Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

ImpAtom posted:

Huh? The QTE level is less than both Leon and Jake and the Humvee level, while stupid, is relatively short compared to what you have to put up with in the other campaigns.

The Humvee level's longer than the snowstorm level and the plane section in Leon's and it's infuriatingly boring and poorly realized. Same with every single stage of Chris' final boss. As a whole, the Humvee level lacks even the small amount of spectacle of the snowstorm level and goes on for a very long time due to the unclear failure parameters and the tediousness of the actual gameplay involved in it.

I never had any trouble with the QTEs in Leon or Jake's campaigns. Chris were just pointlessly rammed in and nonsensical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sorry, that was unclear, by 'snowstorm' I meant the avalance escape sequence and 'plane section' I meant the bit where you have to 'control' the plane.

I forgot that the rest of that level took place in a literal snowstorm.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Azran posted:

For some reason, it took me 21 tries to clear that sequence the first time. I had to TAP the X button to actually win, for some reason, since even while boosting and not getting hit/crashing into anything, Ada would still escape.

I had some similarly strange, what I assume are bugs, during that sequence. For the longest time, I genuinely had no idea whether or not I was supposed to shoot Ada or something because I'd consistently fail it with no real feedback as to why.

In general, that's a problem that plagues Resident Evil 6.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The GIG posted:

ORC looks like a great game to play with other people. The story reads like plagiarized fanfic though.

The story is the least of O:RC's worries.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Barudak posted:

Dino Crisis 2 is a masterpiece

Yeah, pretty much. It's by far the best Resident Evil/Dino Crisis game yet.

Aces High posted:

One of these days Billy will return from the forest and Capcom will confirm if Rebecca got out of Raccoon before it became ground zero :(

They did confirm that, I'm pretty sure. I'm positive it's said at some point that Rebecca is still alive and kicking and Billy's still on the lam. Billy had to go back to the planet limbo because his people needed him, but Rebecca, Barry, Jill and Chris are the only surviving S.T.A.R.S. members as of Resident Evil 5.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 17, 2014

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Lotish posted:

Not in love with that box art.

It's not great, yeah.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I actually think all the effort and detail they put into the new station clashes in a fairly effective way with the over-emphasis on the Resident Evil keys and puzzles and stuff. It 's a really weird experience.

The changes they've made to the gameplay feel perfect and the demo runs fantastically on a PS4 Pro. Though I was surprised by how much obvious asset re-use there was from RE7, even in such a short block.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The Outbreak games were like ten years ahead of their time.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm in the underground/sewers area as Claire and I've just fought Birkin for the third time and put Sherry in the Cable car, but the Monitor room is still red, but I can't find anything there to pick up? Any ideas?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Wanderer posted:

The game will still let you go back and pick up all the electronic plugs if you want. I'm not sure why, unless it's to let you go back and get into that locked room near where you found the rook plug, or double back for the spark shot.

Weird, I'm going to chuck them all in the box.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

JBP posted:

Leon getting exasperated at zombies constantly is what I live for. He's just trying to learn the ropes guys it's his first day.

Claire has a really good one where she'll just go, "...you rear end in a top hat."

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Claire's revolver is one of the best guns in the game.

Also, I'm surprised by just how little the other character does in the story. Playing through Claire-A and I've literally only seen Leon once outside of the intro and it was just to say hello.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Quicksilver6 posted:

Hey so I’ve been playing for Claire for a few hours and things were going well, but I realized I burned a shitload more ammo than I thought and am dry on almost everything.

Even worse, some gigantic rear end in a top hat in a trenchcoat showed up with zero fanfare and literally nowhere is safe. Should I restart and try to be way more conservative this time? I miss a lot less now but I think I was just being too aggressive.

You should be alright. You don't ever have to shoot him if you're smart about what rooms you're moving through.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Caidin posted:

Dealing with the big stomping lad is stressful, It's not just that he's following you around all the place but he's pretty loving cagey about it sometimes. If I hold tight and wait for the clomping to taper off sometimes he might just planning a drat ambush rather then going someplace else. Also I blew his hat off with a grenade and now he's pissed.

He's kind of limp, at least in Claire A but in Leon B he shows up quite a bit more and you can end up with him lurking outside doors unexpectedly if you're not paying attention.

Billy_Delicious posted:

Got a half day booked off as annual leave, quite literally never seen the clock move slower.

A quick question- if you get the crossbow at the start as in the original, is it any good?

Unless it's in as a bonus weapon you can unlock, the crossbow isn't available and the opening doesn't play out in the same way to give you the opportunity of getting it like that.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I think the B scenarios in general are very disappointing and kind of lame, but I did like the bit where in Leon B, you kill the plant just like Claire did, the Ivy pop up and surround you just like they did to Claire and then the Tyrant comes stomping in completely unexpectedly.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcocdC_OxGA

Even though he explains that he's had the game for an extra week, that is crazy, I'm going to have to watch that, because man, it's really hard to avoid damage in this game.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Gunder posted:

When the hell do you get ammo for Claire's tiny SLS handgun? I just started my B scenario and have been using the Single Action Army because there seems to be no SLS ammo to be found anywhere. Should I just sling this thing into a box and forget about it?

You can only really get regular handgun ammo by crafting it in the B scenarios.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I did Claire A - Leon B and there were a couple of times where I used the Matilda after crafting bullets for it. If you can get the upgraded rounds for Claire, I'd definitely use that, but I'm not sure if they can be found/crafted.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

There are files in RE2 and RE3 that talk about how their were workers in the Raccoon City sewers who were already showing signs of infection before the STARS teams were even sent out to investigate Arklay in June/July.

So while Birkin getting shot and the resulting spill of the T-Virus was the tipping point of pushing the city into chaos, the actual timeline of Raccoon City's descent is way longer than most people assume.

Also, the Tyrant that shows up in the 'B' storyline was sent in to retrieve Sherry's pendant and kill any survivors inside the RPD.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 27, 2019

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Andrigaar posted:

In other news, watching a streamer. His chat is declaring there's an S+ ranking for saving less on top of the speedy finish times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK0GwHG9YEU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Where the hell is the Signal Modulator when you're playing as Claire? I looked on the wall of the stock room where it was for Leon and it isn't there. Or is there another way to unlock the Low Temperature Testing Lab?

See, this is another thing I don't like about this 2nd run. Multiple items/locations are different, so it's like playing the same area as the 1st campaign only not everything is where it used to be. It's more annoying than interesting lol

In the 2nd run for either character it's at the first USS body where you first go to the big central platform/elevator.

In the original, the the 2nd run was a completely different story, with a bunch of changes, in this, it's just a pretty lazy remix which doesn't make a lot of sense.

They should have just redone Claire A/Leon B but had you swap out for each character as you progressed, because all that content is basically in the remake as is.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

STARS having the world's first novelty USB dongle two years before they hit the market is exactly why the Nemesis was sent to hunt them down. Look into it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

THANK YOU

Yeah, it's barely different outside of a few areas, so I'm just ready for it to be over already, and variations like this are annoying because I can't fly through it knowing where everything is because I don't :negative:

I don't mind the 2nd run for what they are, which is basically a light remix for a fresh change of pace right after you beat the game, but they really shouldn't present them like the scenarios from the original.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm genuinely curious to hear why you feel that way.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

JBP posted:

They removed kick and suplex.

The first Suplexes and kicks were released by Sporean company Trek Technology, with the first in the US by IBM in late 2000, the events of RE2 take place in 1998.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I think the only thing I agree with you on is the counter-weapons not working on stairs, which is just lazy, and the G's being fairly tedious.

If anything, I wish the zombies were less consistent and X could just follow you into any room. Still, for the most part I can see where you're coming from. It's weird, I feel like we experienced the exact same game, but had almost the exact opposite reaction to it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Resident Evil 5 and 6 are two of Capcom's best selling games of all time, I'm pretty sure.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Black August posted:

you underestimate how loving stupid corpo suits are and the kind of must-be-ever-bigger numbers they scream in blood for and then chime doom when they're not met

I'm well aware how sales expectations inflate, but one of your best selling games of all times shooting under your inflated sales expectations by a million, while releasing to incredibly tepid reviews and then eventually surpassing that solidly is very different than 'undersold already low expectations by millions'.

Attestant posted:

Apparently 5 rates high, but Monster Hunter takes the top spot these days: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/05/monster-hunter-world-is-capcoms-best-selling-game-ever

Yeah, 5 was the very top until Monster Hunter World basically became an insane hit.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Shoehead posted:

Did anyone elses intro screen just start saying "RESIDENT EVIL.....TWO" like in the old days when you press start, all of a sudden?

You switched to the original soundtrack.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Attestant posted:

Wait what the gently caress, you can get that back? :aaaaa:

Yeah, it also switches the item selection and box sounds, I think.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

ShineDog posted:

So should I just watch the true ending in youtube? I really don't want to go through the whole game twice. It's really great but like I have poo poo to do.

Yeah, here it is, sorry about the bad anti-aliasing, I'm playing on a Mac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI_veDo3784

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Tehran 1979 posted:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e130508b.html

drat bro, it's almost like you're completely ignorant about anything beyond "well I wiki'd this number and it's bigger than this other number that I also have no knowledge of therefore success!".

They revised their sales expectations and projections down to 5 million ahead of those financial results, hence why that says 'missed it's original' target, which was hideously overblown and wasn't 'low'. I also didn't say it was a 'success'. You're weird, bro.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 28, 2019

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Tehran 1979 posted:

No, no it wasn't. You clearly know absolutely nothing about announced sale expectations of public stock exchange companies. Do you see anything in my link that says it was a first sale actuation adjustment? No, no you don't. Why? Because it's not the first adjustment.

You're the worst kind of uninformed, the kind that even when someone is explaining to you something you are still arguing from sheer ignorance using whatever sounds good in your mind.

My dude, you can't even read, you're arguing violently against a position I never took. Go back to posting about USB factoids.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

Apparently I hosed up hard because I totally missed the flamethrower in Leon A, so I rolled up on the last fight with 5 shotgun shells and about 50 pistol rounds.

That was rough. :(

If it's any consolation, the flamethrower is not much use against that boss.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I wonder how much of the changing VAs has to do with union/non-union/non-competition clauses?

Court and Mercer both say that the reason they weren't asked back this time was because they're union.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

The one before it, though? That's where I blew through all of my mag ammo and shotgun shells

Ehhh, it's not the best weapon to use. It's not great for bosses in general. The flamethrower is obviously a lot less precise and the best way to deal with the bosses is to 'pop' their weak spots to stagger them.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

Alright, cool. I gotta stop comparing my inventory to streamers, then. Everyone I saw yesterday was rolling into the last fight with more ammo and items than I had at any single point throughout the game

If you're willing to wear a couple of hits, the flamethrower can theoretically put in some work against the bosses, but I just don't think it has the utility for what you want. Pistols are really useful.

Sheen Sheen posted:

Lab spoilers do the plantmen spawn infinitely, or can you kill all of them? Am I better off dodging them?

From what I understand, they respawn indefinitely unless killed with fire.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

What is the spark shot actually useful for?

It can lock down fully grown G in the sewers and is pretty decent at dealing with G's second form.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

poe meater posted:

Overwhelming odds lead to resident evil 5 and 6.

( Don't tell anyone but I liked 5.)

I'm a big 5 apologist. Couldn't enjoy 6, though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Dewgy posted:

e: Regarding the ghost survivors DLC, was there any indication at all that the corpse in the orphanage is the mayor’s daughter? I mean, I know it myself from having played the original, but without that I don’t remember it coming up in the new one at all.

You can unlock that model in the model viewer and the name is Katherine Warren, but I think that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Leavemywife posted:

Isn't the mayor's last name Harris? Or was a detail I remember from one of the books?

Yeah, I read those books. I liked them for what they were, barring the weird worship of Rebecca.

That was the mayor in the Perry RE2 novel because Warren was first named in the games in 3, I think.