Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hey I noticed RE0 is getting a lot of mediocre/bad reviews - are there actually any problems with the remake performance wise etc? I guess I'm going to buy it either way but I haven't been following development of it at all. The reviews just surprised me because I love RE0 + thought it was generally pretty well liked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

To be honest if they just continued to remake 1 + 4 for eternity people would probably be happy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does RE4 hold the record for most ported video game

I'm a very smart person that only bought it three times

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's a pretty big RE sale on PSN for the 20th anniversary incase anyone missed it

Is Revelations 2 worth playing? I never got around to that one, I guess the episodic thing kinda put me off back when it first came out

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FanaticalMilk posted:

What difficulty did you play it on. I think the two options you're given at the beginning are actually Normal vs. Hard, rather than Easy vs. Normal which the descriptions kinda imply.

I think it's actually the opposite, the options are Normal/Easy/Very Easy (In the recent release of REmake at least, maybe there were only two options in the GC version)

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 12, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I feel like there would probably be kind of a backlash if they did anything but a straight REmake type of deal

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are you saying you don't love RE2 + 3

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Oh that's awesome. I played through The Evil Within last year on PS4 after they finally patched out those weird black bars on the top/bottom of the screen and loved it. (I even played the dumb difficulty where you die in one hit) I thought it got kind of mediocre reviews so I wasn't expecting a sequel

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Did the patch improve the abysmal PS4 framerate?

Also it was fairly early in the current console releases and had 'from the director of RE4!' going for it so it probably did better than the mediocre reviews suggest.

I think they patched the framerate at some point, it seemed ok to me. I think I have a really bad eye for that kind of thing in general though so I'm not really sure. Framerate problems never really bother me but they seem to be a massive dealbreaker for some people (Maybe it's because I don't play games on PC)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm assuming you can play it in 3rd person without VR or something

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ghost Wesker is more powerful than you could possibly imagine

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have faith in RE7 being worth playing at least because I don't think I've ever played an RE game I didn't enjoy on some level

The problem is that I guess you need VR to get the most out of it and I'm still not really sold on it at all

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jia posted:

Leon's is the best because you get to play as Helena and she's the best and I love her and I'm going to make her my wife.

Same but with Leon

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Have they been doing any kind of marketing for Umbrella Corps because it's so weird that it's out in like 3 days

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess it doesn't really count but Siren is probably the coolest horror series that's made use of first person

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It works pretty well in Siren too

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Crowetron posted:

I thought you were joking, but then I googled it and I'll be damned. According to the Resident Evil wiki, it's about a former Umbrella scientist who somehow got hired by an Australian university and shockingly makes some killer viruses. It features a character named Posh and a Tyrant wearing shoulder pads.

I guess it's true, the story really is airtight.

But where did Billy go :saddowns:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Everytime I go back to RE4 I'm super impressed by how well it holds up

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I don't really get why people play those harder difficulty modes, I admit, I am picturing more second rate Capcom games when I say this but I can't imagine higher difficulties are balanced and designed as the game intends it

I guess it's not really the same thing but the Real Survival difficulty in REmake where the item boxes aren't connected is a lot of fun. It really forces you to plan ahead and think about your routes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Geight posted:

I've already fought Wesker, that spot is forever taken.

Leon is much more handsome + would make a great villain

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why not use the AI

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Didn't the xbox sell like 5 units total in japan though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

In fact, in reality, most of them would probably be downright awkward to talk to.

Maybe the original RE voice acting was actually the most accurate portrayal of the characters

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 1, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They should port RE4 to Vita next so we have a proper portable version of the game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Let's all just agree that the Resident Evil 7 logo is very good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Krauser had a pretty sweet deal with whatever was going on with his plagas since he could turn his arm back to normal

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there any reason that they didn't put Leon in Mercenaries 3D even though there are RE4 maps/characters? (No Ada either)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I always thought headshots were better if you wanted to stagger them for a melee attack

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Alteisen posted:

I need a bigger suitcase.

This is only at 2-1 btw, I'm being stingy with my supplies.

They need to make an endless tetris style puzzle game where you play as Leon's attache case and you rearrange the items/mix herbs as he picks them up in real time (with bonuses for colour coding)

He'd be constantly freeing up new spaces by using ammo/healing items so you have to keep rearranging everything until he reaches the end of the game where Leon and his case ride off into the sunset together

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah REmake is definitely the way to go if you want a good entry point into the classic RE games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think there are any random elements with the bosses

I remember watching a Japanese guy streaming RE4 trying to do a Professional 100% accuracy/no healing/no upgrades/no saving/no merchant run and that boat fight seemed to play out exactly the same everytime

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

1redflag posted:

Amy good hints/tips for Resident Evil (REmake)? I'm about to start the PS4 version.

Not really a tip but just a heads up that the difficulty screen is kind of misleading

It looks like Easy, Medium, Hard but it's actually Very Easy, Easy, Normal

Also I would maybe recommend playing as Jill if you've never played RE1 before because she has a bigger inventory than Chris

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

At least his hair is still beautiful

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Len posted:

I forgot dynamite guys in RE4 are super bullshit. You can stun them forever and the dynamite won't explode but the second they die? Boom. I just died because a guy had to walk across the map and break down a door but the dynamite didn't explode until I got a lucky headshot.

You can shoot the dynamite

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think Rebecca/Billy in RE0 have a couple different idle animations depending on the size of weapon they're holding

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I don't recall any idle animations in REmake, RE0 or RE4 (Ashley looking around being an exception). Could be wrong as far as RE0 goes, but there weren't any in REmake.

Oh sod it, I'll check quickly.

Edit:
No idle animations in RE0, unless they take an aeon to trigger.

You have to stand there for like 45-60 seconds IIRC. It makes sense to have them in RE0 since one character will be standing there for like 5-10 minutes sometimes when they have to split up for certain sections

E:

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 21, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

She killed thousands of zombies in the mercenaries

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think Rebecca was one of the few people in the RE universe smart enough to say yeah i'm done good luck everyone

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

One of my biggest complaints about The Evil Within is that 50% of the enemies can kill you instantly to the point I'm not even sure why they bother giving you a health bar that you can upgrade.

I guess you could play the akumu difficulty where you die in one hit :v:

(Though it's actually not that hard since there are checkpoints before/after every enemy encounter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Even Psycho Mantis in MGS1 alone makes it the better survival horror game with fixed perspectives.

what