Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Spoiler for about 5 minutes after you open the Goddess Statue gateway:

I was so waiting for them to shoot the dog a 4th time lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Mr X was a huge mistake in the A games.

The game went from spooky creeping terror like Alien to JUST SHOOT AND RUN like Aliens.

I miss the scary game. The stressful game sucks.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

SettingSun posted:

I don't think the game has my best interest in mind when there are zombies, lickers and Mr. X all in the same hallway.

The garage bit, you know the one, can loving eat my rear end top to bottom.

Republicans posted:

One thing about Mr. X I find disappointing: He never busts through walls to get you. That was my absolute favorite part of the original.

He did this to me twice. I think it's all in how you lead him.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 27, 2019

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LadyPictureShow posted:

In other news, all of these 'Mr. X Gon Give It To Ya' vids coming out make me laugh.
https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/ak3f74/mr_x_has_great_audio_cues_to_let_you_know_if_hes/

Holy poo poo lmao

Also, I learned from the comment under the video X got out of prison today, so it's double blessed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The flamethrower owns and I'd like to see a dlc patch where you can primary it from beginning to end.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

poo poo, should I have the Shotgun by the time I fight G Tyrant ? I found the card in the demo and got it, but couldn't find it in the final game. Sucks I didn't realize it was gonna lock me in and all I have is a pistol and I keep running out of ammo before he dies. And as far as I can tell the game does not spawn emergency ammo during boss fights.

You very much should.

Like... a hella long time ago.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

One more question. Are there texts to find to help open the lockers with the combo locks? Or I am supposed to just be figuring them out?

Some are puzzles (Leon's desk mates)
Some are on whiteboards
Some are on film
Some are in pamphlet codexes
Some are in notes

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
End game spoilers I guess:

I just realized I've picked up every blue herb in the game and there are no spiders.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why do you keep shooting the zombie that got a steel plate in his head in 'Nam... in the head?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Yep, 2nd and 3rd bestselling Capcom games ever.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

However, in Hollywood accounting, they were duds. Like how Batman vs. Superman made a billion dollars but was a flop because the production budget and ads and everything else were massive, and they were expecting a much larger return on investment.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Yeah I got the deluxe edition when they said "old soundtrack and original costumes".

The Wesker Samurai Edge, the noir outfits, and the Walking Dead Coral outfit were just bonuses.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The sturdy zombies are the perfect demonstration of sunken cost fallacy.

"I can't waste a shotgun shell now, I've already put 6 bullets in him. Surely the next one will..."

*shoots*
*zombie gets up*
"Surely the next one will...*
*shoots*
*zombie gets up*
"Surely the next one will...*
*shoots*
*zombie gets up*
"Oh for gently caress's sake...*

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I haven't tried it yet but can you shotgun a zombie in the dick and get one of those half zombies? Those are my favorite.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DLC Inc posted:

If we get to play as one of the poor fuckers who was sent in to assassinate Birkin that would loving own.

The real hero of RE2 remake is the cop pinned to the ceiling in the classic licker hallway.

Your playthrough as him ends with you scaring the living poo poo out of some rookie cop.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CuddleCryptid posted:

Welcome to the Church of Our Holy Father The Stomp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPtF-hvruDQ

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Yeah, people with minor bite wounds die of it and come back, but people who just die of normal stuff that don't have the virus don't come back.

It's definitely a "bite = die = zombie" type of zombie outbreak, and there are people that are immune naturally (Leon, Chris, Claire, Barry).

Then you have whatever Wesker's deal is which changes from game to game.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mel Mudkiper posted:

In Code Veronica the virus revives all recently dead not just bitten by zombies

To clarify: corpses don't reanimate without the virus present. But anything not immune that gets the virus will die from it then zombify.

So if something is dead and stays that way, no virus. If something gets the virus and lives it's immune.

So Leon can straight guzzle the T-virus and will never turn. But when he dies of whatever else and his immune system switches off due to being dead, it's zombie Leon time.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
RE3make should have a shitzillion birds and spiders just to make up for the glaring oversight in this game.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gunder posted:

Chris really does have one hell of a meat-head look in 5. I'm glad they changed it for 7.

*punches boulder into submission*

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Thundercracker posted:

Resident Evil 4 is timeless. So good almost every 3rd person shooter started copying its behind the shoulder view style

RE4make with PS5 graphics is going to be loving dope.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

RichterIX posted:

This has probably been asked before but I'm trying to avoid the spoiler minefield. Mid-game Leon A spoilers: I'm in the parking garage and I forgot to go to the special weapons case outside of the Birkin boss fight room. Can I get back there later? I can't go back through Birkin's room because he's a dick and collapsed the catwalk. When I remembered I had never opened the case I was back in the PD, but I couldn't reopen the statue passage.

You can backtrack to anything until a point in the game where you're literally told you can't backtrack any more.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

For the life of me I can’t remember how to get back to the boiler room. Nothing seems to connect to it and I left an item in there.

Helicopter hall -> Roof -> Down the stairs

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Maybe the USB dongle was wrong for the era, but at least they got the rest of the tech right for 1998 like the EMF visualizer

And the pneumatic tube system where you can send magic healing herbs from the main hall to any chest in the city.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I remember Jill getting juggier and Chris swelling like a balloon, turning them into Rob Liefeld drawings as the games progressed.

Hopefully they'll stay with the sensible REmake models and not whatever the gently caress happened in the dark days of the PS3.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

OnimaruXLR posted:

Was there a reason given for Jill's tube top and mini in RE3, other than character design? I remember someone once tried to convince me she was coming back from the gym, and in that moment, being convinced that person has no idea what people do in a gym

LMAO. Don't mind me, just wearing my gently caress me boots and no bra as I run the treadmill and do some squats.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Castor Poe posted:

I have a few questions before I pick this up next paycheck:

1) Does it kinda fall apart once you reach the sewers like the OG RE2 or did they make the last two section actually good?

2) How Leonesque is Leon in this one? Are we dealing with B-action movie hero Leon or "Please don't shoot I'm a human!" Leon?

3) Is the city section longer? Any new areas?

Sewers are longer.

Don't shoot. Please.

Much, much, much shorter.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The alligator and the main hall were the two main things I remembered about RE2 before I replayed it after 15 years last month.

I forgot all about Birkin and the lab and all that stuff, even though I wore out the disc playing it so much in the 90s. But, man, that gator was crispy fresh in my mind.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Can I just... buy the unlimited weapons? I'm so bad at this game lol. I have no ammo and I'm about to grab the club key in Claire A and I'll never get under 3 hours.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Chief Irons multiplayer DLC where you randomly put poo poo in weird places while people try to solve your dumb maze.

4v1 multiplayer DLC where one player is Mr. X hunting Leon, Claire, Ada, and Sherry. Each character is a "class" (Tank, Assault, Engineer, Scout)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Broose posted:

I had no idea RDR2 was THAT popular. Really hadn't paid any attention to it.

My mom actually called me to ask me about it when she saw a news story about it making something insane like $750M in 13 hours.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Fabricated posted:

I kinda hope something like this is possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WutlOjp2JsI

If the last bit was the DMX bark I would have died, but it was pretty good as is.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So what's the word? Game Good? Only RE games I've played have been 4, 5 and 7, and I've loved them, but I have no nostalgia for RE2 so I'll only be in it for the "Is this a good game to experience in 2019"

On behalf of nostalgia: it's great

As an RE fan: it loving owns

Just judging it as a game: it's really good and spooky and tense and fun

9/10 now crank out RE3make

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

I hope they do RE8 instead

I hope the series continues in the direction of RE7 with the RE2 mechanics and whatnot.

The first half of RE7 in VR probably took 5 years off my life with how loving hard my heart was beating.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I had one die standing up, folded in half, ears to ankles.

Had a good laugh until a licker took my head off a second later.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Probably for the best, Claire is so thirsty she can barely function when Leon was a locked gate away.

The facial animation for Claire is always borderline horny or just loving amped to be owning zombies, outside of the injury and death animations.

Like when she's running from Mr. X she legit looks like this is the coolest poo poo ever and totally wants a souvenir t-shirt and hat.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Dino Crisis and Parasite Eve remakes are probably too much to ask for, but god I would be so loving happy if that happened.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Y'all got me terrified of using a single flame round thinking they're all needed for them photosynthesis motherfuckers later.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Fun fact with the flamethrower: a gentle puff of flame, using only 2 fuel units, will ignite them and knock them down.

It should only take 10 units total to crisp them.

Final Birkin takes about 100.

Flamethrower is EXTREMELY OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

drat so you can clear all of labs with just the flamethrower? That's good to know

Endgame Leon A spoilers:

With the exception of the lickers you could wipe out every inch of the labs with just one flame tank, yes. And they give you two.

So really your optimum loadout for everything past the cable car is a flamethrower, spare tank, 3 grenades, and 10-12 magnum rounds for Mr. X