Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Each RE relaunch has started like this though

Resident Evil started out with you being chased by demonic dogs into a haunted mansion filled with zombies, death traps, and strange creatures....only to discover that the supernatural creatures infesting the residence are actually biological weapons that broke free during an accident at the laboratory behind the mansion. The zombies were created because of the release of a virus strain and the mansion's puzzles and death traps were part of the mansion residence because it's owner (who is also a founding member of the bioweapon company) was an eccentric old rich dude.

Resident Evil 4 started out with you in some creepy european town fighting tranced villagers, fantasy-esque creatures, and a demon cult but it turns out that some guy who discovered a prehistoric parasite that can control people (also drive them mad) and turn others into monsters and has been slowly infecting the european countryside to serve under his rule with his ultimate goal to infect the President of the United States.

I believe Resident Evil 7 starts out with you thinking your in a haunted house with ghosts and possibly scary hick killers and it will turn out the ghosts are some sort of hallucination caused by your character being drugged, the crazy hick killers are actually just thugs working for the villainous organization, and all the old meat laying around is used to feed the bioweapons or something or maybe just props used to gently caress with the protagonist or its just an old abandoned place they are keeping the protagonist captive in

It's like a Scooby Doo mystery where at first you think its supernatural but by the end everything can be explained by rationale real world science.

This is exactly what I want as well but with the addition of Leon, Chris or even Jake coming at the end and just annihilate whatever been chasing/hunting you in like 5 minutes because if you're really are playing a just regular person, this should be the scariest thing you've ever experienced but for them it's just another Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Creamed Cormp posted:

The Ada/Leon bullshit fake tsundere relationship is easily in my top 5 list of things I love about the RE characters canon alongside :

-Claire being everyone's big sister
-Barry and everything about him
-that Wesker's and Birkin's kids are together
-Chris and Jill being just friends

Also I'd love to own a gunshop in the RE universe. I'd be making bank with all those outbreaks.
"Well I'm sure those people in Terragria also thought they didn't need those extra shotgun shells too... and see what happened to them. By the way do you know about our layaway program?"

Claire Redfield being sick and tired with all of the B.O.W Umbrella bullshit is my favorite part of Rev2. I