Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

Drakenel posted:

So every time we have a scene change we have to watch a door slowly opening and being walked through? :v:

Despite the fact that it existed only to mask load times, I miss that poo poo in newer RE games.

Was it in CV where zombies actually come through the door during a loading scene? I remember almost making GBS threads my pants at that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

Revitalized posted:

Ugh I found the USS jackets that they were giving away on InsertedEvil. Since I pretty much missed the whole contest, I searched it up to see if I could just obtain one normally and it's $149. Argh. And then like a $10 shipping on top of that.

Man, that's steep. The t-shirts look great, though. Wouldn't mind getting one of those.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

Vakal posted:

I like the licker shirt since unless you knew what you were looking at, it would mean nothing to most people. But it is still a distinct RE design unlike the groping hands shirt.

I did like that one a lot. I'm very tempted to get the USS Polo, or the USS hoodie.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

Speedball posted:

Outbreak had problems...boy did it have problems... but I still found myself enjoying it when I played it. I liked "random group of people band together to avoid zombies in a time-sensitive situation," I liked the clever options you had regarding the cure and the final boss, and I thought it was actually pretty good-looking. If only the load times weren't so abysmal...

I liked Outbreak a lot. It was very much a product of its time, though. So much of its intentional design just wouldn't play today (and if I remember correctly, didn't really play in the US when it first came out, based on reviews)

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I was actually surprised how little I liked RE0. I got that as a Christmas gift just after the game came out, and I really didn't like the way you had to switch between characters and leave them in places.

I feel like the game could have benefited greatly from proper co-op.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I think the Spec Ops dudes are the villains of ORC. Like I know that's kinda funny to say when the protagonists of the game are cop killing corporate thugs but that's what's going on I believe.

They're just giving fans what they want: More Hunk than they can handle.

Electromax posted:

RE6 is the biggest Capcom project ever, 600 people involved

I guess I'm still kind of surprised to think of RE as Capcom's flagship. Megaman is dead but he's always sprung to mind along with Street Fighter, but I guess times have changed. Or rather, I guess I just can't get out of the mentality of 1996.

RE has been a flagship series for Capcom for years. The game had a bit of a lull, no question, but once RE4 came out, Capcom has been taking the series pretty drat seriously.

thetrin fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 28, 2012

thetrin
May 4, 2009

For whatever reason, I always considered CV more of a "real" RE3 than Nemesis. I didn't play Nemesis until much later, and I didn't like it at all.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

Ghostnuke posted:

Does anyone else look at that "6" logo and see someone blowing a giraffe?

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE does.

It's a shame too, because if not for that, the logo is actually pretty well put together.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

Alteisen posted:

I can't believe 3 loving mercs maps are DLC.

Have they said whether or not those maps will be available at some later date?

Thievery posted:

Then play as Leon, like everyone should be doing all the time.

I certainly can't argue with that logic. Everyone should be Leon at all times. In fact, there should be a skill unlock where both you and your partner are Leon.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I'm interested to see if consumer opinions end up lining up with review opinions. I actually enjoyed the demo, but maybe I just really wanted to like it, because I love RE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetrin
May 4, 2009

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Does this Resident Evil have couch co-op? If so, when does it kick in?

If by couch co-op you mean split screen, then yes it does.