Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So as of right now, is there anything especially tantilizing in the 'complete' version of Revelations 2? I mean it says two additional episodes but they haven't really given anymore details on them anywhere have they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Hahaha, wait. Does the PC campaign just not have coop and is never going to have coop? Holy poo poo
It will have raid coop; it just won't have local campaign coop. Which is honestly not a big deal in my book because local only coop is super dumb in this day and age.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

Is there a difference between this $40 pc version people are talking about and the $25 ps4 version? That's the highest I saw an option for.
Well if you've got paypal, you can always go to Nuuvem and get the full uber edition for $20: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2639-resident-evil-revelations-2-full-bundle

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

That's what I mean, I thought it would eventually have some sort of online coop for the campaign once the servers went up. God drat, Capcom
It's weird you assume there's online campaign coop since the first game didn't have it and from what I've been able to tell consoles won't either. They'll just be stuck in local coop for campaign.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

Well I already got the uberest one they offer on PS4. I'm just wondering if there is a difference between that and the version on steam that people are saying is $39.99. The one in your link appears to be the same content as the PS4 season pass.

Edit: looks like you have to 'buy" the extra season pass stuff from the store for free. Not seeing where the raid mode maps are unless they are automatically added though.
Yeah, they're probably just the same version. The naming conventions on these are weird....like the steam version has a 'complete' version which is just the entire season while it as one called 'Resident Evil Revelations 2' and that contains all the special content?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Nah, this is the game to be seriously peeved about not having campaign local coop. Seriously can not believe the amount of ire that I'm seeing on Steam for that poo poo.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So I might be missing it, but how do I get to the gauntlets in Raid mode? I think it said I just unlocked one but it didn't tell me how to get to it. I figured it'd be listed in the maps or something but I didn't see anything new there.

Also if anyone is looking for the 'Throwback Maps' in raid, they appear to be all the way down at the bottom with the first one saying the recommended level is 15.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Andrew Verse posted:

Gauntlets are what they call the six map clusters.
Really? That seems bizarre to me, but I was probably just skimming the description and missed that.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Sigh, I hate to ask another question but where in the upgrade screen in raid mode do I combine gun upgrades? I saw a tooltip saying that you can combine two of the same kind to level them up but I seem to be overlooking where I can do that on the upgrade bench.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

RoanHorse posted:

Just completed Throwback III-2
gently caress scagdeads

gently caress them forever

The last one that spawns on that map has the Disarm ability, forewarning. I've also never seen it spawn as anything other than a sprinter, and sometimes it has a shield.
If it has a shield just retire and do the mission over again because you will not beat it.
Yeah, I was a bit let down by the the throwback maps because I was expecting a throwback further than RE 6...like let's go fight in the Raccoon City Police Department or the main foyer of the mansion. Something a bit more memorable than ummmm those unmemorable places they had. Also yeah, I had no idea what a scagdead was till I came in here and yeah, those things need to gently caress right off. Also gently caress off to that thing at the end of the last throwback map; I don't know what it was but it seemed like a boss I couldn't understand. I'd expose it's weak spot and it never seemed to care and would just keep pinging zero damage. The only way I could kill it was by leaving behind barrels and killing it with that. Which was already annoying after fighting 30 straight stupid revenants.

And Gina is just amazing as she murders people by doing the robot.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 2, 2015

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Geight posted:

Does Rev2 Raid Mode have a medal for not taking any damage at all? I really didn't like that aspect of Rev1 Raid Mode.
I think it's just kill all, don't use a herb, complete it under/at the level requirement, and probably something else. But I don't think no damage is a part of that.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't really get the melee charge skill in Rev2. It says hold it down to charge an attack, but that just makes my guy slash is knife super fast.
It's only for the contextual melee when an enemy is stunned. It's great for elites or hitting multiple nearby enemies, but it's a bit of overkill for a single normal enemy.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

how much do you need to charge it? I feel like I'm sprinting to stunned enemies and barely hitting R2 with enough time as-is.

also, RE6 was really underrated. it BADLY needed some kind of tutorial or better explanation of the gameplay, though.
Hmmmm, I guess it depends on the enemies. The rotten I find to usually stay stunned for quite a bit and the same with the leadhead dudes, but the more active, normal zombies get un-stunned pretty quick. But with that charge melee it seems to slow down time as you charge up, though it does end up taking about two seconds to charge.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Man, the second part of episode 2 is somewhere between good tension and loving frustrating. The invisible bug dudes are a great idea that aren't overused, but then I gotta deal with either stealth killing too many revenants or wasting bullets on them and that isn't fun in the least. Also I thought the boss of the first part of episode 2 was difficult....but then I fought the drill wielding balls maniac that is mutant Pedro and I died way, way too many times. Did anyone else have that much trouble with that boss or was it just me?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

OxMan posted:

I'd say unless you're dying of boredom to wait, if only cause the season pass and stuff is borked for so many people. I still can't access the raid throwback pack for example.
You aren't missing much, cause seriously gently caress three out of four of those throwback maps. Super fast and poisonous scagdeads after fighting through a swarm of bullshit and dying to instant death ain't fun. Neither is a map that is half slingers and half revenants.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

I nearly bought 2 and 3 on the Gamecube because I thought they would be like REmake. They are not. They are the PSX versions.
What was especially odd to me was that there was some additional content for the N64 version of RE 2 (and possibly 3) that was cut from the later Gamecube version.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Seedge posted:

How do mods like Greedy Killer get applied? Kills with that weapon?
Yeah, as far as I can tell, both that and the exp boosting mod only affect kill exp and gold.

Also I got the full burst mod and I'm wondering if I want to put it on a Drake just to be super stupid. I don't even know what weapon that mod would be good for.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So episode 3 was still pretty strong all around; I enjoyed the death traps in Claire's area and the cooperation in Barry's section. I think the only thing that was a bit tedious and went on for too long was that battery carrying near the end of Barry's chapter. Still this has been a pretty enjoyable experience all around and they really seemed to have nailed down keeping me interested enough to be excited for the next week to come for more episodes.

Also pretty happy I finally unlocked Cypher cause that poo poo is goofy fun. The reach on the katana is pretty crazy and it seems to daze enemies super quick; I just wish he would at least unlock some evade upgrades or something.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Jia posted:

Why did you quote a post from October? :confused:
People really, really love Dark Id. Like a bit too much. Or they could have just missed the date that was posted.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So is the High Roller the highest tier assault rifle in raid mode? Because if so, that's a bit of a bummer since it's so lackluster in comparison to something like the Drake or Mr. Train.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Broose posted:

It's more of a different flavor. To me at least all the guns in each category are just variations with trade offs with different stats, there isn't a tier system as far as I know. But right now, I've been using a rare tag (Dagger Fang) and a steady shot tagged AK-7. I think they work much better than the high roller does. What is the Mr. Train?

I think the best advice to make Raid mode into Easy mode is to put points into a weapon skill. The extra carry capacity makes a big difference.

I hope co-op throws a wrench into raid mode, cause I can already see myself beating Code Red by myself.
I guess Mr. Train was a unique Magnum 2005M; super low rate of fire, high recoil, and pretty amazing damage for it's level. This seems to be a list of them all: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/835623-resident-evil-revelations-2/71326766?page=3

But yeah, haven't really been having too, too much difficult with raid mode outside of a few instances. I think I've only got the last three gauntlets in very hard mode and that omega level visibly left to do, but it seems there is more to do after that; though it does seem kind of a bummer that I won't really have much use for coop mode until they add in more raid stuff. It's also a bit confusing the requirements to get more costumes in raid mode; like I ended up unlocked Claire's hair down, sniper outfit after finishing the final gauntlet in normal? But it never really said it anywhere.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

OxMan posted:

Not in the $25, but i think he is on the $ 40 season pass. He's also free if you get the gamestop disc version i think, might be preorder only.
Sadly there's nothing too amazing about Wesker outside of dodge cancel and that's not unique.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So what jerk thought it was a good idea to make every gauntlet on the Code Red difficulty level 90? Cause I thought I'd be able to steam roll my way through it with Hunk...and then I get half way through gauntlet 2 and I hit level 90. So now I have to level up my next closest character 20+ levels and even then, that character will maybe be able to finish another gauntlet and half. I guess I don't need the completion medals to unlock the omega code red level?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Weremacht posted:

you know you can like, set your character's level before you enter a mission right? hunk can be level 90 forever ~if you believe~
No.....? I never saw that explained anywhere or pointed out anywhere?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

When you're in the deployment menu there should be an option at the bottom of the screen to "Change Level." It's X on keyboard so I'm sure it's mapped to something on controllers. I knew about it from the previous game but it might be explained in the raid menu files that you access from the book on the desk with the store phone in the lobby.
gently caress, I thought that meant did I want to change the level I was deploying into; not whether I wanted to change the level of my character. I'm so stupid :(

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Wanderer posted:

If you're relying on the AI for any serious length of time, you're doing it wrong. The game is made to encourage you to "zap" back and forth repeatedly, or to at least control your main character during combat sections.
Yeah, there are purposely skills in the game that are meant to motivate you to switch to get increased damage. Like a good strategy I found with Claire and Moira is to initially stun an enemy playing as Moira with the flashlight and when the enemy is stunned then Claire's AI will make her run up to context melee the enemy. As she is running up though, you switch over to Claire and in that time you get the damage boost from switching and then do a charged up context melee. You end up doing a metric poo poo ton of damage and coordinate properly with the AI.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So where do they announce these event raid things for Revelations 2? And are they normally something to look out for, or is it just the gauntlets already in place with some gimmick? Like was there a similar thing in Revelations 1?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So I noticed there were patch notes saying they made Code Red difficulties harder...but I don't know if there's really a point in trying them out after I've already done them. Especially since I was let down that there was no new super, uber boss at the end; it was just monster Alex but with a fire effect put on her. Has anyone tried the harder Code Red?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Broose posted:

Might be that the AI is on "Stay there" command? But if the AI is actively following you before you switch then I dunno. I don't remember the commands remembering different states depending on who you were playing as.

I don't even gently caress around with iron heads. I just get a shotgun out and kill that fucker. They take too long to stun and most of the time I end up having to use more healing items.
With the upgrades to the flashlight they really don't take that long to stun. But yeah, before that it's a pain.