Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Peewi posted:

I guess mouse & keyboard players can just get hosed. There's no "walk slow" button.

It's not a huge deal, I still finished the game just shooting lickers, but if there's an actual gameplay reason to move slowly it'd be nice to be able to.

I think by "walk slow" he just means regular walking. I've been playing mouse and keyboard and getting past them just fine as long as I'm not sprinting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

man nurse posted:

I thought the Mr X implementation was brilliant. He pressures you into making hard choices or mistakes.

Started playing Claire's storyline after only beating Leon's when the remake came out. Forgot that a bunch of new enemies are added to rooms you already cleared beforehand once you get back from the sewers and Mr. X shows up for the first time. Ran through a room that had a new licker in it, panicked since it went aggro on me, turned around and ran, heard Stompy coming for me the way I originally came, tried running back through the licker room, immediately either punched or licked to death. Last save was an hour ago, gently caress, Alt + F4.

Not sure there's been an enemy in any game I've played recently that feels as oppressive as Mr. X. I love his design and hate him at the same time.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

I've found myself to be physically incapable of playing DMC5 for extended periods because trying to find a comfortable setup with those controls is a nightmare.

The sections with V are the worst offenders. I had to keep taking breaks because something about his combat style with the default controls would give me hand cramps after about ten minutes.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Ok, but I still want Nemesis to punch me in the back of the head while I'm in the middle of solving a puzzle.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Mulva posted:

It's a game changer, if you get the timing down you are straight up loving styling on people. There's video of folks just standing there and back to back to back perfect dodging on Nemesis and dropping him.

Conversely if you *don't* dodge at all he gently caress your day up real real quick.

Can you use it infinitely or is there some sort of resource attached to it? When the first gameplay clips came out I saw some people saying it would use a stamina system so you would have to wait a while between dodges.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Kind of wary about spending $60 on this given the mixed reviews but Steam is tempting me with these bundle savings.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Got RE7 last week during the Steam sale after having it wishlisted for a while, slightly confused about the VR aspect of the game. I thought it was basically the first RE game intended to be played in VR and that's why they shifted to first person, now it's looking from searches like VR is only if you bought it on Playstation and the PC version is still first-person only. Should I try downloading mods to make it work in VR for PC? Is it even a better experience assuming the mods work?

Going to play it either way but figured I should ask early since I'm only about an hour in, just met the family for the first time over dinner. Going into the game basically blind but I'm guessing that whatever's wrong with the family also applies to me because my character has been pretty nonchalant about getting repeatedly mutilated and dismembered.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Anyone tried the new VR mod for RE 7 & 8 on PC? Bought 7 on a whim when it was really cheap during a Steam sale a while back thinking it was a VR game, then never actually played it when I found out that's only in PSVR officially. The first 30 minutes or so were good but I didn't want to spoil myself on the story in case they ever decided to add VR support to the PC version and I could get the fully immersive playthrough. They still haven't done that but this mod looks good enough that it might even be better than the official version.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

RIP to a legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5urkfdMUXo

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Couldn't pass up the opportunity for a flashbang.

Noticed 3D audio wasn't turned on by default and was greyed out when I went to select it, turns out it needs to be enabled in Windows settings first. Worth doing for anyone not using it already, it helps to know where attacks are coming from.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Missionary Positron posted:

The hair in this game looks insanely good, goddamn.

Also, the game is fun as hell.

In an era where it seems like nobody can make a functioning PC game it's nice to have one that runs almost flawlessly. Maxed out fancy hair, ray tracing set to high and it keeps a steady 60+ fps with only occasional dips. Whoever made the RE engine really knows what they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Does the original ever even explicitly tell you about flash grenades? I was thinking it just had a note you might read alluding to plagas not liking light or something.

I thought the merchant's note in the remake sounded dumb when it went from that to "so use flash grenades on them, idiot" on the next page, but I guess I can't complain since I don't think I figured it out on my own in the original.

If there was a note saying it in the original I never found it. I would always keep flashbangs in my inventory and sell them all every time I came across the merchant, why would I need to stun zombies when I can just kill them?