Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
There's this part in the first chapter of RE4 where you try to get back to the village, and a bunch of villagers and one of the chainsaw dudes come running up to you.

You also have a variety of grenades.

I feel like this entire setpiece was designed for players to use some of those grenades, and learn the power of the flashbang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
I'm playing the RE2 remake using a fps mod, and it's fantastic.

Aiming for headshots becomes easier, but you lose a lot of peripheral vision. It makes everything really loving intense, and made me pay a lot more attention to environmental details.

I've never really been scared by zombies, but having one get the jump on you and being right in your face changes that.

I paused the game after clearing a room, not noticing that one of the zombies wasn't dead yet. The moment I unpaused, it lurched from the ground straight to my face. Gave my partner a good laugh.

10/10, would recommend

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

DanielCross posted:

Isn't the point of Revelatons that, without Terragrigia, the BSAA and other similar organizations wouldn't be nearly as successful? Like, the whole reason Morgan instigated the incident was because, despite Raccoon City and other similar outbreaks, the world at large didn't take Bioterror seriously, and anti-BOW organizations were kind of scraping by. After Terragrigia though, every anti-BOW organization under the sun suddenly got crazy amounts of funding. In that sense, even if it's never brought up by name again, Terragrigia's one of the most important events in the series timeline.

Yeah, but it's weird because until RE:R it was kind of assumed that the events of the main games were enough to do that. In less then a decade the US Government has to nuke the entirety of Raccoon City, causing the resignation of one president, has the daughter of his successor kidnapped by a foreign cult with literal brainworms and has become stuck in the slow and difficult mop-up of Umbrella's creations, including deadly outbreaks all over the world.

RE:R destroying a scifi metropolis with an orbital laser on top of all that is completely unnecessary overkill...

...like most cool things in this series. :rms: