Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I finally got around to playing RE2 over the last week and it is very good. After the 2nd run is it worth playing the game again with the alternate character order?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
It sounds like something I'll do when I want to revisit the game rather than straight after the 2nd run then.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
So despite me questioning whether it was worth doing I ended up playing Resident Evil 2 again with the characters in the reverse order because the game is so good and I wanted to see if I could get a better time than the first time I played. I did ok but making my way back to the parking garage only to realise I'd left the machine part in the clock tower after doing the gear puzzle was slightly frustrating.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Aside from Kimono Man of Leeches and the general train segment, I don't remember a goddamned thing about 0, and I beat it.

I remember the giant frog enemy which could insta kill you because they really annoyed me when I played it.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Night10194 posted:

That first village section in RE4 is so, so good. Just immediately gets you right into what RE4 is going to be like in the best way.

Whenever I play Resident Evil 4 I run laps around the village away from all the enemies until the church bell rings which probably isn't the most fun way to do it but it's what I've always done.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 but I've only ever played it once and that was with a friend. I suspect if I ever went back and played it again by myself I'd like it a lot less.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I replayed Resident Evil 4 last month and it still holds up so well that a remake seems unnecessary compared to something like CV. That said I would almost certainly buy a 4 remake anyway so Capcom knows what it's doing.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
It's funny how being able to drop items wherever was a big and exciting things when 0 was being marketed and it just ended up being worse than the item box system it replaced.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

NikkolasKing posted:

I think the only kinda major flaw RE4 has is that it goes on a bit too long. Its length does it credit but would anyone deny the Village and Castle are way, way better than the Island? The Village has the best horror atmosphere and the Castle has the best cheesy RE4 flavor. The island has Regenerators and Krauser and Back Up, all of which rule, but that's about it.

EDIT:
I forgot Laser Hallway and Leon on Saddler's throne. Those were great, too.

Oven Man is pretty memorable too.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I used the Killer 7 on my last play through because I forgot to get the free Broken Butterfly and it felt wrong paying for it. I feel like if you don't realise how good the tmp is by playing the main game then mercenaries teaches you that by having it be a crucial part of some characters kits.

A weapon I like but may not be that good is the Matilda where it's so easy to waste ammo.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm currently playing through Rev 2 and am really enjoying it.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Having just beaten Revelations 2 I'm confident in saying that the glasps (the invisible flying enemies with an insta-kill) are my least favourite Resident Evil enemy. They're not difficult to deal with but they are frustrating.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm in the mood to play Resident Evil 5 but have never played it solo before. What weapons and instructions am I best giving to the ai partner?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I enjoyed the Resident Evil 3 remake and liked how breezy it felt. If I had bought it day one for full price then I probably would have felt differently but going in knowing it was a shorter game and getting it on sale left me happy with it.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm playing Resident Evil remake for the first time in over a decade and it is hard. I am definitely not playing it optimally and shooting almost every zombie I see is definitely going to comeback to bite me.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I was playing remake last week and it's really not as hard or fiddly as it looks and you can always go for a lower difficulty setting. If you're on the fence about playing it then I'd recommend giving it a shot.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

pooch516 posted:

I'm replaying REmake for the first time since about 10 years ago and I actually got surprised by the crimson heads because I didn't realize how early in the game they come up. I could have sworn the GameCube release had them tied to getting the four masks and unchaining the casket in the basement. Is that something that changed in the HD ports?

I thought this as well when replaying REmake earlier this year and was surprised when they started showing up sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I'm in the Krauser fight just after he transforms and you fall down into another room. I'm one hit away from death and I'm out of knives, Krauser attacks in a corridor in a way you can't seem to avoid and with no knife I can't parry.

My last manual save was a long time ago...