Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

DO IT TO IT posted:

What's the general consensus on the 2 RE5 DLC campaigns? I mean the one with Josh and Jill and then the one that's in the mansion(?) or something. Are either of them worth picking up?

Yeah they're both good and worth picking up. Lost in Nightmares is a great throwback to RE1 and Desperate Escape is much longer and has a lot more action. I played both of them co-op several times and had a great time.

Warning: Desperate Escape on Professional difficulty is a nightmare and it took us forever to beat but at the same time it was refreshing to have a decent challenge in a video game for once since most of RE5 was a cakewalk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Seamonster posted:

Just played a bunch of RE2 (Claire A) last night after the superbowl and its amazing how much of the game requires heads up inventory management, not just in terms of conserving blah blah blah, but actually having the right item in your inventory ar the right time, every time. Every stop at an item chest is critical if you're running for time. I guess it alot of people got bored of memorizing routes and puzzles and that item chest sort of gameplay but I totally loved it.

Last time I played RE2 on the PSX itself was a farewell run of sorts: a 12 hour blast through all 4 "games," unlocking all 3 weapons and Hunk. None of the individual clear times were spectacular but I'm not sure if anyone has ever done anything quite like back to back to back to back playthroughs.

Do speed runs get you anything in RE2?

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Blazing Ownager posted:

In short I think RE6 will be the moment the series transitions from survival horror to Max Payne. Not that it doesn't look fun anyway but I think if you're hoping for horror or being alone, you're out of luck.

It looks to me like the Leon sections are more dedicated to being alone and being scary (hopefully with limited ammo and a little more old-school survival horror) and the Chris sections are gonna be Gears of War. Yeah I saw Leon sliding and shooting while lying on his back but that doesn't mean his sections can't be scary and have a slower pace.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Welp, gonna wait on RE6.

I pulled out RE5 today and ran some Mercenaries just for fun. It took a handful of tries but I can still get 100K on Public Assembly with Midnight Wesker.

Does anyone know what Sheva's best melee attack is? Is it Throat Slit? If so that sucks because it's not easy to do consistently and it requires running behind majini which means running right into other majini a lot of the time.

Impale is always an instant kill but it takes forever to recover from it so I'm trying to find other, more efficient ways to keep my combo going after taking out all the time bonuses.

Is there maybe a guide somewhere that shows the most efficient ways to kill majini with each character? Part of me wants to try and get at least an A rank with every character on the first few maps just for fun.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

ImpAtom posted:

Just run past them. Don't try to turn or anything, just run and mash the button once you get into Throat Slit position.

I know that all I have to do is run past them. The problem is that a large percentage of the time there are more majini behind the stunned majini I'm trying to throat slit which makes doing a throat slit really risky.

NESguerilla posted:

You know that video isn't RE6 right?

Yes I do and that's why I said I'm gonna wait for RE6 instead!

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Sultan Tarquin posted:

It's like people are plain forgetting that Capcom does this poo poo every single time.

It's still a lovely thing to do.

I think some people forget that DLC stands for DownLoadable Content. "DLC" that is already on the disc isn't Downloadable. It's just locking up certain features of the game that can only be "unlocked" by giving Capcom extra money on top of the retail price of the game and downloading a 100 kilobyte key to unlock whatever content.

You know, instead of just giving us customers all the content that was developed for the final version of the game for the retail price of the full game when the full game is released. At the very least can we actually download the downloadable content?

We should all start an internet-wide campaign of continually referring to on-disc "DLC" as "pay-unlockable content" or something else instead of "downloadable" just to make the point that it's not really downloadable and is really a thinly-veiled way of milking extra money out of consumers.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Risky posted:

Why does it take an entire magazine dump to kill one loving zombie???

Are you aiming for the head?

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Mogomra posted:

Here's the trailer without subtitles if anyone cares.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOCB2mDz5ps

I was actually hoping it was HUNK. Wesker Jr. is just as zany I guess. No one can tell me they didn't automatically assume it was Sherry with that guy in the other trailer though.

I assumed it was Ashley and so did a lot of other people. Sherry makes more sense though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

So was that villain woman in the new trailer Ada? The one with the scarf and the spike grenade and all that? I had to watch the trailer a few times because at first I had no idea who she was and then one of my friends asked if it was Ada and I didn't know. I still can't tell. Not even by her voice.