know the logic and the reasoning and whatever behind it. It just makes me laugh is all. Not quite sure why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

I think there's a full ORC thread somewhere, possibly even linked in the OP. I'd recommend trading gamertags and PSN ID's there. If not, feel free to add put them here, but I won't be adding anything to the OP about it as this is the series megathread, not the ORC thread.

There isn't an ORC thread yet. I actually wrote one but hadn't gotten around to finding pictures and the like due to the Vita thread taking all my time, but I might get around to finishing it before ORC drops.

If I gently caress that up somehow, I guess everyone can trade gamertags/PSN IDs here.